Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 53
Like Tree5Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Cars Land coming to DHS in the News & Rumors forums; No! Only the first one. The second was the worst Pixar movie they've ever made. I can't think of another that even comes close....
  1. #16
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Cars Land coming to DHS

    No! Only the first one. The second was the worst Pixar movie they've ever made. I can't think of another that even comes close.

  2. #17
    doconeill's Avatar
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: Cars Land coming to DHS

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Around the World this morning.

    Bruce Vaughn talked about Cars Land at DCA for quite a while... But no indication of it coming to WDW
    Yeah, it was pretty certain that they were going to make the announcement sometime by the weekend...but nada.

    I think the DIS backpedaled a bit on it, emphasizing that it is still a rumor now.
    Doc

    Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news


  3. #18
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,232

    Re: Cars Land coming to DHS

    Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Yeah, it was pretty certain that they were going to make the announcement sometime by the weekend...but nada.

    I think the DIS backpedaled a bit on it, emphasizing that it is still a rumor now.
    Maybe Disney is keeping the announcement for D23. Disney takes forever and a day to build anything lately so D23 would work fine. I still hold out hope for this one, I am a dreamer.

    The announcement this week that Lion King will be open at least until fall of 2013 makes it appear Disney isn't shovel ready for Avatar. With the popularity of Lion King, with some anyhow, Disney could build LK a new facility between now and then unless Disney wants to dump the costly performers once and for all. That would not surprise me either. Thinking Adventurers Club.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  4. #19
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Cars Land coming to DHS

    Disney doesn't build any slower than anyone else. So can we finally drop that little piece of mythology?

  5. #20
    WDW4Ever's Avatar
    WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon
    Posts
    1,372

    Re: Cars Land coming to DHS

    Terrible idea
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

  6. #21
    epcot_fan90's Avatar
    epcot_fan90 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Melrose,Ma
    Posts
    9

    Re: Cars Land coming to DHS

    The backlot tour had two refurbs this year. Feb13-March10 and Oct8th-Nov16th. Why would the spend the money to refurb twice in one year if there just going to get rid off it to build carsland?

  7. #22
    DisneyFanNJ93's Avatar
    DisneyFanNJ93 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    74

    Re: Cars Land coming to DHS

    How about getting rid of the Indiana Jones Stunt Show for a Star Wars Land and getting rid of LMA for a cars land that way you get the best of both worlds although space may limit the ideas on the lands but I think the backlot can be re done into something better once these lands opened... Thoughts?
    Last edited by DisneyFanNJ93; 12-09-2012 at 11:02 PM.
    94 WL, 96 DL, 99 DL, 00 OKW, 01 DL, 01 GF 02 VWL, 03 DCL Western Magic & CS, 04 OKW, 06 Poly
    08 BWV, 09 BWV & DCL
    DVC Members since 00


    "Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!" - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad





  8. #23
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,232

    Re: Cars Land coming to DHS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Disney doesn't build any slower than anyone else. So can we finally drop that little piece of mythology?
    Drop it, I don't live in that delusional world. As soon as Disney can complete a project in a reasonable amount of time we can talk. I have not seen anything go vertical for Avatar? Disney only released a picture of
    Cameron looking over what appears to be a crude model of Avatar. And that Hyperion Wharf, boy that is going gangbusters. And FLE is irony at its best. That project is taking so long Disney had a Grand Opening and a ribbon cutting with a mega media event for a project that isn't going to be completed until 2014. Comical, there are construction walls up from the Haunted Mansion to Storybook. This is what you consider Mythology? Slow but sure, they are still building.

    I will agree that Disney can build a DVC in a timely fashion though. There is motivation for it.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

  9. #24
    DisneyFanNJ93's Avatar
    DisneyFanNJ93 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    74

    Re: Cars Land coming to DHS

    Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Drop it, I don't live in that delusional world. As soon as Disney can complete a project in a reasonable amount of time we can talk. I have not seen anything go vertical for Avatar? Disney only released a picture of
    Cameron looking over what appears to be a crude model of Avatar. And that Hyperion Wharf, boy that is going gangbusters. And FLE is irony at its best. That project is taking so long Disney had a Grand Opening and a ribbon cutting with a mega media event for a project that isn't going to be completed until 2014. Comical, there are construction walls up from the Haunted Mansion to Storybook. This is what you consider Mythology? Slow but sure, they are still building.

    I will agree that Disney can build a DVC in a timely fashion though. There is motivation for it.
    I agree with gabe personally an Avatar land is a joke and doesn't fit Disney's image, frankly Disney is getting further away from what Walt wanted it to be and don't get me started on MS Bakery and other things disney is butchering
    94 WL, 96 DL, 99 DL, 00 OKW, 01 DL, 01 GF 02 VWL, 03 DCL Western Magic & CS, 04 OKW, 06 Poly
    08 BWV, 09 BWV & DCL
    DVC Members since 00


    "Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!" - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad





  10. #25
    supernova's Avatar
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    6,356

    Re: Cars Land coming to DHS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Disney doesn't build any slower than anyone else. So can we finally drop that little piece of mythology?
    I don't know. Four years to build a new area seems a bit extensive. They built all of Disney World in only three, and that was swamp to amusement park above Utilidores.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.


  11. #26
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Cars Land coming to DHS

    The interesting thing is that there is this network of computers out there that you can look up information on called "the internet".

    Now, using this wonderful and fascinating system, here are some proven facts:

    Pooterville was announced on May 31st, 2007. It's official opening was on June 18th, 2010.

    The FLE was announced in September 2009. It officially opened December 5th, 2012.

    3 years each.

    And before we start carrying on about Mine Train, let's also get our facts straight about the coasters in Pooterville.

    THEY WERE REFURBED COASTERS THAT ALREADY EXISTED. Most of the area was!! Let's please stop acting like they built an entirely new area in their park.

    Both of these companies hire world class general contracting firms that have to work under the same standards and codes that any other general contractor has to in the state of Florida.

    So, can we please stop this nonsense about one place building faster than the other?
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 12-10-2012 at 01:06 PM.

  12. #27
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,352

    Re: Cars Land coming to DHS

    Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I don't know. Four years to build a new area seems a bit extensive. They built all of Disney World in only three, and that was swamp to amusement park above Utilidores.
    Building and safety codes have gotten exponentially stricter over the last 40 years. Mobile homes constructed and sold in Florida are now almost as strong as a wood frame house in any other state. Insurance companies don't like the huge payouts that follow the multitude of Tropical Storms and Hurricanes that visit the area each year.

    Same thing when it comes to residential homes. It can take up 8-10 months to build a single dwelling. Having lived there for 32 years, and having worked in the trades, I've seen the differences up close and personal. And I never worked in a county that didn't have the slightest problem posting a stop work order for even minor code violations.

  13. #28
    nicholas's Avatar
    nicholas is offline Lost in my house
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,377

    Re: Cars Land coming to DHS

    OMG This is what i've been hopeing for! I CAN'T WAIT!!

  14. #29
    supernova's Avatar
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NYC
    Posts
    6,356

    Re: Cars Land coming to DHS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Building and safety codes have gotten exponentially stricter over the last 40 years. Mobile homes constructed and sold in Florida are now almost as strong as a wood frame house in any other state. Insurance companies don't like the huge payouts that follow the multitude of Tropical Storms and Hurricanes that visit the area each year.

    Same thing when it comes to residential homes. It can take up 8-10 months to build a single dwelling. Having lived there for 32 years, and having worked in the trades, I've seen the differences up close and personal. And I never worked in a county that didn't have the slightest problem posting a stop work order for even minor code violations.
    Then they did a pretty good job of building an entire amusement park in just three years under lax safety codes. The Utilidores never collapsed into the water table. And speaking of water, that three year span also included dredging and building a manmade lake.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.


  15. #30
    HauntedGabe's Avatar
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hamlet, IL
    Posts
    27,232

    Re: Cars Land coming to DHS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    The interesting thing is that there is this network of computers out there that you can look up information on called "the internet".

    Now, using this wonderful and fascinating system, here are some proven facts:

    Pooterville was announced on May 31st, 2007. It's official opening was on June 18th, 2010.

    The FLE was announced in September 2009. It officially opened December 5th, 2012.

    3 years each.

    And before we start carrying on about Mine Train, let's also get our facts straight about the coasters in Pooterville.

    THEY WERE REFURBED COASTERS THAT ALREADY EXISTED. Most of the area was!! Let's please stop acting like they built an entirely new area in their park.

    Both of these companies hire world class general contracting firms that have to work under the same standards and codes that any other general contractor has to in the state of Florida.

    So, can we please stop this nonsense about one place building faster than the other?
    Disney reused enough themselves. Look at Circus, all re-purposed land. Very little of FLE was on new ground. The reused land from 20K, Ariels Grotto, Food areas, fountains, old Dumbo area and reworked old attractions for some of Circus including a roller coaster along with the tents. Potter opened complete in 2010. FLE grand opening if a fake Grand Opening, it isn't complete until 2014 so it is nonsense to claim that it is in the dates you provided above. Heck the FLE Restrooms could not even come online for the faux Grand Opening.

    Now with all these tighter requirements Disney is managing to build DVC's in a timely fashion, even with dealing with lake shore requirements and building around a monorail. Both Bay and Floridian breaking ground to finish in approximately 2 years. When Disney is motivated they can accomplish what they want.

    Now a year later, after Avatar is announced the media is presented with a distant picture of a model of Avatar.
    Note they didn't let the media look at the model. The speech about Avatar was also underwhelming.

    Notice he has that nervous stammer and keeps choking on his own words throughout the Avatar speech.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5yaMy7STJ4&feature=plcp

    Not only is the model not available at the media event, it is taken at a distance so nothing can be depicted.




    Wharf announced in 2010. Demolition of parts of Pleasure Island and then nothingness.
    And yet Universal started and completed their City Walk Rehab and is getting nice reviews.
    Visitor rating

    • Excellent

      158
      Very good

      110
      Average

      35
      Poor

      10
      Terrible

      12



    Trip Adviser

    Universal has committed 1.5 Billion dollars for their parks and a resort and is vertical on many new attractions.
    They filed for the permits long ago. I have not seen permits for Avatar or the old Pleasure Island area for new construction similar to Universal though it is in place for the latest DVC. The two parks systems seem to have different priorities this decade. It is obvious Harry Potter 2.0 and Transformers will open long before Avatar. More likely these new expansions of the Universal Parks will come online when FLE has a real Grand Opening when the land is really completed unlike the faux Grand Opening they just had.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 12-10-2012 at 09:17 PM.
    supernova likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

    They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

    Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cars land comeing to WDW?
    By nicholas in forum Walt Disney World (WDW) Rumors
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-14-2014, 07:16 PM
  2. Cars Land
    By RollerCoasterLv in forum Disneyland and Other Disney Parks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 02:14 AM
  3. Cars Land Opening?
    By Serkazong in forum Disneyland and Other Disney Parks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 07:26 AM
  4. Disneyland revs up for Cars Land
    By satijp in forum Disneyland and Other Disney Parks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 11:33 AM
  5. Cars .......
    By kylewhit89 in forum Disney Movies, Music, TV, Theater & Books
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2006, 01:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •