Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Club Cool Opens... in the News & Rumors forums; Ice Station Cool is now reopened as Club Cool. Here are some pictures of what it looks like now CLICK HERE TO VIEW PICTURES it looks nice for the most ...
    kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder

Post Club Cool Opens...

Ice Station Cool is now reopened as Club Cool.
    Here are some pictures of what it looks like now
    CLICK HERE TO VIEW PICTURES

it looks nice for the most part.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Nice! They still have free drinks! I was afraid the 'free' part was going to disappear when the old theme did. I think they need something like this in ALL the parks! Thanks Kyle!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Tampa is offline No longer in service

I never had chance to see the first Station, so I'm excited to see it!!!

Thanks!

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    It looks AWESOME kinda like a old time soda shop a little bit. It's cute, best of all, the drinks are still FREE!(not too much of that in WDW eh?)
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnie_Mouse007
    It's cute, best of all, the drinks are still FREE!(not too much of that in WDW eh?)
    I hear that! I loved ice station cool, partly because the theming was neat, but most of all because it was the only place i could get a free drink that wasn't Florida-flavored sulfer water! And it was just fun to hang out and watch the unsuspecting try new things. So now that the theme has been taken away, it is a little less enticing to me, but I know I'll still certainly stop by and see it, for the free drinks if nothing else.
    -Don-

Club Cool Review

I stopped by club cool on Saturday (11/26). The entrance is just a pair of automatic sliding doors that open into building. There are bubbles on both the stationary AND moving sections of the door, and I'm convinced there is probably a hidden mickey i those bubbles somewhere (probably when the door is in transit between opening and closing and the two doors overlap... but in the little time I spent there I couldn't find any). The store is much smaller (this is a good thing...), and the build-a-cup thing is pretty cute. The drinks themselves are pretty much the same, except now the machines will dispense the same amount regardless of whether you tap the lever on the nozzle or hold it down, preventing spill-overs, but also preventing getting "just a sip". So one way or the other, you're getting an almost full cup. it's a good thing the cups are small.

I spoke with a CM there (Melanie, I believe, assuming I got the right name with the right face) about the amount of soda they go through, even with the bizarre flavors. She didn't have very precise amounts for me, but she was able to assure me that they go through "a lot", even with the bizarre flavors. In fact, Beverly, the drink most of us love to hate (even though I have to admit it's growing on me), is the one that requires changing over the most often... probably because of everyone daring their friends to try it. She also told me that when someone asks her what her favorite drink is, she tells them Beverly. Then when they try it and are repulsed by it, she then comments that "You didn't ask which was my favorite TO DRINK!!!"

(Still a cool place, but I do miss the ice theme )

Doors. (Note the bubbles on the doors)

Inside

Build-A-Cup
    Last edited by MainStreet, USA; 11-28-2005 at 06:03 PM. Reason: got my pics and notes together to straighten a few things out
    -Don-

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW

great pics thanks =)

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    for a second I thought that green one was called "Knifey."

then I couldn't decide whether I would want to try that one or not.

(I tried to post the pic, but it's the one on the other site of all the drink fountains)

If we can dream it, we can do it

disneytourguide is offline B-Ticket Holder
    If anything, the selection is worse than before, they cut out Costa Rica (well that was before refurbishment), but that was the best one there, tasted like bubble gum. And Thailand (which angets me a bit since I am Thai) for reasons unknown, and was my dad's favorite soda of all time. Least its free, but it has seen better days.

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    My fave is Mezzo Mix and the chinese one. we stopped by there twice yesterday, and the CM was like, "Back for more, princess?" and I was like, "Heck yea!"
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!

AimeeBelle is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The thing that bothered me most about Ice Station Cool was how your sneakers would stick to the floor. I doubt that has changed.

And I don't need to see snow . . all I have to do is look outside, and I can see plenty of snow.
    Aimee

Quote Originally Posted by AimeeBelle

.......And I don't need to see snow . . all I have to do is look outside, and I can see plenty of snow.
    I'm with you

see I would LOVE to see snow, but that's just 'cause we don't have real snow down here in FL! Unless you're at Disney, then you can see snow!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast