Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss New Expedition Everest Photos! in the News & Rumors forums; Oh so cool! I can't wait! I will be there in April, and I will definitely go on it! I bet the creature animatronic will be wicked cool (it might ...
    WDW Excited is offline A-Ticket holder
    Oh so cool! I can't wait! I will be there in April, and I will definitely go on it! I bet the creature animatronic will be wicked cool (it might even scare me a little, but it's all good ).

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by sterm26
    I hear that there may be a "soft opening" of Everest in late January/early February. Any idea what a soft opening entails? I'll be in WDW the 1st week of February and would love a sneak preview!
    I was just talking to a CM there yesterday and he informed me that CM previews should be taking place by the end of Dec or sometime in Jan, with passholder previews taking place in probably late Feb or March. I also got some neat new pics to share with you guys when i get home tonight and get them resized and stuff...

I was just ranting in another thread about my first ride on Soarin' being during a passholder preview session... How cool would it be if we could put together a DWT "first ride" during one of the preview days? I'd definitely make time to get there for that. Anyone else think they might be game for that?

Or how about... does anyone know how we might find out exactly when that preview is going to be so that we might start making plans?
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    OOh!! me!!! I'm game!!!!

I heard there will be soft openings for Guests around Chirstmas time.

Too bad not during MouseFest
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Hmmm... X-Mas time? Haven't heard that one yet. But no matter... I'm going to be home in CT then.

But, why X-Mas?... That's not a good time for a preview! That's a time for a grand opening. Isn't that like WDW's busiest time of the year? I know April is busy with spring break season and all, and I know the summers are busy too, but I'm pretty sure X-Mas is the busiest of all. Unless their plan is to give a preview while everyone is there for X-Mas and by doing so draw a larger crowd for April. I dunno how they think. All i know is that they better be sure to let me know when I'm going to be able to ride... it looks awesome! And I've heard such amazing things about this yetti... he's supposed to be the most complex AA figure Disney has yet put into an attraction. I just hope (s)he's not so complex that it breaks down often! (Does anyone know if a yetti is gender specific?)

btw... the yetti has a x-mas stocking on the side of goofy's float in the DAK's Jingle Jungle parade. I thought that deserved a good chuckle.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Forget Christmas for EE. It's not been turned over to Disney yet.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Cast previews start Jan 11th

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have to wait until Jan 1st of 2007 to be able to ride it, but it will be the first ride we do on the trip...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    cool pictures

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Look for photos and VIDEO as well as more audio on Mousteunes and the Downloads section as soon as I get back home!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12