Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Stitch's Great Escape! Promises Pandemonium For Walt Disney World in the News & Rumors forums; Of course what you can't tell from the photos is that they were blasting Elvis down Main Street...! It was really fun to be there that day, only regret is ...
    fray101 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Of course what you can't tell from the photos is that they were blasting Elvis down Main Street...!

It was really fun to be there that day, only regret is that we missed the show they put on at the Castle. Still, can't complain!

Dream our dreams forever...

http://disneypix.tripod.com

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    That is so funny! I should have guessed that they were playing Elvis music in the park.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

FrumiousBoojum is offline A-Ticket holder
    Got a question...

As many of you know, I'm working on officially opening up x-stech.com sometime in the near future. X-STech.com will cover the complete history of the building, from Flight to the Moon all the way up to Stitch's Great Escape.

I don't want to use anything without permission if I can help it, so those of you that have pictures of SGE, may I use some of them on the site? All photos will be credited in the ALT text of the image, possibly elsewhere as well. I'd especially like to use any opening day photos since those will be a lot harder to get than something from a current attraction.

Oh, and if anybody has any other photos and other media they'd like to include, just send it to x-stech@hauntedmansion.com.

-Tim

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Tim,

First, let me you to the site!

I love the idea of a history of the Flight to the Moon building, etc. I'd be happy to contribute some information and photos if you like (with credit to the site of course ).

Welcome again to the forums!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

You're welcome to use any of my opening day photos and the video clip too if you like.

Thanks!

I've got most of the site ready, I'm just working on getting histories of each attraction together to tell the real story. A bit hard to do when there's so many rumors about things, such as why Alien Encounter closed soon after opening (usually "too scary" and "not scary enough" are the usual answers when "bad show" is the more logical and true choice).

I started on this during the summer, but problems with my net connection and such have cause it to be put on hold for a bit.

I will say, though: I'll have some items that you'll not find anywhere else. (SGE source-quality isolated audio! Not downloadable to share, of course -- need to give reason for people to return and keep some exclusivity...)

I've been concentrating on gathering AE and SGE items, so I haven't done too much for Flight to the Moon and Mission to Mars yet. Those may not even be available yet for the launch.

I'm also considering making a smaller section sometime in the future to go over briefly the rest of Tomorrowland and the general history of the land.

I'll maybe get a screenshot tonight to post here so that you can have a preview of what the site is like.

-Tim

Looking forward to it.

What you really need is a way of capturing on-line just how uncomfortable those shoulder restraints at SGE are...

Simple step by step instructions will do it:

First, take your monitor (no LCDs either!) and place it on your left shoulder.

Next, take your computer tower and place it on your right shoulder.

Sound about right?

Actually, I never found them to be that uncomfortable... but, then again, I find comfort in rather uncomfortable ways.

-Tim

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    Simple step by step instructions will do it:

First, take your monitor (no LCDs either!) and place it on your left shoulder.

Next, take your computer tower and place it on your right shoulder.

Sound about right?

Actually, I never found them to be that uncomfortable... but, then again, I find comfort in rather uncomfortable ways.

-Tim
    BWAHAHAHWAHAH!!!
    Lou Mongello

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    You can use mine if you want.

As promised, here's a screenshot for a preview of the site. Enjoy!

-Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images  

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars

Translated

Forgot about this....

If you translate the Galatic Federation Language on the walls...

"Preserving Peace and Harmony Thoughout the Galaxy"

Under Skippy...

Prisoner Teleport

Great info, Thanks Jason!!
    Lou Mongello

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    No problem. During previews I went through several times trying to translate it all. Still haven't been to City Hall to pick up my gift.

I printed out the decoder/voucher for the sticker and took it with me but then totally forgot about it. Ah well...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast