Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Cars Land coming to DHS in the News & Rumors forums; It appears the rumors were all true: Cars Land is coming to DHS! Lights, Motors, Action! and the Backlot Tour will be leveled to make room, and it will be ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Cars Land coming to DHS

It appears the rumors were all true:

Cars Land is coming to DHS!

Lights, Motors, Action! and the Backlot Tour will be leveled to make room, and it will be added to Pixar Place.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Cars Land coming to DHS

How exciting! That is the best post I've seen in a long while.

Razing that area a bonus.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Well now, very cool news!

Guess I better see those other two attractions this month before they're gone. Though, I've heard neither are that impressive.

Backlot not the same since it was sliced and diced, there wasn't a back lot studio to view anymore. It was the last thing I did in April, it was disappointing. Lights was fun show to see once, yet once was enough.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Along with 'Flights of Wonder', "Lights, Motors, Action" is another one of those things I have yet to see. Might try to check it out in January, if it's still around.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Backlot not the same since it was sliced and diced, there wasn't a back lot studio to view anymore. It was the last thing I did in April, it was disappointing. Lights was fun show to see once, yet once was enough.
    Right.

This jibes perfectly with everything I've ever heard about either.

Lights, Motors, Action is supposedly very good the first time, then goes downhill afterwards. Kinda like the old Test Track queue. It was kinda neat the first time. Then it became a noisy, and unwelcome, terrorist of the senses.

Backlot was once a great ride that, like Journey, was gutted to the point of embarrassing inconsequentiality.

But, I still feel the need to see each of them at least once before they're gone. I never spend much time at the Studios because it's my least favorite park, but may spend a little more time there later this month.

Just don't let the Backlot be the last thing you do on your vacation. Not the note to leave the World on. I did Backlot last by accident because a massive, huge rest of the day thunderstorm moved in.

Oh, no worries. We always end our trips off with either Wishes or Illuminations.

Our plan is to ride EE and scoot over to either park to catch the finale.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Flights of Wonder is a cute show - not necessarily something to see every time.

The Backlot Tour had a lot more interesting things - not only the actual facade buildings of famous houses that were lost to make room for LMA, but going through the back of the actual studio buildings had interesting things now, but all that space is used for storage for LMA (they need a LOT of tires, apparently...)

I don't know if it was an "every trip" thing, but it is certainly less than what it was.

I agree that LMA was interesting once or twice...but it's popularity waned rapidly, and if you've seen it once the surprise is lost...

I was kind of hoping/expecting a Star Wars land though - let the west coast keep Cars Land, and we get Star Wars land - keeps some uniqueness...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Jezmond14 is offline A-Ticket holder

This will no doubt be a brilliant addition to WDW! DS will be really happy about this.

The job they have done in DCA looks amazing and cannot wait to see it at DHS!
    JEZZA

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Really surprised Disney would make this move. Attendance on the east coast is fine, and with Carsland being a California-only area, you're giving visitors a reason to fly out west. Alice in Wonderland and that silly little Storybook Canal waste of space certainly aren't going to draw guests, nor is that generic ferris wheel carnival ride.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Around the World this morning.

Bruce Vaughn talked about Cars Land at DCA for quite a while... But no indication of it coming to WDW

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Well now, very cool news!

Guess I better see those other two attractions this month before they're gone. Though, I've heard neither are that impressive.
    I liked Backlot but I never saw the original so there's nothing for me to compare it too.

Not a huge Cars fan but additions to DHS are very welcome.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Ah, yeah I'm a big Cars fan. I'd rank it as one of my top three Pixar movies.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Ah, yeah I'm a big Cars fan. I'd rank it as one of my top three Pixar movies.
    Both films or just the first? I liked the first one but the second one didn't appeal to me at all. I'm not a huge Larry the Cable Guy fan and there was just too much Mater in #2.

Anything to make DHS more of an all day park and maybe something that might pull folks away from TSM is a great idea.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast