Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe Blahhhhh. Well I guess ordering Magic Bands it is going to be. Stupid F&W Kiosks better take the freak'n touch to pay. Do you know with ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Blahhhhh. Well I guess ordering Magic Bands it is going to be. Stupid F&W Kiosks better take the freak'n touch to pay.

Do you know with 'My Disney Experience' and credit linked to band, can you view online what your charges are to date when you sign into your account? And can there be multiple credit cards linked to each band?

Blaahhhhhhhhhhh! Can't wait to start hearing at the beginning of this roll out how the FP+ situation is going with so many guests using it. Hopefully by the 3rd weekend of October things will be smooth.

Right now this is only applying to resort guests, and I believe all charging goes back to the room. Although you can have a credit card in your profile, I don't think it applies to chargebacks yet. They've promised that for off-site guests though.

No idea on multiple cards - don't think so. Then you'd have to have some way to say which card it would go to...

I put up the list of resorts and dates of "activation": WDW Untangled Blog Archive Disney opens up MagicBands, Fastpass+ to all Disney resort guests over coming weeks
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Right now this is only applying to resort guests, and I believe all charging goes back to the room. Although you can have a credit card in your profile, I don't think it applies to chargebacks yet. They've promised that for off-site guests though.

No idea on multiple cards - don't think so. Then you'd have to have some way to say which card it would go to...

I put up the list of resorts and dates of "activation": WDW Untangled Blog Archive Disney opens up MagicBands, Fastpass+ to all Disney resort guests over coming weeks

Thanks Doc. Some quick educating and decisions made, like now since Boardwalk is in this loop for October.
    While I have a pretty good handle on the basics nobody else does. Even my DS, only has been educated a sliver.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Through the testing period set to end October 30th, some additions are being made to FP+ experience.

The Electrical Parade will have its own reserved area along with Dreams Come True. This will be in the Castle/Hub.
    Wishes will have a FP+ and those guests will be in the reserved area in The Rose Garden.

Just to add a little confusion it is being said that these reserved areas will not be made available on any day there is a Halloween Party.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

FP, FP+ and my disney experience magic bands seem to be going haywire today.

Appearances are that regular FPs have been adjusted and changing or adding to FP+ are to no avail at major E attractions. The standby queues are rediculous for a slow time at WDW. Epcot opened at 9 today and by 9:20 both Soar'n and Test track was out of paper FP's.

Disney app shows

TSMM 100 minutes
    Test Track 55 minutes
    Soarin 110 minutes
    BTMR 40 minutes
    Splash Mountain 50 minutes
    Space Mountain 70 minutes

Not typical for this week at Disney.

tiggerguy is online now WDWRadio.com Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    FP, FP+ and my disney experience magic bands seem to be going haywire today.

Appearances are that regular FPs have been adjusted and changing or adding to FP+ are to no avail at major E attractions. The standby queues are rediculous for a slow time at WDW. Epcot opened at 9 today and by 9:20 both Soar'n and Test track was out of paper FP's.

[COLOR=#141414[FONT=Trebuchet MSDisney app shows[/FONT][/COLOR]

TSMM 100 minutes
    Test Track 55 minutes
    Soarin 110 minutes
    BTMR 40 minutes
    Splash Mountain 50 minutes
    Space Mountain 70 minutes

Not typical for this week at Disney.
    Gabe, are you cut and pasting info into your posts? I am getting color and font codes (see the above where I edited out brackets to show). that could another reason why this was marked for moderation
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

I heard that yesterday regular FP for TSM was gone at 9:16am at DHS.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    Gabe, are you cut and pasting info into your posts? I am getting color and font codes (see the above where I edited out brackets to show). that could another reason why this was marked for moderation
    I've been sent to moderation for adding nothing, for pictures, links no consistent reason. This one I did copy pasted the Disney App times portion of the post. Is there another way of adding app times without copy pasting?

And this is new, the moderation thing, I've done all these things, problem new this week.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 10-16-2013 at 11:54 PM.

I heard that yesterday regular FP for TSM was gone at 9:16am at DHS.
    Can you imagine how ugly this is going to get when it isn't slow season?

Could the thread be tagged for moderation? My post didn't even show up after I posted it. Didn't know it actually got posted until this morning.
    Doc

Could the thread be tagged for moderation? My post didn't even show up after I posted it. Didn't know it actually got posted until this morning.
    Doc most of what I am posting on the sight is going to moderation, we are not alone. I didn't even bother to try and post while I was gone.

Lou and I can't figure out why all of a sudden posts are going to moderation
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

This past long weekend there were some interesting times with the magic rubber bands. MME would not allow anymore FP+ for Toy for more than a week out. Trying to change a FP+ time or attraction did not work, just a ding back that nothing was available for FP+. Explained away as a glitch but thinking not. The vast majority of guests had MBs and while not everyone had paper FPs before, everyone who signed up for FP+ had reservations for their length of stay. The biggies ran out of paper FPs quickly, about 15 minutes after rope drop. Standby queue for Toy was 2.5 hours for Toy, longer than the flight from Chicago to MCO. DS's GF had problems with Magic Rubber Band the whole trip. It spun every-time she entered the park, never would go green to enter. It required her to wave her arm in the air to indicate she needed a CM with an iPad to verify that indeed she had an active rubber band and had multiday park hopper. Another member of the group had her FP+ disappear from the group reservations. It indicated that she had used her allotment of FP+ for the day even though the rope drop was only 15 minutes ago and only in the park for 10 minutes.

Some of the FP queues were beyond long waits, Soar'n, TT and Toy. Toy wrapped around to One Mans Dream and TT out the door. Rock'n & Twilight had paper FP available for evening while FP+ didn't have any. Some guests with non park hoppers were having difficulty re-entering the same park on the same day. Too many for guests trying to beat the system at the same time so something was up. They were being told they needed to buy a hopper to enter. Anger. Likely another glitch in the system this weekend.

All and all the rubber bands worked well but were not used for purchases. Door locks, FP+ entry and all but one of the group had no problems entering the park, which held the balance of the group up.

some reasons may be:

numbers in screen name, BB codes ( font name, size etc)
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

There are reports that starting Oct. 27th, they may no longer give out KTTW cards as a "backup" device to those with MagicBands. This means no regular Fastpass usage either, unless you are an AP holder and use your AP, and depending if they do this resort wide, they may also stop "old" KTTW card use as well.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

...and I see another thread was started for that now...
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast