Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Michael Eisner in the News & Rumors forums; Does anyone have any idea about what's going to happen to M. Eisner? I know he's not CEO for Disney anymore (thank God), but is still part of the chair? ...
    WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Question Michael Eisner

Does anyone have any idea about what's going to happen to M. Eisner? I know he's not CEO for Disney anymore (thank God), but is still part of the chair? I haven't been so caught up with that these days. If anyone can just give me some news about that, I would deeply appreciate it! Have a "magical" day!

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I think he was supposed to stay on in some way but chose to remove himself entirely but I may be making that up. I get confused in my head sometimes.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I heard he froze his head until science makes brain transplants possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    I heard he froze his head until science makes brain transplants possible.
    lol not a fan I'm assuming???

Just relating this thread to the Walt's head thread. Maybe I am confused. It has happened before and will probably happen again. Chances are it will be in the near future.

I was grading like a madwoman for my university class that I thought was meeting tonight but it is tomorrow. So I had to make sure that I am ready for my class tonight. Oh, well-brain function is optional at this point of the day.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    LOL! I give my final exam on Monday and I am done for the year. Except in December I get to take MY update classes. Oh, and the two days after Thanksgiving I get to take my Real Estate continuing education classes. And then the first two weeks of January I get to teach TPS to first year tax preparers. And then tax season starts in full earnest. Oh bother.....
    They call me "Nana"

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    Yea, Eisner left completely. He said he didnt want to be part of it anymore. I think i even have the newspaper article somewhere in my room.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs
    Just relating this thread to the Walt's head thread. Maybe I am confused. It has happened before and will probably happen again. Chances are it will be in the near future.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I actually do have a rumor about Michael Eisner, but may just have to make you wait for the next podcast...

OK, Lou...that's mean..

Well.... here you go... Here's my rumor:

Michael Eisner will soon announce that he has taken an executive position at Six Flags

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by lovedisprinces
    Yea, Eisner left completely. He said he didnt want to be part of it anymore. I think i even have the newspaper article somewhere in my room.
    If you do have that article, that would be awesome if you could just summarize the main points. I was just curious about that man. He might've saved WDW, but still...anyway, thanks for everyone's responses!

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10

Michael Eisner will soon announce that he has taken an executive position at Six Flags

I am all for this if he can get ride of the smell that seems to be at the Arlington Six Flags.

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    It wasnt a very long article.

Eisner cuts las ties to Disney
    Eisner, who stepped down last week as cheif executive of the Walt Disney Co., has resigned his seat on the company's board of directors, Disney said Thurs.
    Eisner and the co have severed all ties in a surprise move that means he will not serve as a consultant as he had been entitled to do under his emplyment agreement
    Eisner "no longer provides any services" for Disney, the co said in a filing w/ the Securities and Exchange Commission
    Eisner resigned from the board Sept. 30 his last day as CEO, accordin to the filing. Disney's former president and chief operating officer, Robert Iger, succeeded Eisner the next day.
    Eisner who led the media and theme park co for 21 years had been expected to remain on the board until next spring when Disney will elect a new board.
    At one time, Eisner had hoped to continue a relationship w/ Disney, perhaps even as board chairman. BUt since Iger was named in March to succeed him, Eisner has stepped aside and allowed Iger to run the co even watching as Iger ended a 2-year feud w/ dissident ex-director Roy Disney who has pushed for Eisner's removal.

Fri. Oct 7 2005
    Star Tribune
    Burbank, Calif
    Associated Press

I hope there arnt any speling errors that will hamper the reading of the article but im not gonna go proofread it bc thats just too much work lol
    even though i just typed it all up
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    I actually do have a rumor about Michael Eisner, but may just have to make you wait for the next podcast...

OK, Lou...that's mean..

Well.... here you go... Here's my rumor:

Thanks, I guess. Like you said, I'll have to wait until the next podcast. Hopefully you'll add that to it, just to clear things up for me. But thanks, though.

Thank you.

MKRsrtMonorail is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Why don't many people like Eisner. He did some major development of the World, such as Disney-MGM Studios, The resort explosion, Animal Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, and all of Downtown Disney???? In addition he seemed to have passion for the original ideas behind the World.
    :mickey:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast