Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By HauntedGabe
  • 1 Post By doconeill
  • 1 Post By Csmith041177
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Key To The World abruptly coming to an end in the News & Rumors forums; Starting on Sunday October 27 resort guests for the most part will no longer be issued a key to the world card. Guests will solely rely on their magic band ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Key To The World abruptly coming to an end

Starting on Sunday October 27 resort guests for the most part will no longer be issued a key to the world card. Guests will solely rely on their magic band or RFID card to enter room, parks, FPs or FP+ depending on which method you choose along with charging back to your room.

After the nightmare of this past weekend with FPs and FP+ this will keep resort guests from double dipping and having both FP+ and paper FPs which obviously lead to the severely out of balance FP to standby ratios. Disney tried to control by limiting the amount of paper FPs however this angered AP holders, local visitors and tourists staying offsight.

The parks are slow again early this week however crowds are anticipated again for F&W weekend trips so time will tell if omitting paper FPs for resort guests will ease the queue lines for standby. In theory FP+ was to help the standby queue, this past weekend demonstrated the opposite.
    supernova likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Key To The World abruptly coming to an end

Guess EMH mornings will now work on RFID rather than just flashing a room key. Never seemed to do anything to limit who got in. During my trip last January, I stayed off property since I was only there for two days and I didn't want to use my DVC points. I brought along an old card key and used it to get in for EMH one morning.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Well the small test pool is over of cast and some guests. The next stage will now will be to not give guests staying at Pop KTTW cards. If they insist and request they will be given one however the strip will be deactivated and guests will not be able to receive additional FPs.

I got how Disney gave guests 'extras' for trying out Magic Bands but how do you give guests at one Disney Resort less than you are giving guests at the balance of resorts. After this test more and more resorts will be added to the list of No KTTW cards.

Holidays and the next month and a half are going to be interesting.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Still wondering what they're doing for EMH guests. If you're not part of the Magic Band nonsense, how do you gain early access to the parks?
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Still wondering what they're doing for EMH guests. If you're not part of the Magic Band nonsense, how do you gain early access to the parks?
    It is still officially in the testing phase, so they guests not choosing to do Magic Bands still get key to the world cards. Me, I'd take the KTTW card just in case the MB fails even if the strip is disabled for FPs. As I've said on another thread my DS girlfriends Magic Band failed every single time she went to enter the park, that was less than a month ago.

Rumor:

Up next to have their KTTW cards omitted or deactivated is said to be Polynesian and the Contemporary.
    Happy Holidays Deluxe resorts. Oy.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Rumor:

Up next to have their KTTW cards omitted or deactivated is said to be Polynesian and the Contemporary.
    Happy Holidays Deluxe resorts. Oy.
    Some of the feelings are that they'll wait until after Thanksgiving before aggravating - I mean, enabling - more guests.

Guests at POP, at least those with a clue, are livid. I know quite a few have changed resorts.

What I find funny is that many were upset that guests with FP+ and MagicBands could "double dip", getting FP+ and regular Fastpass without restrictions. Now, they are upset that they can't...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    Some of the feelings are that they'll wait until after Thanksgiving before aggravating - I mean, enabling - more guests.

Guests at POP, at least those with a clue, are livid. I know quite a few have changed resorts.

What I find funny is that many were upset that guests with FP+ and MagicBands could "double dip", getting FP+ and regular Fastpass without restrictions. Now, they are upset that they can't...
    I get that though. And I was expecting the livid to float to rise to the top eventually. In most parks there are just not enough E attractions to make this system work. Add in all the new groupings that keep changing, toss in being i the 'looser' resort that you are the ugly duckling that gets less than any other resort guest. If they are going to do this to all resort guests at once. I know two families that were heading to WDW/Pop. They are now going to Universal instead.

It was bad enough last month staying at Boardwalk with Bands that you couldn't get a paper or FP+ for Toy the entire week, minus a few at the first few minutes the park opened. I was cautious over the excitement of everyone on the Magic Band Express Train when it just rolled out. It was too good to be true with both types of FPs. Now to indicate that resort guests paying basically the same amount, some resort guests are awarded substantially less while paying the same. Personally I think they are grasping at anything that can right this mess. In reality the system is worth nothing if you can only obtain 1 coveted E FP+ a day. Seriously who is going to MME planning out your entire trip in advance if the only perk is a FP+ per day, especially in moderate to busy times.

Listening to the 'canned' verbiage from Disney this week that MME is the single best improvement that has ever happened at WDW made me want to gag. Did Disney really believe handing out free loaded Magic Bands and lunch to the media would right the ship for Disney. By the guests that are bailing out of Pop, thinking not. Just wait 'till the guests that are clueless get wind of it when they start arriving at Pop. Ugly.

Bad news for All-Star guests...apparently All-Star Sports guests stopped getting KTTW cards today, with Music to start on Wednesday and Movies on Friday.

I think we're approaching the endgame...
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator

I just had heard that too. Game end is right. For all the double dipping fans being so happy with bonus FP system and joyful about the bands this will be a game changer. I genuinely feel bad for these resorts having their KTTW cards plucked before anyone else, it is that ugly step sister approach. I wish they had rolled this phase all at once, resort system wide.

Apparently some AoA guests - it seems those with room-only reservations - aren't getting KTTW cards either as of Friday.
    Doc

This is a bad way to implement this. Russian roulette with guests paying this much. Why tick them off at the last second? Stupid operations.

Csmith041177 is offline B-Ticket Holder

We won't be taking our next trip until next year. However, I am very anxious to see how this whole process will work (and nervous)! The thought of being frustrated with the new system after spending months planning is a scary thought.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Fiestafun is offline A-Ticket holder

I was just in WDW first week of December and found that Fastpass+ changed my entire experience. An annual passholder, I go multiple times per year and bring my family once per year for a week. We usually stay in the MK Resort area. Having fastpasses reserved for the entire trip completely took the pressure off and allowed me not to pressure my family to get to the parks early every single day. As a result we saw so much more of the resort outside of the parks. Heck, we even played 18 holes at WinterSummer Land and at Fantasia Gardens on the same trip--not to mention archery at Fort Wilderness! My kids (8 and 4) got 4 hour doses of the parks with no waiting--ever. This is the first trip that my wife actually enjoyed. I know the implementation may be painful, but this is what most game changing innovations require. Whatever the cost fastpass+ is worth it.
    --Kenneth Johnson

If we can dream it . . .