Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Hub Expanding in the News & Rumors forums; I think its a good idea to expand the hub so its easier to get around the busy crowd thats watching Wishes. What are your thoughts?...
    micdisney is offline A-Ticket holder

Hub Expanding

I think its a good idea to expand the hub so its easier to get around the busy crowd thats watching Wishes.

What are your thoughts?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Hub Expanding

It is messing with the forced perspective of the castle. The Original Hub with the tree's created a separation between Main Street and the castle a buffer, that made the forced perspective work. Now it looks like a castle plopped down on concrete at the end of road, and Main Street no longer has a barrier to block it from the 16th century castle. The small little trees will not help the forced perspective.

A month ago they cut down the last remaining large trees on the front side of the castle and filled it in with more concrete.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

It makes more logistical sense... but less sense in terms of theming... I am reserving judgement until I see the finished product...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I agree. They are pretty skimpy concept drawings, but it looks like the large percentage will be concrete. It is messy now but they will likely pause for the ribbon cutting of the Dwarf. I was down there for the last 10 days and it starts with the skim on Main Street to the construction walls throughout the moat in the hub and Tomorrowland through the castle and around Dwarf. You go a long time before you see anything but construction.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by micdisney View Post
    I think its a good idea to expand the hub so its easier to get around the busy crowd thats watching Wishes.

What are your thoughts?
    Was Disney's sole purpose for sinking so much cash into expanding that area to help alleviate crowds for 20 minutes each night?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Gatorhead is offline C-Ticket Holder

Wait till you see how much hotter it will be around that area with nothing but concrete surrounding the castle. Not only that but the water areas were always one of things I liked about the Magic Kingdom. Added a little something to the ambience. I personally think it's a bad move on Disney's part but we'll just have to wait and see.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorhead View Post
    Wait till you see how much hotter it will be around that area with nothing but concrete surrounding the castle. Not only that but the water areas were always one of things I liked about the Magic Kingdom. Added a little something to the ambience. I personally think it's a bad move on Disney's part but we'll just have to wait and see.
    Fortunately with Disney, if water features are your thing, all you need to do is visit any 3D attraction. You'll get water features ad nauseum.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.