Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon in the News & Rumors forums; Won't they run out even earlier because people will no longer have to physically stand in line?...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon

Won't they run out even earlier because people will no longer have to physically stand in line?

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Won't they run out even earlier because people will no longer have to physically stand in line?
    They don't have to stand in line now with the existing Fastpass. Unless you're talking about standing in line at the kiosks.

Essentially, FP+ should be replacing Fastpass, but the two will overlap for a bit. Exactly how they'll handle the balance remains to be seen, but in the end there should be just as many FP+ as there used to be FP.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Yes, I'm talking about standing in line at the kiosks. The kiosks can only spit out so many FP's every minute.

If you can simply get them electronically and remotely, large amounts can go very quickly.

Or am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Yes, I'm talking about standing in line at the kiosks. The kiosks can only spit out so many FP's every minute.

If you can simply get them electronically and remotely, large amounts can go very quickly.

Or am I missing something here?
    How fast the will run out will depend on how many people are willing to plan 60 days in advance and get up to get them at first opportunity. It also depends on whether Disney will release the entire pool of available FP+ slots at the 60 day mark, or gradually, and if any might be held over for same-day use.

It is difficult to predict how this will work out in that respect.

But the speed at which FP+ slots run out shouldn't affect line lengths since it will still be essentially the same number of people using FP+ as did FP, in theory.

I've been doing some thinking about it with the few spare cycles I've had lately, and I can see how FP+, with the restrictions as they are known now, might actually make the standby line shorter/faster, with the key being that you can't get more than one FP+ for a given attraction in a given day. But I'm not in a state that I can regurgitate that argument at the moment
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

This is the first magic band I've seen in the common folks hands.

Flickr: disneydude2000's Photostream
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

That's going to leave a magical tan line.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

those look uncomfortable to wear
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

They must have shipped them to the early testers.

I've been told by a couple people who have been able to at least try a sample on that they are actually comfortable.
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    Man, I couldn't agree more...

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    My DD and I were talking about them and wondered if there will be a childs version and an adult version. While adjustable, I remember how tiny and skinny my kids were at age 3, that is a lot of banding to wrap and fold over the very tiny. My DD's wrist at 21 years is still no wider than the circle from the tip of index finger to tip of thumb, there will be lots of extra bandage for the thin.

Edit: My DH just weighed in. He said it looked like the electronic monitoring bracelets for house arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    They must have shipped them to the early testers.
    This one in particular was given to an adult child of CM staff working with the magic band creation.

As of now, if nothing goes wrong between now and the end of month testing, the selected trial guests will be magic banded.

I've been told by a couple people who have been able to at least try a sample on that they are actually comfortable.
    I wonder. If worn snugly like a watch I think it could get annoying/sweaty and they are wider than they appeared in media photos. Loose looks fine as far as comfort. I tend not to wear bracelets unless I am dressing up more formally cause I tend to catch bracelets on things. I think it will take some time to see if there are any snags with them in places like waterparks, playground equipment, etc. Or possibly like the lifeguard whistle lanyards, maybe they are safety break-away?
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 06-14-2013 at 01:38 AM.

While we were looking at the band tonight in the photo the inside was interesting. Designed in USA, never saw that before and assembled in China, have seen that plenty. What is omitted is where the manufacturing of parts are. Normally products state if it is different countries, manufactured in USA and assembled in Mexico. Or if it is one country made in China. The wording is very interesting.

Anyone know what the material is? Silicone, Latex?
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 06-14-2013 at 01:04 AM.

All Apple Products say "Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China."

I would also have serious doubts that the bands will be made of Latex since so many people are allergic to it.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 06-14-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Does multi-quote still not work for anyone?!?

If you get a good look at the inside, you'll see that it looks almost like a band-within-a-band. There is the main part of the band, and an outer section which makes it longer/wider, separated by a seam. You can tear the outer section off to make it smaller overall for a child.

They are made of a silicone-type polymer, definitely not latex. I believe it is similar to what is used in the latest cooking utensils, which better be hypo-allergenic
    Doc

No!

If you get a good look at the inside, you'll see that it looks almost like a band-within-a-band. There is the main part of the band, and an outer section which makes it longer/wider, separated by a seam. You can tear the outer section off to make it smaller overall for a child.
    Yes,I can see in picture 2 & 3 the bumps on one side and 3 the holes, making it much like the same system as a little league baseball hat adjustable strip. The main unit part, the one with the Mickey does not appear to be as flexible as the portion that would be the side or underneath the wrist portion. In picture 2 you can see how far the tail comes up the side with adjusting it 5 bumps, that is what made me wonder about little kids, how much the tail would coil in the inside of the unit, comfort for the small, along with the top, Mickey portion, looking to be much wider than a small child's wrist.

They are made of a silicone-type polymer, definitely not latex. I believe it is similar to what is used in the latest cooking utensils, which better be hypo-allergenic
    I hope so too! Never know, didn't those poncho's have a glitch for a while with materials used? But I was thinking more along the lines of silicone being more slick and it tends not to stick to skin as much as other plastics. That is why most completion swimmers have gone to silicone swim caps, 'cause it doesn't grab, tug and rip hair out.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 06-14-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Yeah, a plastic-silicone hybrid makes perfect sense. Latex would have been a massive blunder due to how dangerous it can be to those allergic to it.

Either that, or they'd better be handing out free EpiPens at the front gates.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast