Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Club Cool Opens... in the News & Rumors forums; It's only December and I'm already sick of snow... when you already have more than a foot out your window you start to get like that!...
    Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW
    It's only December and I'm already sick of snow... when you already have more than a foot out your window you start to get like that!

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    It was closed on my last trip and I never knew about it before so I have never been. I look forward to going sometime. Pics look great!

akur is offline 1 hour's drive to WDW.

Darn!

I liked the Costa Rican fruit drink also. The build a cup is $2.50? That's not too bad. Maybe I'll do that.
    Ana The Librarian

I trade books! See my available list at:
    Books available

Have books to trade? Join Paperback Swap

esigsby is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Last edited by esigsby; 02-14-2007 at 05:41 PM.

Miabear123 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I never new about "Cool Club" either. So please clarify for me. Is free to sample the soda and if you want to make a cup is an option. Looking for any other details? Where in Epcot is this located? This looks like something my daughter would enjoy. Do they as sell food?

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miabear123
    I never new about "Cool Club" either. So please clarify for me. Is free to sample the soda and if you want to make a cup is an option. Looking for any other details? Where in Epcot is this located? This looks like something my daughter would enjoy. Do they as sell food?
    Yep, you got it. Club Cool offers free samples of various Coca-Cola products from around the world. They also have a shop with where you can buy various Coke merchaindise, including the build-a-cup option (you take a cup and stick it between a hat and shoes of your choice to give it a personality all its own). No food is sold at Club Cool, but if you're hungry, there is food right next door at Fountainview Espresso and Bakery.

Club Cool is located in Futureworld, just past the Fountain of Nations on your right side (West) if facing the World Showcase Lagoon.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

disneytourguide is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Actually....the Fountainview Bakery is closed half the time.......I dont think Ive seen it open in years. You are better off going across the fountain to the Electric Umbrella for food (The Land's food is WAY over priced and too little is given). For bakery goods, I'd recommend going all the way to France to their pastry shop....heavenly deserts there.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneytourguide
    Actually....the Fountainview Bakery is closed half the time.......I dont think Ive seen it open in years. You are better off going across the fountain to the Electric Umbrella for food (The Land's food is WAY over priced and too little is given). For bakery goods, I'd recommend going all the way to France to their pastry shop....heavenly deserts there.
    Thanks dtg, for pointing out the limited hours at Fountainview. It's always open when I'm there, so I didn't even think to look into that. I suggested Fountainview because of its proximity to Club Cool, because I was assuming that Miabear wanted someplace close that didn't need another set of directions. Fountainview is always open when I'm there, but that's probably because I'm always in Futureworld first thing in the mornings (I always like to be there for rope drop at 9) and Fountainview is open at 9am, serves breakfast items until 10:30, and then remains open until 1pm when it closes for the day. So it's always open when I want it to be.

But yes, as disneytourguide suggests, if you are arriving later in the day and are interested in more of a lunch or dinner-type thing, you are best to consult your guidemap and see what tickles your fancy. EPCOT is full of great choices. I recommend eating your way around the World Showcase, personally. The Electric Umbrella just doesn't have enough variety for me, and Sunshine Seasons (The Land counter service) doesn't really offer anything that I'm dying to try.
    -Don-

Very True. The Electric Umbrella is your standard Disney Park affair with chicken strips and fries, the burgers and whatnot...very similar to its cousin across the lake at American Adventure. So for the folks out there....it really all comes down to price range and flavors at EPCOT. At Mexico, Morocco, Japan, and a few others I can't think of this instant give you 2 choices in prices....moderate to high and the quality in general varies with it. But I do agree with eating around the world showcase, especially during the food/wine festival is very fun..albeit pricy..but thats Disney.
    But about the Fountainview...I definetly see your point in that its right next door to club cool....shame it isn't open longer...but there are substitutes....ok im being very redundant tonight.....

Actually, you may want to note that some of the food places around the world showcase aren't bad in price at all. In Mexico, for instance, you can choose the more costly San Angel Inn, which is the indoor seated restaurant overlooking El Rio del Tiempo, or you can settle for La Cantina de San Angel, which is across the street and offers a pleasant little outdoor counter service locale with a bar and ample seating overlooking the World Showcase Lagoon. it's quite nice, and although I've only had the Wet Burrito there, it was a large amount of food (it filled me up!) for a relatively low price ($7.49 according to allearsnet). You can expect to spend at least that if not more at a place like the Electric Umbrella.
    -Don-

Well Actually I kinda like the Cantina....however..as for the one of the Spanish Teachers at my high school says, "If you want reallly greasy nasty Mexican knockoffs...you should go to the Cantina, if you want some real good Mexican food, go inside." But yeah hence why I also listed Japan (Yakitori House) instead of the Mitsukoshi Restaurant and Morocco (Tangerine Cafe) instead of the more elegant one in the back of Morocco (insert name here).

Quote Originally Posted by disneytourguide
    ...the more elegant one in the back of Morocco (insert name here).
    Restaurant Marrakesh... don't ask me how I can remember this name, but somehow I do. At least it's not difficult to pronounce, too. I can't even attempt to pronounce Akershus (in Norway) without cracking a grin!
    -Don-

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    That looks awesome! I love the bright colors and theming!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    Restaurant Marrakesh... don't ask me how I can remember this name, but somehow I do. ...
    Oh yeah......Thanks! Lol...I could have pulled out my Epcot maps and looked (Japanese or English) but I was typing up an essay that second...lol. Thanks once again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12