Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Another death in Walt Disney World??? in the News & Rumors forums; Welcome to the boards Dancer12!!!...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Welcome to the boards Dancer12!!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

dancer12 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks! I've been really busy between Disney World and school so I haven't posted until now

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by dancer12
    Thanks! I've been really busy between Disney World and school so I haven't posted until now
    Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

PrincessAlina is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    My personal reaction (okay, I'm not a bad person, it was just a reaction) to the Mission:Space death was "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, YOU IDIOT!" I know it is not my place to judge this poor mother, who will for the rest of her life live with the decision she made, but that was my first reaction.
    I'm sure alot a people, parents especially, had that reaction. I know it was mine.

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    I agree. The mom clearly didn't think it through and now they will try to get as much money are they can...not that cash can assuage the grief. I don't understand why people constantly put the,selves and others in danger our of stupidity.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    i feel really bad for all the familys affected by these recent deaths in WDW, i meen, that has to be awful, losing a daughter on vacation, but i sure hope it doesnt affect any of the rides
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Does anyone know if the TOT will be open again tomorrow?
    I am keeping an eye and ear out for the latest on the girl, I hope she makes it thru this.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    My heart goes out to this family.

But to get on my soapbox for one second: I wished they would stop making Disney out to be the villian it just seams to me that they are trying their best( the media) to make Disney the blame for both of these very odd and unfourtune incidents. I just hope they realize that for some unforseen reason some people have medical problems and they just don't know they have them or they do know or they foolishly ride anyway. Okay off my box once again my prayers and thoughts are extended to that poor family of both these children.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

gator717 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Another update courtesy of the 11pm Orlando news. The girl is still in critical condition after undergoing brain surgery. She was airlifted from Celebration Hospital to Florida Hospital to continue recovery. Her mother is at her bedside. Disney is still investigating the accident and providing support for the family. A doctor interviewed by the news station (but not responsible for the care of the girl) says that a brain injury is probably more related to a pre-existing condition than an injury caused by the ride.
    The ride is expected to reopen tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by gator717; 07-13-2005 at 12:15 AM.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    They're giving "support" to her family...

Wonder what that "$upport" sould be???

I'm just kidding, of course. I will keep this family in my prayers. What makes this doubly ****y is that she's British, and it probably cost her family a lot to be able to make this trip across the pond.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    I wished they would stop making Disney out to be the villian it just seams to me that they are trying their best( the media) to make Disney the blame for both of these very odd and unfourtune .

What?!?!?!?! The media twisting news around? I don't believe it!!

sbs#3 is offline A-Ticket holder
    God Bless them! People need to think about their health first ! Then ride if they can. I will be there in 2 days and 8 hours.
    SBS#3

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I think they (the media) potray the same feelings as we do here:
    That's two now in the park..
    We need to know why they passed (I don't want to cut a codabar though)
    And it's a complete shame that it's happening in vacation destination spot.. #1.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessAlina
    What?!?!?!?! The media twisting news around? I don't believe it!!
    While my initial comment was sarcastic, I honestly haven't seen too much blame being placed on Disney for this accident. Everything seemed more fact-based to me. Then again, I've only read a handful of articles on the web.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I just hope none of the rides will loose their intensity!!! Seeing that 2 people in one month getting sick/dying on two of the more intense rides may make Disney think twice about their rides scare factors... which would truly be a tragedy!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast