Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss There's Pooh on my map!!!! in the News & Rumors forums; Well, it's official - Pooh's Playful Spot has been added to the latest MK Map. (Thanks to GG for the scan)...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

There's Pooh on my map!!!!

Well, it's official - Pooh's Playful Spot has been added to the latest MK Map. (Thanks to GG for the scan)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Another fantastic decision on WDW's part of course. Congratulations, suits.
    Another fine job! A bonus or two this year? Well, you've earned it after all!

SARCASM MODE OFF

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Another sad milestone. . . . of course my kids will love it, why wouldn't they?
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Oh pooh!!!! (pun intended) That really ****s! Not surprising, but it still ****s!!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    I guess it's better than just having that empty lagoon there. . . .
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

But the lagoon still looked so **** cool!
    Oh well. End of an era. I grew up with it, it'll be weird to see it gone next time I'm there.

- Walt Disney

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    like I said... nautilis roots..

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder
    IT'S A POOH TAKE OVER!!!! HAHAHA JUST KIDDING THAT'S GOOD NO MORE BLUE PLY WOOD WALLS.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    oh goody
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars

Epcot Map

Well another map update for ya... Wonders of Life has been taken off the Epcot map. Number 4 is now M:S, 5 TT, etc.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    Well another map update for ya... Wonders of Life has been taken off the Epcot map. Number 4 is now M:S, 5 TT, etc.

I really liked WoL too...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    That ****s...I liked WoL too. Body Wars was fun...took some getting used to, but still fun. I thought Cranium Command was cute too. Wonder what will replace it. Anyone have any ideas?
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Fantasyland does look quite different without the lagoon there anymore. I was there just one week ago actually, and before I even noticed that the lagoon was gone, I sensed something was different. It just didn't feel the same. I'd known that there was plans in the works for the lagoon to be turned into something (that was what I knew as of spring), but I had forgotten all about it until I walked by the other day and was like, "hmmm... something feels different. Hey look... a Pooh tree!" Then it hit me... ""...The lagoon is kaput!"

I've got mixed emotions on this one. I am really too young to fully appreciate 20KLUTS. I remember riding it a few times when I was little. I know we've got home video footage around of it somewhere. But I don't really remember it well enough to classify it as a favorite, and it's been gone for so long now. I'm upset because I really would have liked to have seen it at least once as an adult, just for comparitive purposes, if for no other reason. But at the same time, I think it's about time they finally did something with that area. I was just kind of hoping they would do something that utilized the lagoon itself rather than removing it.

So, I'm glad to see something go in there, but not too thrilled that it's more Pooh (he already took away my beloved Mr. Toad. Now that ride I remember well... and miss dearly, as I'm sure most of us do). But even though Toad is gone and missed, I do have to admit that "The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh" is a very cute, highly entertaining, very unique dark ride. And every time I go to MK, the line for it is incredibly long. Obviously it's seeing success, so my thought is, why do they need another Pooh attraction right there?

Fantasyland has always been primarily targeted at families. It was a place where parents and children could ride together through their favorite Disney animated films, be it Dumbo, or Cinderella, Snow White, or Peter Pan. Although a lot of it is a bit childish, it never really came across to me as a type of "kiddieland", as does Mickey's Toontown Fair. I could always feel right at home in Fantasyland with a couple of college buddies, whereas we had little to do in MTF. I think that by adding a playground like this Pooh thing they have now, it will be giving Fantasyland an even greater image of being simply another kiddieland.

Yet I supposed that for every argument against the new Pooh plaground, I can argue my own case against me. Apparently, the current Pooh ride is very successful for them. So why bring in more Pooh?... Because it draws guests. And why put a playground in Fantasyland instead of MTF?... Because they already have one there. Why do they need another one?... Because parents don't want to be lugging their kids all the way back to MTF everytime they want to give them a place to run amuck for a bit. Not to mention the kids would get bored of the same old playground every couple hours.

Well, I suppose I just kind of answered my own arguments (not a very good persuasive debate then, huh?) I guess it just goes to show how "middle of the road" my opinions are on this new attraction. Yeah, being a certifiable Disney nut, I'll certainly have to go check out Pooh's Playful Spot, and I'll probably find something or other there that I will find entertaining, cute, amusing, or the likes... I really shouldn't go around saying I dislike it before I've even really gotten a chance to check it out. I just still wish they'd done something with the lagoon. And by that I don't mean having done away with it.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Getting my mind back out of the gutter.. but the name "Pooh's Playful Spot" well just seems wrong!!!

The lagoon was a fantastic piece of scenery. If they WERE simply going to make a Pooh playground, they should have just made a concrete wall blocking the showbuilding entrance off, and destroy the building. That way, you get to keep the lagoon, and the caverns, but with that stupid playground behind it. Then of course, when they're ready to make a new attraction, the lagoon could go too.

- Walt Disney

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast