Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Boy Who Died On Disney Ride Had Heart Condition in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS Now I hope the media will stop jumping to conclusions when it comes to thing like this and stop trying to make Disney out to be ...
    Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    Now I hope the media will stop jumping to conclusions when it comes to thing like this and stop trying to make Disney out to be a scapegoat.

My prayers go out this family.
    Don't hold your breath Jedi. American media is based around sensationalism, not that they are all to blame. Our culture feeds upon it, and the news media realizes this and dishes it out. Did we really need to see all the photos of people dead in the water after the hurricanes hit? No. Did we all look at the devastation.. of course we did. We like controversery, we like tragedy. The only crime of the media is that they perpetuate fear in America, and they do it because we react to it. Bird Flu, seriously.. I think they are just making things up now.

I'm starting to think being rational isn't a trait common among humans anymore. So many people throw it out the door so easily.

So the media will continue to blow up any controversial story around Disney. Because everyone knows Disney, everyone loves Disney and everyone will react to the shock of the news.

So sit down infront of the evening news and pull up your bag of popcorn, because the folks at the news station has something to shock you, scare you, delight you and make you cry. It's every movie rolled into one, and it's all supposed to be true, which makes it even more shocking, scary and delightful.

Be well and be rational

Tom

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Well they ought love this then:

Let see them make this out to be Disney fault

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    my gf forwarded me an e-mail she got from someone with that picture and a description that said "first case of the bird flu recorded in the US" or something like that. As soon as I saw the picture, my first reaction was "I don't get it. That's not IN the US!"

It took me another second or so to realize it was just someone (probably a little less familiar with all the various castles) trying to be funny. Yeah... I got a giggle out of it then, but my initial reaction kinda ruined the overall effect for me I think.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella
    Thanx for the update.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

mountainflowers is offline A-Ticket holder
    its sad, we were there that day on our honeymoon, i felt so bad i couldnt have helped in anyway.. i have advanced pediatric life support training....but never heard that there was an emergency of any sort, otherwise would have responded to the area. when the hurricanes happened last year in the fall, we were there for a big one and disney shut down. disney asked for all medical personnel to check in with their front deskl to know who and where anyone was for an emergency...
    Elizabeth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12