Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon in the News & Rumors forums; Another casuality of MME, the tip board will be eventually eliminated....
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon

Another casuality of MME, the tip board will be eventually eliminated.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Can you believe I've never used it? I've passed the boards countless times but never stopped. The only one I've ever glanced at was the digital one in Epcot, and that's because I always go during early morning EMH and there is nothing else to look at as I'm walking between Soarin' and Test Track. There are only like six attractions open or something and no lines, so there is no reason to read it, just to glance in passing.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Yeah, we didn't use it much when our kids were small and we went like you, when crowds were for the most part non existent. We did start to pay attention when we visited at busy times, at the studios and MK it often would guide us to what section to hit first for lower wait times.

Disney is sure pushing to marry everyone to their smart phones in the parks, what a change since a few years ago.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

I have been reading the posts on here, dang you guys are smart! I could be judging way too soon, but I don't like the bracelet idea. Planning a fast pass? I don't even know what park I will be visiting until the night before. Next thing you know the band will shock you if you take too many tomatoes, or are not smiling on cue!
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prickle View Post
    I have been reading the posts on here, dang you guys are smart! I could be judging way too soon, but I don't like the bracelet idea. Planning a fast pass? I don't even know what park I will be visiting until the night before. Next thing you know the band will shock you if you take too many tomatoes, or are not smiling on cue!
    Good to see you again!

You will see many glowing with their past experiences with the bands from experiences early on. Now that they are grouping your choices at a couple of parks and starting to take away paper FP to halt double dipping with FP+, the reviews are not as favorable. When the paper FP options melt away and all that remains is the grouped choices and attractions like TT, Soarin and Toy are gone 60 days out, guests reviews will not likely be so kind, they are already becoming jaded.

Many FP+ queues this weekend extended way past their FP+ queue boundaries and spilling out to other attraction boarders. Or like Pirates that can accommodate the not needed new FP+ Standby is now so out of balance that standby guests spill out in front of the attraction. What made Pirates work was two load zones that effective moved the queue prior without the need of any sort of FP. So it works for FP+ and messed up the entire attraction for the vast majority of guests. Yay Iger.

Other than Disney/Iger saving face and justifying the 1.5 Billion spent so far this system was a solution to a problem that did not exist. MME and Disney Springs sold to the board with ease because of its promise to bring higher profits and pay for themselves. In reality guests wanted neither though Disney is claiming 'we asked for it', the one consistent thing guests ask for is better maintained attractions and new attractions added to the 4 parks. FLE is still not finished after all these years and Avatar isn't vertical and Cars and Star War expansions are still in the rumor stage, nothing has happened with the Imagination pavilion and nothing with WoL, WS is being turned into a meet and greet. So revenue is all Iger and his board are concerned with at WDW for the foreseeable future.

A better use for Magic Bands?

Animal Kingdom will on Wednesday December 18th take on the next phase of testing.

All guests, resort and off sight day guests will be able to book FP+. Off Sight guests will not be able to make advance FP+ reservations, they will need to use a FP+ kiosk after entering the parks. All guests will be limited to
    three FP+s. During this test all paper FP machines will be deactivated and will not be available for any guests.

Non resort guests will not be offered magic bands, they will be instructed to use their RFID enabled ticket media to use kiosks and touch sensors.

Kiosks will be located at:

Kali Rapids, Primeval, Everest, Disney Outfitters and the service center at Creature Comforts

Attractions that will be part of the FP+ test are:

Meet and Greet @ Adventurers Outpost, Everest, Dinosaur, Lion King, Nemo Musical, Kali Rapids, Kilimanjaro, Primeval, Tough to be a Bug.

Just got back. What the heck do I do with my band now? If I book another trip, I believe they'll send me another Incredibles box. So what to do with the old ones?
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Finally found a purpose for Stitch.

mickeyupdates

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Just got back. What the heck do I do with my band now? If I book another trip, I believe they'll send me another Incredibles box. So what to do with the old ones?
    They are reusable. I'm not sure the intent is to really keep sending new bands to everyone for every reservation - it's a HUGE waste. But I think there are things they need to figure out and it was less hassle to just do it by reservation right now.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

I figured as much. Just thought it was odd that I received two identical boxes for two hotels on the same trip, since they were technically two reservations. So apparently it isn't about cost right now. Plus, with how Disney overcharges for rooms and meals, those bands are paid for hundreds of times over.

I'm sure people won't necessarily be hanging on to their bands, though. As tons of families only go once every few years, retaining Magic Bands is extremely low on their priority list in life.

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Cute

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

We are excited to use the magic bands. Moving to the future. I am always worried I will loose the key to the World card! Everything on one will mean less for me to carry!

The omission Key to the World Cards testing is set to expand to all Walt Disney World Resort hotels by the end of January 2014.

The MagicBand will replace the Key to the World Card for all park admission, touch-to-pay, touch-to-enter, and FP+.

Key to the World cards can be requested, though not available for paper FP use. By the end of January all Walt Disney World Resort Guests will be using FP+, and will not have access to paper FPs..

The roll out of discontinuing the key to the world cards is as follows:

• Jan. 6 – Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
    • Jan. 7 – Disney’s Port Orleans Resort
    • Jan. 8 – Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
    • Jan. 9 – Disney’s Old Key West Resort and Disney’s Saratoga Spring Resort & Spa
    • Jan. 10 – Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
    • Jan. 13 – Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
    • Jan. 14 – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
    • Jan. 15 – Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
    • Jan. 16 – Disney’s Contemporary Resort
    • Jan. 17 – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Polynesian Resort
    • Jan. 20 – Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

lol. Being reported magic bands wouldn't open resort rooms this morning because it was too cold. Desk advising guests to warm door locks.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast