Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe That is actually better right now. There seems to be a higher percentage of bands going to the dark side with resort jumping, this maybe their ...
    doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: MyMagic+, FastPass+, and MagicBands coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    That is actually better right now. There seems to be a higher percentage of bands going to the dark side with resort jumping, this maybe their way of solving the problem until they fix the bugs.

You might want to check into it but I believe they have shut down the walkways between Saratoga and DTD and that would be for the entire duration of the conversion of DTD to Disney Springs.
    Actually, all along they've been issuing a magicband for each resort stay when doing split stays...I don't understand why, other than they don't seem to be able to handle re-using a magicband in the system currently. An amazing waste.

As for the SSR to DTD walk (I still can't multi-quote)...it IS the walkway that was out by the Marketplace that has been closed, and as far as I know still is. And there is no sidewalk on Buena Vista Drive there.

The Westside walkway remains open I believe.

(And hey...I posted without it going to moderation!)
    supernova likes this.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Thanks. That's very weird, since one of the main roadways goes right through that area. The walkway itself runs along the bank of the waterway, then goes over a bridge on the side of the road. Unless they only blocked off that one little entrance, which would also be strange because that's close to the bus stop. Guess I'll have to check it out in person about a month from now.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Ugh. Moderator approval. Whatever.

As for the multi-quotes, once they changed over the website, it hasn't worked. I've been doing it myself, but with all the cut and paste, it really is a pain in the butt.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Actually, all along they've been issuing a magicband for each resort stay when doing split stays...I don't understand why, other than they don't seem to be able to handle re-using a magicband in the system currently. An amazing waste.

As for the SSR to DTD walk (I still can't multi-quote)...it IS the walkway that was out by the Marketplace that has been closed, and as far as I know still is. And there is no sidewalk on Buena Vista Drive there.

The Westside walkway remains open I believe.

(And hey...I posted without it going to moderation!)
    You are right. It was said back in July that that the one to DTD will be replaced after they finish Disney Springs in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Thanks. That's very weird, since one of the main roadways goes right through that area. The walkway itself runs along the bank of the waterway, then goes over a bridge on the side of the road. Unless they only blocked off that one little entrance, which would also be strange because that's close to the bus stop. Guess I'll have to check it out in person about a month from now.
    They are expanding by putting buildings along the lake and the walkway was in the way of the expansion. Said they can't have guests walking through construction areas. lol. What is it I've been doing in Fantasyland for years and year?

Know you have a distain for buses but another option other than the West Side sidewalk is the boat from Saratoga to DTD.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

It has something to do with the "Disney Springs" construction, although I have no idea why it is involved in it as it is about as far as way as it could be. They are supposed to be building an all-new bridge that is further away from the road, but still where it is relatively narrow. Not supposed to open until next year.
    Last edited by doconeill; 11-06-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Back in August the porch area of Sid Cahuengas became a Magic+ kiosk area.

Today Sid's store closed and will become a complete service center area for My Magic.

Says something if you need a service center.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Fastpass+ Restrictions for DHS

You can pick one FP+ from Group 1 and pick 2 from Group two.

Group One: Pick One

-Toy Story Mania
    -Fantasmic
    -Rock'n Roller coaster
    -Beauty and the Beast

Group Two: Pick Two

-Great Movie Ride
    -Tower of Terror
    -Star Tours
    -Indiana Jones
    -Lights, Motor, Action
    -Muppet Vision 3D
    -Disney Junior Live on Stage

Epcot's Restrictions on Fastpass+

Group One - One Pick

-Soar'n
    -Test Track
    -Illuminations
    -Maelstrom
    -Character Spot

Group Two - Two Picks

-Captain EO
    -Journey into Imagination
    -Living With the Land
    -Mission: Space
    -SpaceShip Earth
    -Seas with Nemo & Friends
    -Turtle Talk with Crush

In the AP's Mickey Monitor that came out today, it states that in 2014 passholders will receive a Magic Band and will be able to book FP+ 60 days out.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Back in August the porch area of Sid Cahuengas became a Magic+ kiosk area.

Today Sid's store closed and will become a complete service center area for My Magic.

Says something if you need a service center.
    Nooooooooooooooo. As an autograph collector, I LOVED Sid's. Maybe the license agreement expired? Or are moving the location? That old bungalow was cool and I loved browsing their merchandise, even though most of the original stuff had sold through and was gone. Lately, they have more overpriced autographed pieces than movie stills and posters.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Nooooooooooooooo. As an autograph collector, I LOVED Sid's. Maybe the license agreement expired? Or are moving the location? That old bungalow was cool and I loved browsing their merchandise, even though most of the original stuff had sold through and was gone. Lately, they have more overpriced autographed pieces than movie stills and posters.

This is extremely disappointing... I will miss Sid's greatly... even though I could never afford to buy anything in the store... just the ambiance and the items were awesome...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    This is extremely disappointing... I will miss Sid's greatly... even though I could never afford to buy anything in the store... just the ambiance and the items were awesome...
    Great seeing you again, Joe.

I've purchased a lot of the movie stills when they carried them, plus a few posters. I also purchased one autograph when they were clearing it out. I have a few that they sell, so it's nice to see some already in my collection. The one piece that I love was an old paper mobile for Robin Hood that I picked up there over two decades ago. Still have it somewhere.
    Last edited by supernova; 11-18-2013 at 05:30 AM.

Eeek. Sorry. I loved the bungalow too, way to nice to be a pit stop for issues with your Magic Band. Sids the last time I was in it had about half the stuff they use to and it was consolidated to one side. I really thought that was where they'd stick the Starbucks, it had a good location and the Starbucks in DL parks have areas to sit down unlike WDW, so I thought Sids was it. Ooops.

I did read somewhere, where they will put some similar items elsewhere. My brain just isn't recalling. I'll keep my eye out for it again.

OK, new I had seen it. At the conclusion of the Backlot Tour is the American Film Institute stuff. Sid's stuff is going to go in there for now.

That in itself says something about the stall in imagineering developing the Backlot area into a new area for a while.

Hmpf. This didn't come here. My Disney Experience Flash Drive.

attractions

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast