Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Michael Eisner in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by MKRsrtMonorail Why don't many people like Eisner. He did some major development of the World, such as Disney-MGM Studios, The resort explosion, Animal Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard ...
    Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MKRsrtMonorail
    Why don't many people like Eisner. He did some major development of the World, such as Disney-MGM Studios, The resort explosion, Animal Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, and all of Downtown Disney???? In addition he seemed to have passion for the original ideas behind the World.
    Perosonally, I think that's the only thing he did right. Sorry, anyone who fires the animation staff that makes original works of art like Beauty and the Beast simply to focus more on copying Pixar shouldn't work for Disney. But he did save Disney from a corporate buy-out in the early 80s so I guess we should thank him for that.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Latest news on the whereabouts of Mr. Eisner, courtesy of Mickey News

AP press release:

"Michael Eisner, former chief of the Walt Disney Co., will become host of his own CNBC interview program that will be seen once every two months, the network said Tuesday.
    "Conversations with Michael Eisner" will be an hour-long, prime-time show where Eisner speaks with business, entertainment or political leaders. His focus will be on creativity and innovation, he said.

He'll work from a studio at NBC Universal headquarters in Rockefeller Center, where he once worked as a page. Eisner was an ABC executive before moving up the corporate ladder, and he was familiar to TV viewers as the on-air host of "The Wonderful World of Disney."

CNBC did not say Tuesday when the first show will air.

In October, Eisner cut all business ties to Disney, the company he ran for 21 years. Robert Iger succeeded him as Disney chief.

Eisner warmed up for his role last October when he filled in as guest interviewer for Charlie Rose one night on PBS. Media executive Barry Diller and actor John Travolta were his subjects.

"I am very excited that in my circle of life, I am returning to the same NBC studio where I was a page for the `Tonight Show' with Johnny Carson in the 1960s," he said."
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yeah, I saw that. It was interesting. But I'm not too concerned about that man, now that there's a new guy in his place. I don't want to start an argument or make this any worse. I had just wanted to know if Eisner was gone for good.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12