Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Finger scanning now at WDW in the News & Rumors forums; While I think it's a pain in the you-know-what, due to the fact that half the time it doesn't work, I do understand the reasoning behind it. Not only the ...
    JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    While I think it's a pain in the you-know-what, due to the fact that half the time it doesn't work, I do understand the reasoning behind it. Not only the issue of re-selling tickets, which is a huge issue by itself, but also as an attempt to make the lines move faster. Now maybe they accomplished that goal and maybe they didn't (refer to earlier remarks on it not working half the time), but I understand the appeal. In an ideal world, everybody's ticket and fingers would scan perfectly on the first try. If that happened, Disney could significantly cut the number of CMs required at the gate, since they would then be needed only to deal with the dishonest people trying to use someone else's ticket. Time would not be spent checking pictures on APs, or photo IDs, or handstamps, or any of the other time wasters that used to be necessary. Everyone would flow quickly and easily, without really needing to stop, through the gates -- kind of like how a toll pass for your car *should* work.

Great idea, great way to clear the lines and save themselves some money on CMs in the bargain...as well as stemming the flow of re-sold tickets. Unfortunately, the technology has not lived up to the hype. Tickets get bent, demagnetized, or otherwise rendered impossible to scan, people break fingers or otherwise have trouble replicating their original finger scan, and the whole thing can easily form a huge clog at the gates. But in theory, I do understand the numerous reasons behind the new system.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Next they will be scanning our eyes and using voice recongnition!!!

Well as long as it quickens the process of getting me through the gates then I say go for it!!!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    Next they will be scanning our eyes and using voice recongnition!!!
    They pretty much already do. Many of the new counting systems use cameras to count people, no more sensors.

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yea for biometrics.. honestly i wish credit card companies would switch to a similar system, I hate carrying around cards in my wallet.. imagine your Drivers license via thumb print? Coolness.

The Mark of the Beast? I'd worry more about the mark of the Belle! LOL.

As far as I'm concerned, they can put lo-jack in my butt and the government can track me any where I go.. I have nothing to hide. And it would help with missing children cases..

There I go again, on another tangent.

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Couldn't they put the lo-jack somewhere else?
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by shadesofgreen
    Couldn't they put the lo-jack somewhere else?
    Actuallly science has proved that the butt is a natural conductor for radio waves... so the butt it is.

(Or was that a natural conductor of gasses? hmmm I could be wrong on that one.)

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    mark my words.. the fad will go from "lo-jacks" (in your butt ) for "finding" someone and finger scanning at the happiest place on Earth.. to cellphones with a push of your ear, to complete online access with the speed of thought. Sounds funny doesn't it? Kinda like how a microwaved (or airplane) sounded way back when. And it's also funny that the mark of the beast is mentioned here, because that's exactly what the mark of the beast will be, not some scribbles done with a permanent marker. But a switch. A red switch that you can't exactly flip, but someone else can... mark my words..

ok back to 's and 's

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Wow, deep. . . . and I don't mean the Lo-jack!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

robo85045 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    tecnology for the sake of tecnology?! Lead me to it!!! I love that!!!

Anyway... so this post actualy has a point...

I dont see the problem with this, dont know why people are so paniky about security and scanning the location of your bones.

According to the polls on that site, 57% of the voters partake in ticket resale or some sort of highly iligal activity and have a problem with someone measureing the lengh and with of their finger.

what exactly does it measure anyway? I crack my knuckles so often they must shift around every week
    The hardest task of all is believing in yourself, for who knows all your faults and shortcomings better?

Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow
    Horns of a steer, what a loveable fellow
    From head to tail, a royal purple pigmant
    and then, WaLaa! you've got a Figmant!

Aspiring to be Cast Member for WDW. See any non-Disney behaviour from me? Point it out!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123