Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by tiggerguy some reasons may be: numbers in screen name, BB codes ( font name, size etc) I have no idea how to alter all that just to ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    some reasons may be:

numbers in screen name, BB codes ( font name, size etc)
    I have no idea how to alter all that just to post.

Every single post I made this evening has gone to moderation.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    ...and I see another thread was started for that now...
    lol. I think there will be a lot of this now, the thread must have been still in moderation waiting approval.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Reports abound today that guests at most any resort checking in within the next two months or so are able to make FP+ selections...no luck for me right now as the Dolphin doesn't count
    Looks like your wish has been granted Doc! I'm not sure if that is congrat's or condolences.

And now I just read the full S&D press release. Boy, Disney is sticking it too S&D guests. A half a notch above day guests. Disappointing.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Looks like your wish has been granted Doc! I'm not sure if that is congrat's or condolences.
    They are sort of half-included. Can't do it in advance, so it's just the leftovers. And no MagicBands.

Even scarier...reports that at least at Epcot they've tiered the choices again. You can only choose ONE Fastpass+ out of Soarin', Test Track, Maelstrom, Character Spot, and Illuminations (select dates). Then two from the remaining attractions.

I'm not even sure we'd bother. At least I'll have my AP and it will still get regular Fastpasses...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

They are sort of half-included. Can't do it in advance, so it's just the leftovers. And no MagicBands.

Even scarier...reports that at least at Epcot they've tiered the choices again. You can only choose ONE Fastpass+ out of Soarin', Test Track, Maelstrom, Character Spot, and Illuminations (select dates). Then two from the remaining attractions.

I'm not even sure we'd bother. At least I'll have my AP and it will still get regular Fastpasses...
    Depends on when you are going. 11/17 - 11/21 Boardwalk. Toy was gone way out of trip. No FP changes allowed for the big E attractions. paper FP were gone within 15 minutes of park opening for E attractions minus Rock'n and Tower. They haven't found their balance. It appears till they find the balance they might go to 2 FP+ during the three holidays, rumor, considering.

From what my DS is saying they are finding the reservations are being made for 3 and on average only 2 of the 3 are being utilized wasting 1/3 of the available. But still the stand-bys are overloaded. They just can't seem to find the balance.

S&D owners and guests should be annoyed. Rightfully.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Received an email last week and a mailing this week inviting me to be part of their 'test' for December.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Are you going for it?

I have no idea how to alter all that just to post.

Every single post I made this evening has gone to moderation.
    Happened to me recently, too. I tried posting a link and was sent to the moderator. Then I tried posting a photo and, well, you know what happened there. So much for trying to share information, I suppose.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Are you going for it?
    Ordered the bands because they were free. My brother in law is coming up from Jamaica to see WDW for the first time (at 50-something) so I want to be sure that we get the best attractions in for him. What is annoying me is that you cannot book FP+ for multiple parks yet. Although I do understand why. Same reason they had to change the way they handled dining reservations. For all of the crazy people on this site who brag about making charts and graphs and such for their trips, why would you book multiple reservations at parks you have no intention of visiting? For me, we're only going to be at the parks for 2 days of our 9 day trip. So we need to do two parks per day. Can't book FP+ for both parks. Idiots.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Ordered the bands because they were free. My brother in law is coming up from Jamaica to see WDW for the first time (at 50-something) so I want to be sure that we get the best attractions in for him. What is annoying me is that you cannot book FP+ for multiple parks yet. Although I do understand why. Same reason they had to change the way they handled dining reservations. For all of the crazy people on this site who brag about making charts and graphs and such for their trips, why would you book multiple reservations at parks you have no intention of visiting? For me, we're only going to be at the parks for 2 days of our 9 day trip. So we need to do two parks per day. Can't book FP+ for both parks. Idiots.
    Maybe by the time you get there you will be able to? These Magic Rubber Bands are ever changing. Initially with having to choose between predetermined blocks of attractions, one being a basic throw away. There has been some talk of limiting it to two FPs during extreme busy times or limiting to one major E attraction. Considering this was originally pushed as 'what the guest was asking for' the ability to plan every single moment, it isn't working out that way. It will be interesting to see if the KTTW cards are gone-gone by the time the major holiday weeks are here. For some it working well, for others a major pain in the tooshie.

Like I said before my DS girlfriends rubber band never got her in the park. If Disney thinks logically, staying 5 nights at the Boardwalk Inn is very pricey. Not being able to get bands to work or fix when they don't is not acceptable. The standard comment of we are only in the testing phase and you signed up for it isn't really flying well anymore and Disney is going to have to knock it off. It is irritating and condescending.

Are you going to Sea World and Universal Parks?

What's even crazier is that I have two reservations set up, one for Villas at Wilderness Lodge, and then I always change to Saratoga Springs because I love the walk over to Downtown Disney. Disney is treating my two stays as TWO vacations, and has sent me two mailers, two emails, and has set up two bands each for our stay there. Six bands for three people? It's not like I'm leaving and coming back in two months. Odd. Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    What's even crazier is that I have two reservations set up, one for Villas at Wilderness Lodge, and then I always change to Saratoga Springs because I love the walk over to Downtown Disney. Disney is treating my two stays as TWO vacations, and has sent me two mailers, two emails, and has set up two bands each for our stay there. Six bands for three people? It's not like I'm leaving and coming back in two months. Odd. Very odd.
    That is actually better right now. There seems to be a higher percentage of bands going to the dark side with resort jumping, this maybe their way of solving the problem until they fix the bugs.

You might want to check into it but I believe they have shut down the walkways between Saratoga and DTD and that would be for the entire duration of the conversion of DTD to Disney Springs.

Well yet another twist. When the 60 day window opened for FP+ you could get your choice of 3 FP+ at Epcot.
    Currently their is a limit to 1 FP+ for a major attraction. Too many were requesting Soar'n, TT and Maelstrom. Not that Maelstrom is really an E attraction but the only semi thrill ride on the other side. Basically Disney has realized that Epcot has little to offer FP+ for and they have more on sight guests than available FP+ time slots so they are only going to allow one for at least the holidays. So the other 2 FP+ reservations can be used at Imagination, Living with Land, Character Spot, Mission Space.....you just can't have Soarin, TT and Maelstrom for the time being.

So far the guests that eek'd their 3 FP+ reservations have not had them wiped out. It does wipe out though if you try to change anthing about those 3 FP+ reservations. So if you've reserved them hang on to them.

So much for this being better than paper FP.

That is actually better right now. There seems to be a higher percentage of bands going to the dark side with resort jumping, this maybe their way of solving the problem until they fix the bugs.

You might want to check into it but I believe they have shut down the walkways between Saratoga and DTD and that would be for the entire duration of the conversion of DTD to Disney Springs.
    Thanks for the heads up. But the way I go, it shouldn't be closed. I basically stay at the Grand Stand, and walk the entire length of Saratoga Springs, along the canal, over the roadway, and in through the entrance near the Christmas shop. I can see the back walkway to the West Side being closed, though, which stinks because I wanted to try that out for the first time on this trip. My wife wanted to see La Nouba, so I told her we could walk it. Seems silly to drive over to DTD from Saratoga.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast