Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney purchases Lucasfilms in the News & Rumors forums; Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news. Check out the link. Thoughts? Concerns? I expect this to be a heated debate. They usually ...
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Disney purchases Lucasfilms

Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

Check out the link. Thoughts? Concerns?

I expect this to be a heated debate. They usually are.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Disney purchases Lucasfilms

I'm very exicted for this for what it could mean for the parks. And with the plans to release more movies, think about this if you didn't care for the prequels, Lucas isn't the one making them. It's going to have different filmmakers.
    trickster likes this.
    WDW Radio Android App.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

"This is all Michael Eisner's fault!"

mkcoughlan likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

The Internet is imploding. One is funnier than the next. Here is another from Attractions:

If you don't follow Attractions, this might be the day if you need a laugh and a diversion from all the rain and wind.
    trickster and mkcoughlan like this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

"Help me Obi-Wan. You're my only hope...to kill Avatarland!"
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Thumbs up Re: Disney purchases Lucasfilms

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    "help me obi-wan. You're my only hope...to kill avatarland!"
    nice!
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    "Help me Obi-Wan. You're my only hope...to kill Avatarland!"

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

It sounds a cool investment to me and that's without reading about it... Which I'm off to do now!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I don't think it's a big secret that George wasn't actually that good of a screenwriter. The studio reigned him in during the original trilogy but he was given complete control for the prequels which are evidence enough to have the man hung.

I think Disney overseeing the product now does nothing but improve the Lucas properties and even further expand their reach and profitability.

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder

Honestly, I was not at all shocked that Disney purchased Lucasfilm. I always thought that it was inevitable, espcially when you look at how much involvement Lucas has in the parks, especially DHS. However, I was shocked and excited to find out they will be making Episode 7. I hope it can live up to the original trilogy.

On another note, what does this mean for WDW? In my opinion, now that New Fantasyland is complete (with the exception of Mine Train). I think it's time to focus on re-inventing DHS. Just think, Disney now owns Marvel and Lucasfilm. This gives them the perfect opportunity to redo the park lands. Obviously keep Hollywood and Sunset Blvd. the same, but what about coordinating the rest of the lands to match all their different properties.

I mean you have animation courtyard, pixar place which desperately needs expansion upon just Toy Story Mania, add more Muppets Studios attractions, redo the area near Stunt Spectacular and ST to be Lucasfilm, and get rid of Backlot to create a Marvel Studios section (whenever Universal loses the rights). There is so much untapped material here!!!
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

Quote Originally Posted by Zipadeedooda View Post
    Honestly, I was not at all shocked that Disney purchased Lucasfilm. I always thought that it was inevitable, espcially when you look at how much involvement Lucas has in the parks, especially DHS. However, I was shocked and excited to find out they will be making Episode 7. I hope it can live up to the original trilogy.

On another note, what does this mean for WDW? In my opinion, now that New Fantasyland is complete (with the exception of Mine Train). I think it's time to focus on re-inventing DHS. Just think, Disney now owns Marvel and Lucasfilm. This gives them the perfect opportunity to redo the park lands. Obviously keep Hollywood and Sunset Blvd. the same, but what about coordinating the rest of the lands to match all their different properties.

I mean you have animation courtyard, pixar place which desperately needs expansion upon just Toy Story Mania, add more Muppets Studios attractions, redo the area near Stunt Spectacular and ST to be Lucasfilm, and get rid of Backlot to create a Marvel Studios section (whenever Universal loses the rights). There is so much untapped material here!!!
    I agree that a Star Wars Land type area is very likely. I can see a lot of expansion coming to DHS.

It'll be an interesting time to say the least.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Huh?

Outside of Star Tours what involvement does he have?

I think it's time to focus on re-inventing DHS. Just think, Disney now owns Marvel and Lucasfilm. This gives them the perfect opportunity to redo the park lands. Obviously keep Hollywood and Sunset Blvd. the same, but what about coordinating the rest of the lands to match all their different properties.

That sounds like a homerun to me, but lets not kid ourselves Universal is never going to allow the Marvel right last slip away. I think I heard that in order for that to happen they would have to seriously jeopardize the integrity of the property, by allowing their attractions to fall in to disrepair, and seeing how they just pumped a bunch of money into fixing Spider-Man I think it's safe to say that was their way of telling Disney, "Not.gonna.happen."

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Huh?

Outside of Star Tours what involvement does he have?
    Indianna Jones.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast