Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Like Tree21Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon in the News & Rumors forums; Apparently today was insightful in how Disney is currently handling over crowded FP+ queues. Space Mountains FP+ queue was got so backed up they closed the ride for stand by ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon

Apparently today was insightful in how Disney is currently handling over crowded FP+ queues.

Space Mountains FP+ queue was got so backed up they closed the ride for stand by riders? 40 minute FP+ wait time reported. Good to know.

And
    over at Studios today Disney did an entire show of Little Mermaid with all FP+. When complaints from stand by got so bad they cleared the area.

Natives are getting restless...........
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 02-28-2014 at 11:26 PM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Apparently today was insightful in how Disney is currently handling over crowded FP+ queues.

Space Mountains FP+ queue was got so backed up they closed the ride for stand by riders? 40 minute FP+ wait time reported. Good to know.

And
    over at Studios today Disney did an entire show of Little Mermaid with all FP+. When complaints from stand by got so bad they cleared the area.

Natives are getting restless...........
    Good to know, nothing changes with natives getting restless.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

SplashSCott is offline A-Ticket holder

My Magic Bands arrived for 3/15 trip to the World. I booked everything through the new app: 3 FastPass+ attractions per day; dinner at Be Our Guest, Dinner at Marrakesh; reminders for parades and Flower Festival events; set up my credit card to charge automatically via our bands; and checked into Caribbean Beach Resort so that all I have to do is check in at the resort kiosk with our bands. This is a great system, but you have to take it seriously and do it in advance. Took me 20 minutes total. I have even changed some FastPass+ times over the last few days. I really like how I can reserve dinner online. Can't wait!
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    1.5.4 for Android came out a couple days ago. Same "blah blah" about bug fixes and useability enhancements.

Funny it doesn't seem any different.
    Hey Doc-Can you shed some light on what the heck 'their' doing now with FP+ There is this weird survey that seems to almost be ahead of its possible launching of a test of FP+ allotments. It seems to lead to believe 'they' are going to let you use 3 in one park or 2FP in one park and 1FP+ in a different park you opt to hop to? Don't know if this latest experiement is actually happening, in the works or a warped survey.

Any thoughts, rumors or insight?

Notification being received after logging into existing MME Account, came as a notification.

Question 1.) Your ticket includes Park hopping. With 3 fast pass reservations, will you use 3 in one park or save a reservation for another park. It asks to click, Somewhat likely, most likely or not at all.

Question 2.) On an average day, will your party be visiting more than 2 parks.

Question 3.) Will you and your party be utilizing the FP+ Kiosks set up throughout the parks.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Hey Doc-Can you shed some light on what the heck 'their' doing now with FP+ There is this weird survey that seems to almost be ahead of its possible launching of a test of FP+ allotments. It seems to lead to believe 'they' are going to let you use 3 in one park or 2FP in one park and 1FP+ in a different park you opt to hop to? Don't know if this latest experiement is actually happening, in the works or a warped survey.

Any thoughts, rumors or insight?

Notification being received after logging into existing MME Account, came as a notification.

Question 1.) Your ticket includes Park hopping. With 3 fast pass reservations, will you use 3 in one park or save a reservation for another park. It asks to click, Somewhat likely, most likely or not at all.

Question 2.) On an average day, will your party be visiting more than 2 parks.

Question 3.) Will you and your party be utilizing the FP+ Kiosks set up throughout the parks.

I hadn't heard of a popup survey in MDX yet, but I have heard of several "in park" surveys on MB/FP+, and they included various park hopping scenarios. One rumor going around (with an unconfirmed report that TAs have been told this) is that you will be able to get complete new set of 3 at a different park, but only after you use all three at the first park. That just seems unlikely at this point though.

I have been told through a couple channels that they ARE trying to figure out park hopping with FP+, but they are still "learning about FP+" themselves and how people are using it. I think they need the dust to settle, as well as deal with some technical issues with park hopping (with the old system, the Fastpass computers were individual at each park and didn't need to talk to each other), AND logicaal issues (how they would handle tiered parks vs. park hopping -allow a top tier attraction at multiple parks?), before they throw this curveball into the system.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I hadn't heard of a popup survey in MDX yet, but I have heard of several "in park" surveys on MB/FP+, and they included various park hopping scenarios. One rumor going around (with an unconfirmed report that TAs have been told this) is that you will be able to get complete new set of 3 at a different park, but only after you use all three at the first park. That just seems unlikely at this point though.

I have been told through a couple channels that they ARE trying to figure out park hopping with FP+, but they are still "learning about FP+" themselves and how people are using it. I think they need the dust to settle, as well as deal with some technical issues with park hopping (with the old system, the Fastpass computers were individual at each park and didn't need to talk to each other), AND logicaal issues (how they would handle tiered parks vs. park hopping -allow a top tier attraction at multiple parks?), before they throw this curveball into the system.
    The oddness of this survey is the phrasing. It isn't would you in question #1, it is will you? Same for the rest, it is a survey worded very much for the upcoming trip. Makes you wonder once again if the right hand knows what the right hand is doing.

Thanks Sir

Offsite guests will be able to purchase Magic Bands next week. $12.95 + tax.

Color choices are yellow, gray, orange, pink, blue, red, green. The off-sight guests can book 30 days in advance FP+ but at this time cannot touch to pay though it is said that system will launch in the future as a pre-paid load but no date has been given.

• Saw this today and then it disappeared so don't treat it as Gospel until it reappears again.
    • Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels guests now can make Fast Pass+ selections up to 60 days in advance.
    • Guests are not issued Magic Bands, and guests of the S&D are not able to touch to pay at this time.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

• Saw this today and then it disappeared so don't treat it as Gospel until it reappears again.
    • Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels guests now can make Fast Pass+ selections up to 60 days in advance.
    • Guests are not issued Magic Bands, and guests of the S&D are not able to touch to pay at this time.
    Interesting...I wonder how they'll handle S&D guests given that the reservations systems are completely separate from WDW's.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112