Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney purchases Lucasfilms in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC Something needs to be done in AK... Without some expansion (Avatar themed or otherwise) the park will lose any growth that it may have gained attendance ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Disney purchases Lucasfilms

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Something needs to be done in AK... Without some expansion (Avatar themed or otherwise) the park will lose any growth that it may have gained attendance wise in the past few years...
    I don't think anyone would disagree that AK needs something. It actually needs far more than one big draw. When I was there with my son in April, we came in the park, walked to Safari to get a FP, walked to Everest (stopped mid way for the best Margarita slushi at a tiny stand I ever had at Disney). I believe from the time we got off the bus and walked that distance around to Everest it was an hour. Everything is so freak'n far.

We didn't pass much going to the Safari nor did we pass anything really going to Everest, well beyond plants, beverages and food carts. We walked onto Everest, Rode Dinosaurs, went back to Safari and I think we were back on the bus in under 3 hours. Yet 3 hours, with 2 walk on attractions we only rode 3 attractions.

On the day he had to work I went to AK on my own and tried to like it. I did the things I hadn't done in 15 years since we first attended when it opened and hated it. When I met up with the DS he asked what I did. The 24 year old looked at me like a needed a brain transplant. He was right. I wish I had those hours back.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 11-11-2012 at 11:57 PM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Do folks like you and supernova even know why you continue to go to the Disney parks?

I mean, yeah, I miss the way things used to be as well, but it seems as though both of you are perfectly miserable throughout the entire experienced based upon your reports here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Do folks like you and supernova even know why you continue to go to the Disney parks?

I mean, yeah, I miss the way things used to be as well, but it seems as though both of you are perfectly miserable throughout the entire experienced based upon your reports here.

Oy. Cranky Monday again?

Just because we don't agree with your opinions about Avatar it really is not necessary to have a meltdown. You are always so sensitive and habitually lash out at other members, might want have that looked into. Just saying.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Where did I say anything about Avatar? And how is asking a simple question "lashing out"? Speaking of sensitive...

Where did you say anything about Avatar in the post I questioned?

Try to stop creating straw men and read my posts for comprehension.

This has nothing to do with avatar, or any specific land/attraction/whathaveyou.

You attend AK and wish you had those hours of your life back. You talk about the MK and oh my how the FLE is going to be a huge bust, and why can't they get a roller coaster built in the time frame you deem sufficient? And although we likely agree more than not when it comes to Epcot (especially Future World), there's a notable trend there.

And I won't even get you started on your number one pet peeve, the transportation system.

It's just befuddling why you'd continue to spend a relatively outrageous amount of money to keep going somewhere that only makes you complain.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 11-12-2012 at 11:06 AM.

And Cranky Monday continues.

As does your ability to paint as "hostile" a simple question you are either unwilling, or unable, to answer.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

There's plenty to love about the place. But there is still plenty to wish they'd fix, too. The parks are far from perfect. Trouble is, they seem to be 'fixing' things and heading in the wrong direction. I honestly don't see how new Fantasyland is going to increase park attendance like HP helped Universal.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

The main difference being that Universal was in bad need of the attendence boost.

BTW, have you seen the newly released artists renderings of the new Test Track? They actually look very promising.

The main difference being that Universal was in bad need of the attendence boost.
    True. But just because Disney doesn't need the help in the attendance area doesn't justify their going about things half-heartedly.

BTW, have you seen the newly released artists renderings of the new Test Track? They actually look very promising.
    Not yet. Again, I don't follow the Disney parks blog, and this is really the only site I both posting on, so if it's not here, I haven't seen it. The first and only picture I saw was a Tron looking car from early concept photos. Since the exterior loop around the building was a big (noisy) draw to the building, I would imagine they're leaving that there? Especially after taking that technology and kicking it up about ten notches out in Cars Land.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I guess I just don't see the half-hearted aspect of the FLE.

As for TT, the physical ride is going to remain the same. A safe assumption I made the second they announced the refurb. There was no conceivable reason to change it, being that it is still one of the most popular rides on property.

Here's the new artwork.

New Concept Art Reveals More of Test Track Presented by Chevrolet | WDW News Today

Thanks for the link. Very Tron-ish. And same general idea with the design of the car in the mirror from Radiator Springs Racers.

Surprised they are changing the queue area, though. The old one was visually appealing and engaging for the guests and.... oh wait. Never mind.

Well, the old queue actually was interesting the first time through. After that, annoying and loud were the only apt descriptions.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

the queue dated itself extremely quickly... something about seeing a mid 90's version of my Monte Carlo in the videos...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

FOCUSING ON STAR WARS: EPISODE VII, LUCASFILM POSTPONES EPISODES II AND III 3D

January 28, 2013Lucasfilm has decided to postpone this fall's scheduled release of Star Wars Episodes II and III in 3D. Given the recent development that we are moving forward with a new Star Wars trilogy, we will now focus 100 percent of our efforts on Star Wars: Episode VII in order to ensure the best possible experience for our fans. We will post further information about our 3D release plans at a later date.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast