Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 4Shoemakers
  • 1 Post By HauntedGabe
  • 1 Post By HauntedGabe
  • 1 Post By supernova
  • 1 Post By supernova
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Finally, May 28th it is for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train in the News & Rumors forums; But, in typical Disney letdown fashion that dedicate it 26 days before. WHAT?!?! Why not just dedicate it around the 26th and then open it to all guests on the ...
    4Shoemakers is offline A-Ticket holder

Finally, May 28th it is for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train

But, in typical Disney letdown fashion that dedicate it 26 days before. WHAT?!?! Why not just dedicate it around the 26th and then open it to all guests on the 28th?! What more is needed between now and then?? Anyone know what Disney is doing on this one??

But whats even more aggrevating is that we had made reservations for WDW last October thinking SURE it'll be open by then... Then once we heard this May 2nd dedication we made plans to be there the week of the 12th thinking SURELY two weeks is enough time for them to dedicate and fully open this dang ride... Disappointed yet again!!

-frustrated fan!
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    1st - Paul The Detective; 2nd - Sarah The Princess; 3rd - David The miracle; 4th - Matthew The dreamer

Csmith041177 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Finally, May 28th it is for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train

Thanks for the update! I'm just happy we have a date now!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by 4Shoemakers View Post
    But, in typical Disney letdown fashion that dedicate it 26 days before. WHAT?!?! Why not just dedicate it around the 26th and then open it to all guests on the 28th?! What more is needed between now and then?? Anyone know what Disney is doing on this one??

But whats even more aggrevating is that we had made reservations for WDW last October thinking SURE it'll be open by then... Then once we heard this May 2nd dedication we made plans to be there the week of the 12th thinking SURELY two weeks is enough time for them to dedicate and fully open this dang ride... Disappointed yet again!!

-frustrated fan!
    Something unexpected went wrong here, they are keeping pretty closed lipped but the formal invitations went out somewhere around a month ago. This wasn't as easy to move off like they did the plans for Disney Springs when it rained. Media with there families were invited, booked rooms, airfare etc. No matter what happy face Disney put forward this didn't go off as planned.

I was down there the beginning half of April and they kept fooling with the track all the while finishing the landscaping. Formal Suits gathering around the outside of the attraction where walls were down. They kept the walls as long as they could until the commercial was set to film and then the media event shortly after. They have to train staff and it is a bit hard to do with wdi still playing with the track and adjusting the rocking, which I understand has been dramatically toned down to where you can feel the sway but not so much a rocking motion. One of the rumors I kept hearing was that the foundation has begun to settle and the track then needed to be tweaked.

When we heard May 2 we considered changing around our vacation by a month but then we had second thoughts of really why? All of our favorite attractions were to be open though Thunder closed for 3 days of our trip. We knew if we waited some of our real favorites could be down. I'd be ticked if I changed our vacation to only have this still not be open to guests. I was really wondering if they were going to put media out on the tracks and they did.
    supernova likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Didn't realize you were there. Despite the issues you've mentioned, I hope the rest of your trip went smoothly!
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Didn't realize you were there. Despite the issues you've mentioned, I hope the rest of your trip went smoothly!
    I went down with my DD for almost 2 weeks. We had so much fun. We toured like you do, by the seat of our pants. When we knew we'd be there we made FP+ reservations though we did book Toy and Fantasmic in advance and I think Soarin things she really wanted to do.

Trip was pretty much stress free minus check-in the was a big glitch in our CM reserved room that took a bit to resolve at check in but we put it behind us and marched on. We only made one ADR in advance at that was for lunch at BOG. Working on trip report.
    supernova likes this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I went down with my DD for almost 2 weeks. We had so much fun. We toured like you do, by the seat of our pants. When we knew we'd be there we made FP+ reservations though we did book Toy and Fantasmic in advance and I think Soarin things she really wanted to do.

Trip was pretty much stress free minus check-in the was a big glitch in our CM reserved room that took a bit to resolve at check in but we put it behind us and marched on. We only made one ADR in advance at that was for lunch at BOG. Working on trip report.
    Do let me know when you have posted the report. I will be looking forward to reading it!
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Do let me know when you have posted the report. I will be looking forward to reading it!
    Will do. Other than first day it isn't shaping up to be a standard trip report, more musings and observations and a bit of sentiment as it was a trip with Mom and DD trip for graduating college in December

Trust me, I'd far rather read observations than a list of places you ate and the order of the attractions you rode.
    HauntedGabe likes this.