Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe Ugh. That is what I get for asking, I'd be sadder about Starring Rolls than Main Street Bakery, mainly because that is the best place to ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Ugh. That is what I get for asking, I'd be sadder about Starring Rolls than Main Street Bakery, mainly because that is the best place to pick up a QS sandwich.

I thought the original rumor of Sids made sense as it is a good chunk of space, Starring Rolls, not so big unless I am visualizing it incorrectly.

I've been hearing the rumor the last few days that the testing of the Band in August is going to be larger, more of a mini-roll out than a test along with CM testing happening again simultaneously. Lots of travel agents being asked to contact their clients to participate in the August test.
    Yep, LOTS of guests being contacted. Seems like it is just about anybody staying at CR, YC, AKL and POP during August seems to be able to go into their profiles and customize magicbands and get them shipped. At least I haven't heard of anyone who is staying at those resorts in August and ISN'T able to do it. Some are getting notified by email or receiving UPS packages mentioning it.

And of course, calling up yields all sorts of conflicting information on being eligible, etc.

I'm staying at two different resorts, and NEITHER are participating

But this looks a lot more like a rollout than a test...or a test that unless it goes horribly wrong will become a rollout...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Yep, LOTS of guests being contacted. Seems like it is just about anybody staying at CR, YC, AKL and POP during August seems to be able to go into their profiles and customize magicbands and get them shipped. At least I haven't heard of anyone who is staying at those resorts in August and ISN'T able to do it. Some are getting notified by email or receiving UPS packages mentioning it.

And of course, calling up yields all sorts of conflicting information on being eligible, etc.

I'm staying at two different resorts, and NEITHER are participating

But this looks a lot more like a rollout than a test...or a test that unless it goes horribly wrong will become a rollout...
    And yet I've had friends that were not invited that when they clicked that portion of my experience, the invite popped? Go figure. Some are finding it too late and are in the gray band category. Also some are being told the color bands will go to the resort not home, others being told home. Seems to be a lot of CMs are given different answers to pass on to guests. Lots of confusion. But it is getting there.

And lots of CMs testing during those weeks too.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

And yet I've had friends that were not invited that when they clicked that portion of my experience, the invite popped? Go figure. Some are finding it too late and are in the gray band category. Also some are being told the color bands will go to the resort not home, others being told home. Seems to be a lot of CMs are given different answers to pass on to guests. Lots of confusion. But it is getting there.

And lots of CMs testing during those weeks too.
    There was some CM testing going on this past week too...

Those that are finidng them being shipped to the resort so far that I've seen are those with international addresses. It appears even though you can "confirm" an international address, it will later send it to the resort. So far all the U.S. addresses are getting tracking info showing it going to their home addresses.

What appears to be in question is the matter of being "invited". It appears that almost anyone staying at the 4 resorts, within the checkin/checkout dates (of which I'm not certain, but it seems to cover most of August), if they go to the DMX web site, find they have the option to customize the band for their stay and select FP+ times but nothing about an invite. Others have received and email informing them. Calls to the IT support number is giving a lot of conflicting info (surprise!), but they in general say if you don't get the email (which is such a reliable mechanism...), you can't participate in the test, and even though you may get the bands, they won't work.

There have been some reports that guests receive notice at 17 days...why 17 I have no idea...

If everyone is able to customize but are not actually part of the test, it seems that they weren't able to program the ability to designate certain people as being part of the test and thus create custom magicbands, but only could do it on a resort basis - but that seems like pretty poor coding to me.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

There was some CM testing going on this past week too...

Those that are finidng them being shipped to the resort so far that I've seen are those with international addresses. It appears even though you can "confirm" an international address, it will later send it to the resort. So far all the U.S. addresses are getting tracking info showing it going to their home addresses.

What appears to be in question is the matter of being "invited". It appears that almost anyone staying at the 4 resorts, within the checkin/checkout dates (of which I'm not certain, but it seems to cover most of August), if they go to the DMX web site, find they have the option to customize the band for their stay and select FP+ times but nothing about an invite. Others have received and email informing them. Calls to the IT support number is giving a lot of conflicting info (surprise!), but they in general say if you don't get the email (which is such a reliable mechanism...), you can't participate in the test, and even though you may get the bands, they won't work.

There have been some reports that guests receive notice at 17 days...why 17 I have no idea...

If everyone is able to customize but are not actually part of the test, it seems that they weren't able to program the ability to designate certain people as being part of the test and thus create custom magicbands, but only could do it on a resort basis - but that seems like pretty poor coding to me.
    Yep, I've tripped across a number of frustrated people with trips coming up unsure if they are going to participate or just getting bands. I've also found US guests that are a few weeks out saying their bands are shipping to the resort, close to the time line of almost getting tagged with the gray bands. I don't get why they are doing the gray band they could just assign colors if you don't choose them in time yourself. Go figure.

There doesn't seem to be any one department for guests to call with questions and depending on who you get in contact with at Disney, the answers seem to differ.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I don't get why they are doing the gray band they could just assign colors if you don't choose them in time yourself. Go figure.
    The resorts will only have a stock of the gray bands. If you get to the resort without having had custom ones done, you'll get a gray one, which they will scan and associate with your account at that time. No colors == no delays in trying to find the right colors, kids arguing over who gets what, etc.

Unfortunately, it means you have to keep track of them some other way - by buying one of our lovely CoverBands or Bandits...of course.

There doesn't seem to be any one department for guests to call with questions and depending on who you get in contact with at Disney, the answers seem to differ.
    That is a fine Disney tradition...
    Doc

The resorts will only have a stock of the gray bands. If you get to the resort without having had custom ones done, you'll get a gray one, which they will scan and associate with your account at that time. No colors == no delays in trying to find the right colors, kids arguing over who gets what, etc.

Unfortunately, it means you have to keep track of them some other way - by buying one of our lovely CoverBands or Bandits...of course.
    And that is the part I find silly. If Disney can stock refill mugs with all different color tops, they can't handle stocking 4-5 different color bands at the resorts, it doesn't take a high IQ to pick colors out of a box. Bet they will stock the band cover ups for the gray stigma bands, you did it wrong welcome to WDW, Now go pay $7 a piece to cover up the gray. Great marketing though, more profits.

That is a fine Disney tradition...

With the testing of FP+ continuing and expanding some of WDW attractions now have three lines.
    One for FP, one for FP+ and one for stand-by.

As example, at the Haunted Mansion Stand-by uses the extended queue and you can no longer opt out of the interactive queue. FastPass+ now is using the bypass queue and regular FP still uses the dedicated FP queue.

With the testing of FP+ continuing and expanding some of WDW attractions now have three lines.
    One for FP, one for FP+ and one for stand-by.

As example, at the Haunted Mansion Stand-by uses the extended queue and you can no longer opt out of the interactive queue. FastPass+ now is using the bypass queue and regular FP still uses the dedicated FP queue.
    But HM doesn't have a regular FP queue...
    Doc

But HM doesn't have a regular FP queue...
    Giggle. What shall we call line that queue line then?

FP+
    Stand-by

About to extinct queue?
    Reincarenated queue?
    It was so bad we had to do it again queue?

And on that note Doc have you been listening to the policy for an attraction being down at the time of your FP+ return timeframe. Policy varing depending on what time of the day it is? Notification pretty much necessitating you have a smart phone on during your park visits.

I wanted to post a synopsis of the policy however I can't wrap my brain around how to share the policy and I haven't found any breakdown that doesn't want me to pull an Archie Bunker and pretend to tie a noose around my neck as Edith goes on and on........

My best description is convoluted. They best stop stating this is what the guests have been asking for.

And on that note Doc have you been listening to the policy for an attraction being down at the time of your FP+ return timeframe. Policy varing depending on what time of the day it is? Notification pretty much necessitating you have a smart phone on during your park visits.

I wanted to post a synopsis of the policy however I can't wrap my brain around how to share the policy and I haven't found any breakdown that doesn't want me to pull an Archie Bunker and pretend to tie a noose around my neck as Edith goes on and on........

My best description is convoluted. They best stop stating this is what the guests have been asking for.
    Yeah, I heard about it yesterday, and it is pretty bizarre, but I think it is also incomplete - or at least it seems to be. But the jist of it is that they will send you an email and a notification via the app that the attraction is down. If earlier in the day, they'll present you with alternate options, and if later, they'll let you pick an extra one at a different park for the next day. No idea what divides earlier vs. later.

Uncertain if this is when it is down during or close to your window, or for anyone. Or if you can keep it and take your chances it will be back up. But they apparently will NOT allow you to return later, unless it is via the standby line only.

For some reason they seem to be ignoring the throngs of guests who do NOT want to be tied to their smartphones, and would never know until they get there. And then what options to they have?
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

He has a Gray band!

Turnstile conversion to 'Touch to Enter' should be complete by September 1st.

When using Touch for FP+ your name comes up on the CMs monitor. Some CMs at less busy times are thanking guests by Name as they successfully Touch to enter the FP queue.

Magical Welcome to the MK.

If you are using the Disney ME, put your magic bands on before you land. That should be stated with the bands if you are flying into MCO but at this point in time it isn't mentioned. The ME is now Touch to Enter and they know who has been shipped Magic Bands. The have guests digging through their bags when they reach the beginning of the ME check-in. It is holding up the lines as guest try and fit their Children's Magic Bands, especially if the insert needs to be removed.

When touch to enter at the queue, your itinerary pops up making it a quick check in if the Magic Band isn't in your carry on bag. Another glitch in the My Experience is if guests are resort hopping or going resort/cruise/resort.
    It red-flags as you touch to enter at ME check in as being dropped at Grand Floridian but no pick up at GF for return to MCO. While these are glitches that will be resolved and it is the TEST phase, so there is more work to be done with programming My Disney Experience.

Also you might not to want to take those Magic Bands off when you are departing the World back to MCO. The Disney Store at MCO has been fitted with Touch to Pay. It has not launched yet but coming real soon.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast