Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney purchases Lucasfilms in the News & Rumors forums; Eastern Airlines?...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Disney purchases Lucasfilms

Eastern Airlines?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I agree that a Star Wars Land type area is very likely. I can see a lot of expansion coming to DHS.

It'll be an interesting time to say the least.

I agree!

Just think if they re-alignes the carpark entrance for DHS to come off Victory Way how much more land they'd have to play with near LMA and The Back Lot Tour.

Name:  DHS ariel map.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  84.1 KB
    Last edited by trickster; 11-05-2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Attachment added :-)
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I like the extra space they kept around all of the parks as it allows for some major expansion... We can see a Star Wars area having plenty of room for whatever they may want...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Eastern Airlines?
    Exxon Mobil!!!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I like the extra space they kept around all of the parks as it allows for some major expansion... We can see a Star Wars area having plenty of room for whatever they may want...
    They would have to move some DHS areas around backstage and push them out but agree, there is so much land to open up the parks. AK, well they left so much empty land in that park, wonder if it will need to be expanded.

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Good lord, people.

Let's wait for the ink on the contract to dry. Then hope they finally fix Epcot and the Yeti, at least, before all of the Star Wars crazy talk.

They can't create a viable land out of a movie franchise most people don't like (Avatar), but they can out of one that they do like?

What's the difference?

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    They can't create a viable land out of a movie franchise most people don't like (Avatar), but they can out of one that they do like? What's the difference?
    I guess in this case, Disney has more of a vested interest in the property since they will soon own it, over Cameron's franchises, which are still outside properties at this point.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Absolutely.

That doesn't address my point, though.

They're both movie franchises. Either you can build an entire land out of one, or you can't.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

In regards to Star Wars you certainly can... The revenue generated I've over the years is proof... The franchise has huge following... Avatar cannot boast even a quarter of the fan base that Star Wars has... All I'm saying is there is room for expansion... And let's not act as though this expansion hasn't been rumored before...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

So, the revenue generated by a movie determines whether or not you can base an entire land upon it?

Sorry, Joe. That simply doesn't make any sense.

Using that logic, Titanic would make for a great land.

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

Well considering Star Wars has had 6 movies, comics, tv shows, and more I think you have a lot more to base a land on over Avatar which has only one film so far. Plus, Star Wars has so many fans and tons of story lines and attraction ideas compared to Avatar. Honestly, nothing has happened with that movie since the film.
    trickster likes this.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I don't mind expansion at all, I just don't want to see them crowd themselves in and have parks potentially butting up against each other.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Good lord, people.

Let's wait for the ink on the contract to dry. Then hope they finally fix Epcot and the Yeti, at least, before all of the Star Wars crazy talk.

They can't create a viable land out of a movie franchise most people don't like (Avatar), but they can out of one that they do like?

What's the difference?
    Why shouldn't we engage in crazy talk on an online Forum dedicated to the love of a World created by a dead genius and led by a mouse?

It's not that they can't create a viable land from Avatar. Star Wars is a franchise with a viable long term life span. It is loved by many people and has a huge universe behind it. Avatar is one film with rumored sequels and has yet to be deemed a viable long term franchise.

If anyone would make Avatar Land work, Disney will.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Zipadeedooda View Post
    Well considering Star Wars has had 6 movies, comics, tv shows, and more I think you have a lot more to base a land on over Avatar which has only one film so far. Plus, Star Wars has so many fans and tons of story lines and attraction ideas compared to Avatar. Honestly, nothing has happened with that movie since the film.
    You're still missing the point. Either you can base an entire land on a movie franchise, or you can't.

Carsland says you can. It wasn't the most popular Pixar movie, AND it had an awful sequel.

And the bottom line here is WDW needs a whole lot of TLC in other areas long before they even start to blue sky for a Star Wars expansion in the parks.

So far Avatar isn't a franchise. It's a single movie with rumored sequels. Star Wars is a worldwide hit that has tons of source material to build from that appeals to grown ups and kids alike. I'm not certain what Avatar's draw with kids is like.

Cars is completely different. It may not have been the best movie but it has a huge following with kids due to the Disney merchandising monster.

And you are right, there are many other areas of WDW that needs taken care of before any more expansion is done. But that's what's great about the internet, we can speculate and debate all we want.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast