Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Narnia attraction takes visitors on a journey in the News & Rumors forums; Narnia attraction takes visitors on a journey Disney-MGM offers a peek behind the movie magic. Jerry W. Jackson Sentinel Staff Writer October 27, 2005 Disney-MGM Studios in Orlando will open ...
    Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Narnia attraction takes visitors on a journey

Narnia attraction takes visitors on a journey

Disney-MGM offers a peek behind the movie magic.

Jerry W. Jackson
    Sentinel Staff Writer

October 27, 2005

Disney-MGM Studios in Orlando will open a new attraction in December called Journey Into Narnia: Creating The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

The walk-through attraction will offer visitors a peek at the props and some of the story line from the Walt Disney Pictures and Walden Media's film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

The movie, based on the C.S. Lewis book, premieres nationwide in theaters on Dec. 9 and the attraction will open the same day, Disney spokesman Charles Stovall said.

Fans of the seven-book Narnia series are eagerly awaiting the movie, and a Narnia attraction probably will be popular as well, said Vivian Bush, 27, of Houston, who describes herself as a "serious Narnia fan" since she read all seven Narnia books at the age of 7.

"I would go [to the new attraction] if I were going to Disney World, but I probably wouldn't make a special trip," Bush said.

She said fans are eagerly awaiting the $100 million live-action and computer-animated film with special effects. "I'm really looking forward to that," she said.

Paul Martin, 24, who runs a Narnia Web site from his home in Grand Rapids, Mich., said he's going to see the attraction as well as the movie, and will gladly make a special trip.

"It sounds really cool," said Martin, a lifelong fan of the Chronicles of Narnia.

Journey Into Narnia is the first new attraction at Disney-MGM Studios since the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show debuted in May as part of the Happiest Celebration on Earth marketing campaign at Disney parks worldwide.

In the new attraction, which will take 10 to 15 minutes to walk through, guests will enter the frozen world of Narnia, Stovall said, and see behind-the-scenes moviemaking magic in the epic film.

Visitors will enter through a giant wardrobe, just as the children do in the movie version of Lewis' classic, and will exit through a gallery of elaborate creatures, costumes and props from the movie.

The attraction is going into the former Haunted Mansion movie set on Soundstage 4 on Mickey Avenue. That attraction, based on the 2003 Eddie Murphy movie, closed in 2004 and was recently used for special events, including the Happiest Celebration media gathering this year.

Florida Education Commissioner John Winn is scheduled to be at Disney-MGM Studios today, along with four young actors from the film and a group of elementary school students, to help announce plans for the attraction and to promote a statewide children's literacy program.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    I'm def. going to check this out on my trip.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I have already informed the family. When we all get together for Christmas we are loading one and all, old and young into the car and heading to the movie theater to see the movie. My sister (who loves Disney almost as much as myself) is excited, as is my neice. Mr. iwannabeminnie is always in the mood for a good movie. Everybody else just rolls their eyes. I can't wait to see the movie and I can't wait to see this exhibit!
    They call me "Nana"

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I am SO excited about this movie and this attraction definitely gives me yet one more thing to be excited about in May! I read the 7 books probably more times than I've read any other books (LOTR may top it but barely). I know I must have read the series at least 15 times. what a great series, and the movie could definitely be great, if it's well done and not too cheesy.

If we can dream it, we can do it

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I have determined that I will read all the books again before the movie comes out. I am now on book #5.

Wish I could see the exhibit....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    I will take pictures of the attraction when I go down.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Princess is offline A-Ticket holder
    Cant wait, the books were one of my childhood fav's. I hope we can see the film while on holiday there yippee
    Princess

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Hey, this sounds cool... yeah, right.
    This is just the older Haunted Mansion version, just slightly colder.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    awesome! With so many other things happening, I HAVE to go!!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    I loved the Narnia books when I was about 9years old. I now have my 9yr old DD into them. We can't wait until the movie, I know Taylor would love the attraction, hope it is still there when we plan to go next November.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

CANNOT wait for this movie to come out!

pearlnecklace71 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I never read the books, but the previews/trailers are awesome. Let's just say that WDW's Jadis is awesome! Can't wait!!!

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by 20K
    Hey, this sounds cool... yeah, right.
    This is just the older Haunted Mansion version, just slightly colder.
    You mean where they have some sets and costumes and then you get to stand and watch the same DVD extras documentary you can watch at home. . . .but colder?

The movie looks great, though!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    True on both counts!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Ok now that sounds alright.
    I am just relieved that it is not going to be a show like the rumors I had heard before.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast