Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Say goodbye to endless refillable mugs - "RapidFill" RFID mugs rolling out resortwide in the News & Rumors forums; I think I originally heard 15, so 5 is even better. Smaller sips will enable people to share....
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Say goodbye to endless refillable mugs - "RapidFill" RFID mugs rolling out resort

I think I originally heard 15, so 5 is even better. Smaller sips will enable people to share.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Re: Say goodbye to endless refillable mugs - "RapidFill" RFID mugs rolling out resort

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I think I originally heard 15, so 5 is even better. Smaller sips will enable people to share.
    15 is what is in use with the Freestyle machines on RC ships, from what I understand.

During the test you could also purchase a paper cup with RFID. You were allowed four fills within an hour. I don't know if there was a wait time, since it was limited anyways.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Well Rapid Refill rolled out Today. The mugs have different color caps and matching handles for family members to identify their own mugs. The mugs have Disney Rapid Refill predominately stamped on barrel of the mug. The machines apparently can be programmed to talk to you.

I can only imagine. 'I'm sorry you have to wait three more minutes to refill your mug'
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Well Rapid Refill rolled out Today. The mugs have different color caps and matching handles for family members to identify their own mugs. The mugs have Disney Rapid Refill predominately stamped on barrel of the mug. The machines apparently can be programmed to talk to you.

I can only imagine. 'I'm sorry you have to wait three more minutes to refill your mug'
    I'm hearing they reduced the lock-out to two minutes. Seems far more reasonable.

I'm getting a bit of conflicting info as to what resorts are active...I've heard it isn't active everywhere, which is a concern because I'm about to start a split stay, and I'm only going to get one if I can use it for my entire stay.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I'm hearing they reduced the lock-out to two minutes. Seems far more reasonable.

I'm getting a bit of conflicting info as to what resorts are active...I've heard it isn't active everywhere, which is a concern because I'm about to start a split stay, and I'm only going to get one if I can use it for my entire stay.
    I thought they all went online at once. That was supposed to be a selling point that you can use them at any Disney Resort during your stay.

How long till your trip? Where ya stay'n?

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I thought they all went online at once. That was supposed to be a selling point that you can use them at any Disney Resort during your stay.

How long till your trip? Where ya stay'n?
    Starting at CBR for 4 nights, OKW for 5, then to the Dark Side (Universal) for a couple. And starting today.
    Doc

I know it's done, but somehow I couldn't see myself staying in one town for vacation for two whole weeks.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I could do it... and I used to when I was a kid... mainly because my dad does not fly... but nowadays Id like a cruise to cause me to stay there for 2 weeks...
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

I can confirm that RFID mugs are NOT for sale at CBR. They still have the old mugs. The manager said they'll know when they receive the ones without the yellow anti-theft bands on the handles that they will start selling them (I get from that they haven't even received them yet). He did say keep my receipt though, and if OKW is using them, they should be able to "upgrade" me.
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

Starting at CBR for 4 nights, OKW for 5, then to the Dark Side (Universal) for a couple. And starting today.
    I've become a big fan of the Dark Side, staying once again at the Portofino in 2014 at the beginning of our trip.
    Love walking out the door loading on the boat and off in a few minutes to dock having my choice of 2 parks and City Walk right under my footsteps. Love being dark.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I know it's done, but somehow I couldn't see myself staying in one town for vacation for two whole weeks.
    We in the past have done Disney 14-16 days at least annually for 15 years. It was great with our kids growing up.

Something for everyone. We broke things up given the amount of time. First just my DH would golf, then the DS and DH golfed together, lots of stuff to do for families. We never did long vacations commando. But I was the kid that grew up being yanked out of school every spring and spending 4-6 weeks in the Miami area. (my Mom was a certified teacher so we never fell behind, actually came home ahead.) When I returned in May to school I was the only Irish redhead with very dark flesh. So I kinda was groomed from young to stay a while in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I could do it... and I used to when I was a kid... mainly because my dad does not fly... but nowadays Id like a cruise to cause me to stay there for 2 weeks...
    A two week cruise would be awesome. But staying in one town for two weeks is hardly the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    I want to cruise too and more than 4 days, by the time you waste day one, come to port early on last day, that isn't long enough. And I'm thinking not Disney. My DS even with his CM discount went on the newest Carnival ship this summer, cheaper with a room with a veranda. He wanted a ship that had a smaller ratio of children to adults.
    I'm at that age now with two grown children that I think I'd like the ratio of children to be smaller than on a Disney Ship.

Interesting update...they are selling the RapidFill mugs at CBR beginning today. However, the machines are not active. It appears there will be a grace period for some amount of time so guests who purchased the mugs under the old system can still use them without having to change them out.
    Doc

Interesting update...they are selling the RapidFill mugs at CBR beginning today. However, the machines are not active. It appears there will be a grace period for some amount of time so guests who purchased the mugs under the old system can still use them without having to change them out.
    lol. That is too funny. Thanks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast