Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Finger scanning now at WDW in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by DisneyonaDime Thanks to the new finger scanning requirements that come with the Adult Magic Your Way tickets, I had to scrap a whole chapter out of the ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyonaDime
    Thanks to the new finger scanning requirements that come with the Adult Magic Your Way tickets, I had to scrap a whole chapter out of the book. It used to be pretty easy to cut your ticket price in half by buying more days than you needed and then selling the unused days on eBay. You can still do that with a Child's Pass though.
    I just read (can't remember where) that there are still huge numbers of old style tickets that are in the hands of ticket resellers, and that it will be years before the supply is used up. I still have 1 day left on a park hopper that is 5-6 years old.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    If you are or ever have been in the military, bases across America, especially smaller bases away from major cities are still selling the old tickets in their ITT and MWR offices.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    they were giong to scan forheads, until botox.

Then they would REALLY be scared of getting the mark of the Beast!

peterpan1106 is offline A-Ticket holder
    It's not that I really care about them scanning my bones -- it truly slowed the lines way down and two times out of four on mine -- it didn't work and had to be overridden. My daughters worked, as did my brothers.
    Back to Disney for Super Soap Weekend!

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    why do you have to be against everything i support?
    It's in my contract . I have been assigned as the GrumpyDude Sniper. And you thought you were hunting me this whole time.

I actually agree with you from a business perspective. Disney had to get a hold of the secondary market that they were feeding. It just stunk to have to re-write the ticket chapters when MYW came out. Good for Disney, more options for guests, and more work for me.

Viva El Cheapo
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofgreen
    Wow! You've got an awsome site, I'll have to pick up that book.
    Thanks! I'll let you know when it is available.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    I just read (can't remember where) that there are still huge numbers of old style tickets that are in the hands of ticket resellers, and that it will be years before the supply is used up. I still have 1 day left on a park hopper that is 5-6 years old.
    Yes, they will be out there for years to come. We decided to take it out of the book just because it wouldn't be a simple process that could have a shelf life of two years. I guess it wouldn't hurt to put the old chapter on my site for those that still have access to the old tickets.

As a side note to what was discussed earlier- I have had several friends that recently returned to Disney World with old tickets. One guy had two tickets from 1973 left over from his honeymoon and another girl had 4 tickets from 1985. They swapped them out flawlessly for full passes. It's a great deal.
    Chris
    www.DisneyonaDime.com

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    >> You can still do that with a Child's Pass though

Though that's technically illegal....

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    So my mom calls me at work today to read an editorial that Bob Barr had in the paper today about this very subject. He says....Mickey can't go to Disney anymore....his fingers won't fit into the scanners. He also says something about people using technology just because they can....

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Disney has been using the finger thing for many years, as well as other major parks worldwide.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    For some odd reason, I actually had trouble with the finger scanning. I know it seems easy enough, but you don't know me...it is a technical thing, and I managed to mess it up.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    they were giong to scan forheads, until botox.
    Good one. I needed a Tampa joke today. Keep em coming!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    So my mom calls me at work today to read an editorial that Bob Barr had in the paper today about this very subject. He says....Mickey can't go to Disney anymore....his fingers won't fit into the scanners. He also says something about people using technology just because they can....
    What else is Disney World but a place that uses technology just because it can? What else has it ever been?

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    Does anyone think that this finger scanning thing is a bit unsanitary? Think of all the sweaty fingers going in there.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast