Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Card Walker dies at age 89 in the News & Rumors forums; E. Cardon Walker, third leader of The Walt Disney Co., dies at age 89. Associated Press BURBANK, Calif. - E. Cardon "Card" Walker, who led The Walt Disney Co. after ...
    MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Card Walker dies at age 89

E. Cardon Walker, third leader of The Walt Disney Co., dies at age 89.

Associated Press

BURBANK, Calif. - E. Cardon "Card" Walker, who led The Walt Disney Co. after the death of co-founder Roy O. Disney, has died at age 89, Disney officials said Wednesday.

Walker died of congestive heart failure on Monday at his home in La Canada Flintridge, the company said.

Walker helped lead the company through a difficult transition after the death of Walt Disney in 1966. As a board member from 1960 until 1983, he was instrumental in helping to expand the company's theme parks, including the purchase and development of 28,000 acres in central Florida that later became Walt Disney World.

He became president of the company in 1971, the year Roy O. Disney died and Walt Disney World opened.

Click here for the rest of the story....

Another Disney legend passes

Rest in Peace Card.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I'm afraid of what the new generation might bring. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised. Rest in peace, Card, and thank you.

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Wow thanks for the info. I think the new Disney "leaders" could learn a thing or two from his example.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Ellura is offline Fastpass Holder
    I hope the newest members of the Disney Executive Team take a good look at all he accomplished and become inspired.
    Last edited by Ellura; 12-01-2005 at 04:55 PM.
    Ellura

"You may not like my methods but you'll surely know my name!'"

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I know you meant that respectfully but you could read that you want others to do what he just recently did and not his Disney accomoplishments.

Sorry but I have been grading papers and I see things that might not be there.

Ellura is offline Fastpass Holder
    I did not mean that at all. Let me reword or just take it off.
    Ellura

"You may not like my methods but you'll surely know my name!'"