Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon in the News & Rumors forums; Hadn't heard about the glitches yet. Ugh...I don't know why they can't use a normal backup method. Just heard this one this morning...locals may soon be able to set up ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon

Hadn't heard about the glitches yet. Ugh...I don't know why they can't use a normal backup method.

Just heard this one this morning...locals may soon be able to set up an auto-replenishing debit account for their MagicBands. An AMEX card was specifically mentioned, so I don't know if it would be exclusive or not.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Hadn't heard about the glitches yet. Ugh...I don't know why they can't use a normal backup method.

Just heard this one this morning...locals may soon be able to set up an auto-replenishing debit account for their MagicBands. An AMEX card was specifically mentioned, so I don't know if it would be exclusive or not.
    Yeah, there have been some glitches with the My Experience, these bands at the airport being just one of them, coupled with the lack of communication about needing them on to board bus. Me<----why the heck they just don't let parents touch to enter child bands instead of halting guests until they can fit the bands to smaller kid?

I have mixed emotions about AmEx but it is the best system around like that. American Express makes their money by hoping for lots of debits to cover their costs. Much better than the system Chicago Transit is going to use though they finally whittled around down the fees. AmEx at least lets you transfer money from a bank account or your American Express Credit Card. But for those using a their refill card it has somewhere around a $5 service fee. Blahhh and these load cardsw normally cap of $500. That cap wouldn't be as much of an issue with locals I guess vs vacationers.

I used the load cards for a while for my nieces and nephews for years for gifts. They of course liked them however at $5 to activate each of them it was annoying. AmEx selling point is there isn't an activation fee or monthly charge yet the downside to setting up an account is not everyone takes American Express.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

AKL, Contemporary, Pop, PO Riverside, AoA, Yacht, Beach, and Poly are all testing MyMagic+, Fastpass+, etc.. through mid-October.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    AKL, Contemporary, Pop, PO Riverside, AoA, Yacht, Beach, and Poly are all testing MyMagic+, Fastpass+, etc.. through mid-October.
    I'm also hearing that AKL will include the villas this time.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

$50 on Ebay.

...and a value of $0...I'm sure Disney will not allow activation of someone else's MagicBand on a profile.
    Doc

cozz is offline A-Ticket holder

We are staying at the Pop Century from 9/4-9/12 and I by chance logged into my Disney account this morning and to our surprise we were asked to customize our Magicbands and we all did. We each got to select our colors and they told us they would be shipped to us so I am anticipating getting them before we leave in about 2 1/2 weeks from now so hopefully we will get them sometime this week or a couple of days before we leave. We will be actively planning our vacation online with this service and are really excited about testing it out. I will post later once or if we receive them before we depart.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Right now, it appears that guests at participating resorts can only reserve FP+ as far as 9/28. Either they haven't loaded the system with choices, or the test at this point is only planned until then.
    Doc

My DS is staying at the Boardwalk in Mid October when his GF folks come down. With how the system stands at the moment he isn't disappointed they won't be testing bands, it is their first trip to the world in 10 years and they are not really Disney people. Doesn't need any glitches in this vacation.

He did wonder if Touch to Pay would be part of Food and Wine kiosks. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    He did wonder if Touch to Pay would be part of Food and Wine kiosks. Anyone know?
    I would think they want them to - after all, part if the reason for this is to make it so easy to pay you don't think about it, and F&W would be the biggest gainer I think

Don't know if they have that many POS touchpoints on hand yet though...but they are pretty prevalent as it is.
    Doc

cozz is offline A-Ticket holder

Well like i mentioned before we were invited to participate in the My Magic/Magicband test on Sunday and we accepted and got to customize our bands and select our colors and today UPS brought us the bands along wiht a welcome letter from Disney. We are really looking forward to testing this out and have been online working on selecting our Fastpass+ for our upcoming trip in 2 weeks.

Name:  IMG_0052.JPG
Views: 138
Size:  164.9 KB

I'm going to estimate that the number of guests participating in MM+/FP+/MagicBand testing is less than 5%. I really haven't noticed many of the bands on people and I've been looking for them. I've seen the FP+ lines at some attractions be used for GAC card use, but not for MagicBands.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

jevx is offline A-Ticket holder

We are staying at BC from 9/28-10/6 and have been able to reserve Fastpass+ for only 9/28. If I try to reserve FastPass+ for the remaining days, I am told no FastPass+ experiences are not available. Also we were able to customize and order MagicBands, but we have not received any confirmation from Disney we will be testing.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm going on Dec 8 and won't be booking any FastPass+. I booked one breakfast and that'll be the extent of my planning.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by jevx View Post
    We are staying at BC from 9/28-10/6 and have been able to reserve Fastpass+ for only 9/28. If I try to reserve FastPass+ for the remaining days, I am told no FastPass+ experiences are not available. Also we were able to customize and order MagicBands, but we have not received any confirmation from Disney we will be testing.
    They do not appear to have loaded the system with any slots for any attractions at this point beyond 9/28.
    Doc

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast