Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss There's Pooh on my map!!!! in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by AKQJ10 All I can say is... True Wait a minute here....if a a , what would the offspring be? Evil genetic bear aliens with a honey obsession? ...
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    All I can say is...

True

Wait a minute here....if a a , what would the offspring be? Evil genetic bear aliens with a honey obsession? Now...I am scared.

Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    I would still resent the area if it wasn't Pooh...
    Just so happens that Pooh already claimed a guest favourite.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I love Pooh and friends (especially , "Oh d-d-d-dear!"). I'm not upset that there is a Pooh playground. I'm upset that there is a very wimpy playground, targeted at small children and small children only, taking up too much space that really could have been put to much better use, or at least, have held more and better play equipment. It could have been themed around any character or story and I'd still think the same. If it were a well done Pooh playground, with lots to do, and ways for adults and children to have fun together, my review of it would have been much different.

Look at Mickey and Minnie's houses in Mikey's Toontown Fair. They aren't really playgrounds, but they are definitely attractions targeted at children. However, the buildings and doorways are large enough for adults to get in and out, there are many interactive things to check out and see, lots of silly, clever, hidden puns that most children probably wont pick up. In other words, plenty of things to do and see for both parent and child alike.

When I first saw that Pooh's house was being built, I assumed it would be similar to the Mickey and Minnie houses in MTF. I was actually excited to go see it, and made a special trip over to the Magic Kingdom that night just to check it out. Instead we got a tree that you would have to crawl into, furnished with two tiny chairs and a couple honey pots, none of which was interactive from what I could tell. And in terms of play equipment, there were a couple of water spouts, and one slide. Not really a best effort.

I love Pooh. I even like the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride, despite the fact that it replaced another favorite of mine. But I do not like Pooh's Playful Spot. And it has nothing to do with it being Pooh themed.
    Last edited by MainStreet, USA; 09-06-2005 at 08:46 PM.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Very well said MANDA and MAIN STREET. I think that is the point everyone has made about the playarea. It looks very boring. And not something parents can enjoy with their kids and any of the members (being the Disney ppl we are) that have children would agree that we want to have fun too.
    Most of the quote/unquote "ragging" on the fuzzy yellow bear is done tongue-in-cheek not because we dont like him but because he IS over marketed. Think of it like a song that is overplayed on the radio, after a while you just DO NOT want to hear it again. I cant wait to ride in the Honey Pots and bounce along with Tigger- who if I had to choose is my fav character and even he has been a bit over done...lol Now that ride I am sure my DD will love.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Okay I have seen pictures of this and it just looks like an over decorate palygrounfd in the park. Disney is going to have come better then this. This looks very disappointing indeed.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    I'm not ragging on Pooh either, I even plan on getting the new halloween movie for my kids. . . . It's just that there is a HUGE space that they could have built any sort of large, elaborate ride that the imagineers could have conceived. Whatever they built there could have been the best new ride since Mission: Space. They had the room to build a smaller ride and still have a playground. . . . That area is almost as big as Toontown Fair!
    It is a waste of space that they could have used to make something great instead of lame toddler playground, which is a shame no matter who the featured characters are.
    They could have at least made the playground huge and cool and magical for all ages.
    Last edited by shadesofgreen; 09-08-2005 at 01:26 PM.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    OK.... OK.... I give....

Look for another Pooh's Playful Spot rumor coming soon...

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadesofgreen
    They could have at least made the playground huge and cool and magical for all ages.
    That's kinda what I had been hoping for, and expecting, given Disney's reputation for doing groundbreaking sorts of things.
    -Don-

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Oh let me guess the rumor...eveybody thinks it is so dopey that they are going to gut it and put in an Atlantis attraction instead(which is what they should have done in the first place according to BF)..LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    OK.... OK.... I give....

Look for another Pooh's Playful Spot rumor coming soon...

PPUUULLLEEEAAASSSEEE LOU!! Tell me! Tell!!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Well, without knowing for sure what Lou's got hidden up his sleeve of endless disney knowledge, I'm taking a stab in the dark by saying that with all that space they have over there, combined with the weak effort put into developing Pooh's Playful Spot, I'm going to make the assumption that it was merely intended as a temporary "filler" attraction, just to put something in there, while a bigger, better something is still in the works.

At least that's what makes sense in my mind, you know... as if I was calling the shots.
    Sigh... wouldn't that be nice?
    -Don-

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    Actually I have several inside sources confirm for me that this area is temporary and something new will debut sometime after 2010
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    2010?!??!!
    Oh well I will have to be patient.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Okay now I'm really going on my soapbox: Okay here goes I just view some pictures of the area again and I'm sorry it looks more liKe the department of parks and recreation made this area and not Disney Imagineers made this area. It's bad enough they even made another Pooh theme atracttion.Don't get me wrong I like POOH but they did take out two much belove rides just so they can make more money. I think if they wanted to do something like this ist should had been on the same scale like the Honey I shrunk the Kids movie set. Maybe not that huge but a least big enough like someone else metion in the tread for older kids and adult can play on it. Espically adults with small children. Okay coming down of soapbox.

BTW: To all of our devoted Pooh lover no one bashing him it just the cheesy attraction that getting bash and I'm sure if another belove character was made into a cheesy attraction such as this it would get bashed as well.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Patience, my young Jedi apprentices... all shall be revealed... in the next podcast! (who knows... maybe I'll record it tonight??!!)

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast