Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Mnsshp in the News & Rumors forums; Someone during chat was saying MNSSHP was going to be expanded this year with additional dates. This is what I could find right now: Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Offers 15 ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

Mnsshp

Someone during chat was saying MNSSHP was going to be expanded this year with additional dates. This is what I could find right now:

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Offers 15 Nights of Lightly Frightful Magic Kingdom Fun for Families in 2005

Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize -- along with Mickey Mouse and his Disney pals -- for 15 nights of Halloween fun for the whole family beginning Sept. 30 at Magic Kingdom.
    The lightly frightful fun begins at 7 p.m. after regular park operating hours and continues until midnight. Separate admission is required.

Each date features opportunities for trick-or-treating throughout the theme park, including special "treat trails." Plus, all guests are welcome to wear Halloween costumes -- just like the Disney characters!

The event also includes "Mickey's Boo-to-You Halloween Parade," Mickey's Mouse-Ka-Rade costume parties, Halloween storytelling, live entertainment and unique merchandise in the most magical place on Earth.

New this year is a spectacular Halloween-themed fireworks display -- "Happy HalloWishes" -- featuring spooky music from family-friendly Disney attractions and movies including Haunted Mansion and "The Nightmare Before Christmas," as well as the voices of memorable Disney characters such as Madame Leota, Ursula, Jafar, Maleficent and Oogie Boogie.

In 2005, the popular party has grown to 15 dates - the most ever - and often sells out in advance. Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will take place on Sept. 30, Oct. 2, 6, 7, 11, 13, 16, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30 and 31; tickets for all dates are on sale now.

Guests can save $5 per ticket on all dates except Oct. 31 by purchasing tickets in advance by calling 407/W-DISNEY or visiting disneyworld.com. Tickets are $39.95 plus tax for ages 10 and above, $32.95 plus tax for ages 3-9. Children under 3 are admitted at no charge.

Source: WDW News
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    when i went last i was so excited to do this. i had heard they only let a limited number of people in. the first hour was great, but after that....the place was PACKED!!!

what's the point? well, the candy was cool.

my opinion, not worth the extra money anymore. it's gotten to big for its own good.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Did the price go up this year? I don't remember it being $40!?

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    We went on Oct 31st last year and it was sold out and still not as crowded as it was during the day except on entry into the park. There were not enough gates open and we almost missed our PS at The Liberty Tree Tavern. Also, the party is what you make of it and we dressed in costumes and played off all the characters around the parks so it was well worth the extra money. They also overbought on the candy so at the end of the night we had like 7 bags full of candy and the CM's wanted us to take more.

I ordered my 2 tickets the beginning of Aug and they were $34.03 each including tax and than had an additional $3.00 shipping and handling fee added to the cost. It appears they have gone way up in price........
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I couldn't agree with your more Janet!

We did MNSSHP in 2003 on both Mischief and Halloween nights. That would be a Thursday and Friday nights, FYI. We had a great time on both nights. The crowds were considerably less than the day time. It is really is what you make out of it, kinda like school in a way. I'll be doing MNSSHP again this October. We really looking forward to it.

Although MNSSHP is popular, it really isn't for everyone. YMMV

As far as prices go, I think this year is the first time I noticed that advanced tickets for Halloween night have been more expensive than the other nights. But like anything, the prices go up year by year.
    Last edited by MandaBella; 08-03-2005 at 04:29 PM.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I think it makes a difference to go earlier in the month - we went mid-October last year and had no problems with crowds! It was fantastic and I'm dragging a friend back with me this year!
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I have been twice in 2002 and 2004 in mid-October. Both times there was never a wait for anything. Both times I have rode Splash Mountain twice in a row without getting off. My family and I really enjoy it and it was definately worth the money. I don't know how I would like paying $40 though.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I went to check out Disneyworld.com to see about the prices. We order our tickets in advance and I would advise the same to anyone else.
    Advance Price**:
    Adults 10 and over: $34.95+tax
    Children 3 - 9: $27.95+tax

Day of Event Price:
    Adults 10 and over: $39.95+tax
    Children 3 - 9: $32.95+tax
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

AnThOnY234 is offline A-Ticket holder
    i cant wait to go in oct
    Last edited by AnThOnY234; 09-05-2005 at 01:17 PM.

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I am going October 20th and I can't wait! I also got a ticket ahead of time but it will be waiting for me when I get there. I received a Annual Passholder discount (we will be purchasing out passholder tickets when we arrive). I think the discount made my ticket less than $32.00. I LOVE Halloween so I can't wait to see what happens that night. My husband is going with my father-in-law elsewhere that night so I am going to have fun all by myself!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!