Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Stitch's Great Escape! Promises Pandemonium For Walt Disney World in the News & Rumors forums; I hope someone will be able to update us on how this compares to Alien Encounter!!...
    sadizney is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I hope someone will be able to update us on how this compares to Alien Encounter!!

DL trips: April '88, Oct '91, June '95, Aug '95

WDW trips: Apr. '74, Aug '78, Aug '80, Aug '84, June '86, Oct '86, March '87, Oct '90, June '92, Aug '92, Jan '93, Aug '93 Nov '94, Aug '95, Aug '96, June '97, Aug '98, June/July 2000, July 2001, July 2002, June 2003, July, 2005 and June/July, 2006 for re-opening of PotC!!

fray101 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Have seen a few reviews from people lucky enough to sneak a peek in previews and I have to say, most of them don't seem to have been too impressed. Anyhow, I'm at WDW until 16th Nov which is of course the official opening. So if I get the chance to visit the attraction I'll let you all know what I think.

Dream our dreams forever...

http://disneypix.tripod.com

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I've learned to take "reviews" such as the ones I've seen online with a grain of salt. We're all different, like various aspects of attractions, etc. Plus, I've come across one or two that were clearly not "real" reviews, but conjecture or just contain information taken from press clippings, etc.

Looking forward to making up my own mind on December 8! (Still miss Misison to Mars, though)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I GOT TO RIDE STITCH!!!

The world was very good to me!!!! I'll write a full review this week once I am settled!!

Here is my Review of SGE

Not much is different from AE except for the story...and SGE is funny...the room was laughing the whole time. Here are some pictures I took, sorry for the quality...my battery was running out of juice.

But I still loved it!!!!

Just got back from WDW this morning - battling serious jet lag at the moment but as soon as I've recovered I'll post photos from the grand opening yesterday. Should be able to upload a video clip of the animatronic Stitch too - we managed to see a preview on Saturday (or maybe Sunday - I've lost track of time...).

As this was my first trip to WDW I can't compare to the old ride but I thought this was great fun but then I'm a big Stitch fan. If you're not, you might wonder what all the fuss is about. And I have to say it was possibly the most uncomfortable attraction I've been on - those shoulder restraints are awful!

Anyway, must sleep...but promise to post photos soon. Wait until you see what they did to the castle....

Hi Hilary! Welcome back from your first trip to WDW!! I am anxious to hear what you did, thought, etc. I don't know whether or not you are doing a trip report...you know where but I want to hear all about it!

WDW trips: Apr. '74, Aug '78, Aug '80, Aug '84, June '86, Oct '86, March '87, Oct '90, June '92, Aug '92, Jan '93, Aug '93 Nov '94, Aug '95, Aug '96, June '97, Aug '98, June/July 2000, July 2001, July 2002, June 2003, July, 2005 and June/July, 2006 for re-opening of PotC!!

Thanks Sandy - had a great time, will post trip report in due course!

As promised, here are photos from the opening day of Stitch's Great Escape! I do have a short video clip from the attraction but can't seem to upload it at the moment so have just included a still for now.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Fray, if you want, email me and you can send me the video file. I'll add it to the Downloads section if you like!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Video now available in the Download Section - thanks Lou!

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    How long did those of you who have been on Stitch have to wait in line? Does this attraction have FastPass?
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

It has fastpass, but it wasn't running when I went on the ride. I think my wait was maybe 20 -30 min.

Hilary thanks for sharing the terrific pictures! Take your time on the trip report...I am just anxious to hear how you felt WDW compared to DLP. I love the DLP pics too! Do you know why it looked like they TP's the WDW castle??? I can't say I like that. Was it only for opening day of Stitches Great Escape? I hope you had a chance to see the castle at its normal state.

Princess Jas - yes, it has Fastpass. We saw a preview last Saturday - we'd made a quick stop to the Animal Kingdom and arrived at MK about 12.30, wandered into Tomorrowland to see whether they were doing previews and grabbed a Fastpass - it was only when I got my ticket that I realised the return time was 7.55pm!

When that time came around I guess we waited about 20 mins - if that - but of course it's a show so there's always going to be a certain amount of wait time.

As you can see from the photos we were there for opening day - I believe the ride didn't officially open until 1pm but we walked past there in the afternoon and the standby queues weren't too bad at all, maybe 20 mins.

Don't worry Sandy - we saw the castle in it's normal state! I know a lot of people don't like it when Disney mess with the castles but it made us laugh so much when we entered the park on the opening day and saw that! There were wanted posters all around Main Street - the whole look was just perfect for Stitch! Having said that, not sure how attractive Wishes would have looked that night...Of course that was our last day so I don't know how long the TP look stayed for - I'm guessing just the opening day.

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    I just got a chance to really look at the pictures. I cannot believe they rolled the castle! Thanks for the pictures and the video.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast