Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by supernova I'm going on Dec 8 and won't be booking any FastPass+. I booked one breakfast and that'll be the extent of my planning. Awe. I miss ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I'm going on Dec 8 and won't be booking any FastPass+. I booked one breakfast and that'll be the extent of my planning.
    Awe. I miss those days. When my kids were young the only thing I booked in advance was either the Halloween or Christmas Party and sometimes I didn't book those in advance either.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by jevx View Post
    We are staying at BC from 9/28-10/6 and have been able to reserve Fastpass+ for only 9/28. If I try to reserve FastPass+ for the remaining days, I am told no FastPass+ experiences are not available. Also we were able to customize and order MagicBands, but we have not received any confirmation from Disney we will be testing.
    I'm sorry. From everything I've heard it does not surprise me though. Disney keeps saying the whole My Experience should roll by the beginning of fiscal 2014. That is the last quarter of 2013. I just have a hard time believing it unless they disregard they haven't got most of the buggers out of they system and are willing to let the front line CMs just take the heat for it. Most CMs are not well versed in the system, only their specific role for encountering the bands.

If guests are a month out or so and still can't book their FP+ the system is already failing for the next round of testing.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I'm sorry. From everything I've heard it does not surprise me though. Disney keeps saying the whole My Experience should roll by the beginning of fiscal 2014. That is the last quarter of 2013. I just have a hard time believing it unless they disregard they haven't got most of the buggers out of they system and are willing to let the front line CMs just take the heat for it. Most CMs are not well versed in the system, only their specific role for encountering the bands.

If guests are a month out or so and still can't book their FP+ the system is already failing for the next round of testing.

I've even been kidding with the College Program trainees just starting that "at least they haven inflicted MagicBands on you yet..."

Despite how big the current test supposedly is, I'm guessing it's less than 5% of the total guest population. Possible a lot less. Just not seeing that many bands on people, and even less using them at attractions - only seen that once, at Buzz, so far.

Yesterday asked the CM manning the line at Spaceship Earth, "How many are actually using it here?" He said, "None today so far..."
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

jevx is offline A-Ticket holder

Fastpass+ selections are now loaded past 10/28. I am now able to make selections for the remainder of my trip, through 10/6. This is turning our more stressful than I thought. The biggest issue I am having is with how to schedule attractions where the entire family does not want to ride, ie Space Mountain.

Blah! I hope it works for you more smoothly than the previous test. Vacations are supposed to be fun to plan and go on, not stressful.

I've seen many places that guests need a user friendly tutorial. Probably true but vacations should require homework.

$50 on Ebay.
    Well maybe I giggled too soon.

Disney World's MagicBands unlock the Disney Dragon and new Toy Boxon Disney Infinity game. Cheaper for a Gamer to buy a band on Ebay than book a trip to get a magic band.

Well maybe I giggled too soon.

Disney World's MagicBands unlock the Disney Dragon and new Toy Boxon Disney Infinity game. Cheaper for a Gamer to buy a band on Ebay than book a trip to get a magic band.
    Sigh...so I'm likely out of luck until at least February...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Have a hard ticket event ticket? Read this:

Don't do it!!!!

Reports abound today that guests at most any resort checking in within the next two months or so are able to make FP+ selections...no luck for me right now as the Dolphin doesn't count
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Reports abound today that guests at most any resort checking in within the next two months or so are able to make FP+ selections...no luck for me right now as the Dolphin doesn't count
    Is Boardwalk on it now, it wasn't? FP+ without magic bands or with?

Deep breath, FP+ has been going real well so far with the fraction of guests using it and they are still able to obtain regular FPs also so with double the FPs the feedback has been very good.

Now, with most guests being able to obtain FP+ and FPs, ya just wonder how many guests will be in those FP lanes, will it be like Peter and Test Track, with long waits for FP lanes?

Is Boardwalk on it now, it wasn't? FP+ without magic bands or with?
    Yes...BWI is in...not sure on date parameters but it looks like all resorts well be included.

Not sure yet on Magicbands but at least some seem able to customize that couldn't before

Yes...BWI is in...not sure on date parameters but it looks like all resorts well be included.

Not sure yet on Magicbands but at least some seem able to customize that couldn't before

Ahhhh Cr**! First not, now yes. Wish they would make up their minds and stick with it. So is it just FP+ or are they giving Boardwalk bands too?

This is a game changer with this scale of a roll out test during F&W. Wonder if they will still be doing FP & FP+

Ahhhh Cr**! First not, now yes. Wish they would make up their minds and stick with it. So is it just FP+ or are they giving Boardwalk bands too?

This is a game changer with this scale of a roll out test during F&W. Wonder if they will still be doing FP & FP+

Yup, this is a full scale rollout to resort guests. I can't call it a test any more.

Looks like they are staggering the earliest check-in dates a bit...a few one day, then a couple days later a few more, between now and the end of October. But ALL Disney resorts are accounted for now. And it looks like bands ARE included.

Mostly now is all the glitches in the system trying to get tickets sorted out, etc.
    Doc

Yup, this is a full scale rollout to resort guests. I can't call it a test any more.

Looks like they are staggering the earliest check-in dates a bit...a few one day, then a couple days later a few more, between now and the end of October. But ALL Disney resorts are accounted for now. And it looks like bands ARE included.

Mostly now is all the glitches in the system trying to get tickets sorted out, etc.
    Blahhhhh. Well I guess ordering Magic Bands it is going to be. Stupid F&W Kiosks better take the freak'n touch to pay.

Do you know with 'My Disney Experience' and credit linked to band, can you view online what your charges are to date when you sign into your account? And can there be multiple credit cards linked to each band?

Blaahhhhhhhhhhh! Can't wait to start hearing at the beginning of this roll out how the FP+ situation is going with so many guests using it. Hopefully by the 3rd weekend of October things will be smooth.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast