Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Main Street Rehab in the News & Rumors forums; Here's a photo sent in by G.D. of the Main Street RR station rehab. Thanks, G!...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Main Street Rehab

Here's a photo sent in by G.D. of the Main Street RR station rehab. Thanks, G!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Didn't know about this. Is it current, and will it be done by Dissylove's quick trip next month? Thanks for the photo, GD, and the info, Lou.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    The walls got bigger and bigger over the past week. When we were there on Thurs, the walls only went to the sidewalk. Spectromagic still went around the hub in front of the train station. By yesterday, half of the hub was behind a wall and Spectro was going to go in front of the hub and up the street instead of around it. Also, Liberty Belle Riverboat and the Sci-Fi restaurant were closed too.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    I'm sorry, but I still love how we term it as a 'rehab' in the themepark world and not 'refurbishment'. I just have this image in my head of an entire attraction sitting in the gutter drunk....

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Yes, why don't we say, "Main Street is in an in-patient rehab program for the next three months"?
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Mark Goldhaber is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Refurbishment of the Main Street Station is scheduled to run through December 20. Among other things, stroller rental is being relocated to the current locker area, and the lockers will be relocated elsewhere. This is a security precaution since a bomb detonation under the train station would not only wreck the building, but block the main exit from the park.

That's awful looking! Talk about ruining some nice photos!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I guess I will have to wait until my next trip to get some good picture of this. Another reason to plan another trip-what will my DH think! Maybe I will just have to bat my eyes a little more and say "Please!"

JEV4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hey! when I was there about 2 months ago I saw that!
    I just love World of Warcraft.

TXwHnIdY is offline B-Ticket Holder
    From a hicktown in Texas to one in Alabama
    Quote Originally Posted by JEV4
    Hey! when I was there about 2 months ago I saw that!

OMG!! me too! and it sooooo ruined alot of my pictures
    hey yall!

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 27, 2005 1:30:00 PM CST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia>WDW Vacation and Capital One Bowl Countdown</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'New Years Wid The Mouse!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Lauren Ashley!

QT3.14 is offline A-Ticket holder
    This makes me very sad. I'm going to WDW this week and I wanted everything to look perfect. Oh well, at least it's not Pooh's Playful Spot, right?
    My wonderful Disney mom and I want to live in Disney World, or at least really close to it.

I can't wait to be at Disney World!!!!

We are going in March 2006!!

There's a wocket in my pocket!!

I love nighttime at Disney World!!!!

My best friend and I love Tinker Bell!

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    That's awful looking! Talk about ruining some nice photos!
    Ah, but on the lagoon side, they have painted a facade of the station on the scaffolding tarps - at first glance in the evening, you don't even realize that what you're looking at is a drawing! Only Disney...
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by 20K
    I'm sorry, but I still love how we term it as a 'rehab' in the themepark world and not 'refurbishment'. I just have this image in my head of an entire attraction sitting in the gutter drunk....
    "Hi. I'm Main St. and I drink."
    "HI MAIN ST!"