Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Dhs in the News & Rumors forums; Hearing that there is a strong rumor Disney will be announcing cars land coming to the east coast. Has anyone herd this?😰...
    Dvcfamily is offline A-Ticket holder

Dhs

Hearing that there is a strong rumor Disney will be announcing cars land coming to the east coast. Has anyone herd this?😰

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Re: Dhs

I've heard that
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts

The other thread on this topic has taken a turn in discussion, so I've decided to post here instead...
    While I think Hollywood Studios needs work, I'm not sure about Cars Land. First of all, the article that was linked to said that Disney would announce Cars Land at DHS within the week - that didn't happen. Despite that, there are three reasons why I personally don't want Cars Land
    1) Disneyland / California Adventure has once again become a destination. If Cars Land is moved to DHS, it would take away visits to those parks. With all the work done to those parks (especially California Adventure) recently, they deserve to shine on their own and attract more than the mostly local crowds.
    2) Back when the parks were first being built, lands were designed around themes / ideas. Adventureland, Fantasyland, Future World, etc. I don't like the idea of themeing a whole area around one franchise (especially a newer franchise... Star Wars is a little different...). With building lands around general ideas, rides, shops, etc. can easily be swapped out if they become stale. What if Cars isn't as popular years from now? One ride is ok, but a whole land? I'd rather it be a general Pixar land with multiple franchises represented.
    3) Finally, and this hasn't been brought up yet (at least not that I've seen), if Cars Land is brought to DHS in the place of Lights Motors Action, it would ruin the themeing of the park. That back area of the park is, in fact, the "back lot" of the "movie studio". Full sets and finished buildings give way to plain concrete streets, sets with unfinished backsides, etc. Cars Land in California is a completed, "hot set" and would belong more in the Sunset Blvd area of the park. Lets not further destroy the themeing / story line of this park (I'm looking at you, Sorcerors hat...)
    End rant
    If anyone has input, I'd love to hear it. Agree or disagree?
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

DHS doesnt need Radiator Springs Racers it needs Sugar Rush Racers
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i like that idea... a wreck it ralph type attraction based around the fix it felix game and sugar rush...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Not sure Wreck It Ralph has earned its legs yet.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

UBMICK35000 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Not sure Wreck It Ralph has earned its legs yet.
    I agree. Let's wait until there's a Wreck-it Ralph 2 (or at least some theatrical shorts) and it turns into the same kind of franchise as Toy Story or Cars.

How about this idea ? A Sugar Rush overlay for Lights, Motors, Action. You could call it Lights, Motors, Sugar Rush!
    [indent]Who says you have to grow up? - Walt Disney

07 / 1990 off property
    09 / 1992 off property
    06 / 1997 Wilderness Lodge
    07 / 2000 Port Orleans
    06 / 2002 Wilderness Lodge
    12 / 2003 Grand Floridian
    09 / 2005 Disneyland Hotel
    09 / 2006 Boardwalk
    06 / 2007 Contemporary
    06 / 2008 Riverside
    03 / 2009 Caribbean Beach
    10 / 2010 Yacht Club
    05 / 2011 Polynesian
    12 / 2011 Disneyland Hotel
    06 / 2012 Disney Magic
    05 / 2013 'Grand' Californian
    12 / 2013 'Grand' Floridian

2009 D23 Charter Member

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

IMO, anything regarding DHS right now is just a rumor. Cars Land included....that's a pretty easy rumor to come up with (The DIS, who broke it most recently, never followed up on it and walked it back somewhat). I don't think they'd want to copy something done exclusively at DCA to that extent. Yeah, they could somewhat copy the concept, but I don't think it'd be wise to copy it completely.

I'm really not in favor of Backlot or LMA being done away with. Like somebody has said, that's the "production" part of the park, or what's left of it.

IMO, Disney needs to worry about Future World before they worry about anything else...
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I tend to believe Cars has a plan to arrive in DHS, yet Disney has a history of walking away from plans i.e., the Wharf as a recent example. There are countless projects over the 50+ years in DL and WDW that were drawn and shovel ready and scrapped. Heck the other half of Pop Resort sat in limbo for years half constructed. Disney also was thrown under the bus during D23 for the announcement or actually non-announcement during the festivities.
    IF they are really going to do Cars and that is a mighty big IF, D23 would be a nice time to make a formal announcement. That was their intention with Fantasyland until the plans leaked in to FanWorld.

Duplicating Cars in DHS wouldn't be a new concept, actually since the MK opened. Many of the attractions with some tweaks were pretty much copies from DL. Later as attractions became true E's they were put into other Disney Parks, even shows like Fantasmic. The vast majority of guests do not hop around the country and world to visit a one of the kind attraction and for the few that actually do that, they are not Disney's focus as Disney already aware that they have those SuperFans.

The backlot doesn't really exist anymore. The homes are gone, the production is gone it is like ride through of ghost town. The pre-show is cute for those who have not experienced it yet it is very stale after 20 years. LMA falls into the category of stale. It isn't really an antique yet but most agree that once is enough or twice at best.
    That is a great deal of square footage for Meh attractions to exist if something like Cars can be funded and built.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.