Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Has OSHA Shut down attraction or just a bad day on West Coast? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Mo Noyz The fire extinguisher inspection. They have either been done, or Disney has been paying a daily fines for six years. And there isn't a state ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Has OSHA Shut down attraction or just a bad day on West Coast?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    The fire extinguisher inspection. They have either been done, or Disney has been paying a daily fines for six years. And there isn't a state fire inspector around that would allow that to happen.
    I'm had a difficult time reading the Osha reports and wanting to believe Disney would allow workers to continue to work in an environment after 2 injuries happened to their CMs, one in October and one in November, we're to April. So I never say never, but I do appreciate that you are reserving judgement as you said if the reports Saturday were even legit. I'm tending to believe what I've read is legit, but hey that is just my opinion.

After reading what Disney got sighted for with the Monorail and then for Primeval, twice, it is disappointing.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

But that's the thing. You cannot go 6+ years without fire extinguisher inspections. End of story.

I'm willing to buy much of what is being reported, but that part simply doesn't work.

State inspectors carry badges and have full authority to lock doors.

So that part of story raises serious eyebrows.

But that's the thing. You cannot go 6+ years without fire extinguisher inspections. End of story.

I'm willing to buy much of what is being reported, but that part simply doesn't work.

State inspectors carry badges and have full authority to lock doors.

So that part of story raises serious eyebrows.
    Yep and inspectors long before the monorail crash sighted Disney and they didn't lock it, so you hold far more faith in government employees than I do, I see mighty power of Disney attorney's that keep things open. Heck a CM died and look how quickly the Government let Disney reopen the monorail despite what they found. If I ever got into trouble boy I'd like to have Disney's powerful attorneys.

My eyebrows rose to learn that it is April and Disney is just now getting around to fixing this stuff, I would have thought it would have been sooner to keep CMs safe, by what is available at first blush is adjustments are at the 11th hour of the timeframe. Guess that isn't what I expect from Disney. But we will see how legit this all is in the end.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Well, I think I'm going to continue the story.

On Friday Disney received notice of Citation and notification of penalty.

Scroll down to page 8 of 16 and what does it say????

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/citations..._315531715.pdf

Instance 1

Portable fire extinguisher located on the exterior dome of Space Mountain building with last annual maintenance check of November 2006

Instance 2

Portable fire extinguisher located on exterior dome of Space Mountain building without
    having a current annual maintenance check or inspection tag indicating it had been
    annually checked.

The fire extinguisher inspection. They have either been done, or Disney has been paying a daily fines for six years. And there isn't a state fire inspector around that would allow that to happen.
    Giggle.

See, that is why I said, you have far more faith in governmental employee's than I do when it comes to Disney. Don't believe what you said "State inspectors carry badges and have full authority to lock doors." or the "there isn't a state fire inspector around that would allow that to happen" statements are accurate arguments at this time.

That is why I suggested we wait until the real facts started to trickle, it is still very fluid, END OF STORY was a bit premature. Since this particular violation has been paid by Disney, it seems to be as legit as the other violations.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Just in case anyone wanted to see the actual OSHA report: Citation and Notification of Penalty

Edit: I realized too late that the report was already linked. Oops.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    Just in case anyone wanted to see the actual OSHA report: Citation and Notification of Penalty

Edit: I realized too late that the report was already linked. Oops.
    That's OK, it is a long document to get through in the first read!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Then that is on the state, OSHA, and Disney.

No organization has to contact the state inspector to come out and inspect their safety equipment. It's done annually without schedule.

Looks like a bunch of state and federal folks screwed up huge time and are now creating a diversion and cover story.

But, let's be intellectually lazy and blame Disney for the whole thing.

Case closed.

PS - can you please discontinue the practice of bolding and increasing the size of your text?! It's annoying and childish, and the size and darkness of the letters doesn't change what they say.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 04-16-2013 at 06:10 AM.

Oh, and this:

Don't believe what you said "State inspectors carry badges and have full authority to lock doors."
    "Fire marshals may be sworn law-enforcement officers and are often experienced firefighters.

Fire marshals may carry a weapon, wear a badge, wear a uniform or plain clothes, and make arrests pertaining to arson and related offenses, or, in other localities, may have duties entirely separate from law enforcement, including building- and fire-code-related inspections. In many areas, the fire marshal is responsible for enforcing laws concerning flammable materials."

Fire marshal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seeing that I've personally dealt with fire marshals, and all types of state and federal inspection including OSHA, AHCA, and CARF I think I'm authorized to actually speak to the powers that fire marshals are charged with.

Being said.....after being down for 3 weeks Space Mountain's new interior cast stairwell has been installed that meets guidelines. Training today and rumored SM will go back online this weekend.

Donny is offline A-Ticket holder

Space Mountain just re-opened.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12