Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Winnie the Pooh replaces Chris Robin? in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Dragonrider1227 Isn't that just the way? You stick with your bear for more tha 50 years and he ditches you for a younger, cuter, female. HILARIOUS!!!!!...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider1227
    Isn't that just the way? You stick with your bear for more tha 50 years and he ditches you for a younger, cuter, female.
    HILARIOUS!!!!!

kree is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I was just wondering why they can't work a human friend into the 100 Acre Wood. Think of the possibilities.... She can bring her 'friends'.... Disney could potentially create an entire 'spin-off' set of characters while still preserving A.A. Milne's classic characters. Removing Christopher Robin seems so wrong to me- the character is based on the author's own son.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I have always been under the impression that Pooh and his pals are Christopher Robin's toys/stuffed animals, and that their adventures all come from his imagination, i.e. him playing with them. so, in that case, without him, there are no adventures or misadventures in the Wood. that's like having a Wizard of Oz without Dorothy!!!! it makes no sense.

If we can dream it, we can do it

KINGCRAB is offline Annual Passholder
    Excuse me?! Darby is NOT a replacement for Christopher Robin. She's just a new human kid friend for Pooh, Tigger, et al to play with, especially when Christopher's not around (he started going to school, remember).

So, please, do not give in to false alarms like that. It only causes mass hysteria and does nothing but cause aggravation to lots of people, not just yourselves.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    LOL...calm down...it's ok really....lol.....the thread is from 2 years ago. It was fun discussing what was going to happen, kinda like a book club discussing a sequel to a really good novel...psst...they are characters from a book you know.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider1227 View Post
    Isn't that just the way? You stick with your bear for more tha 50 years and he ditches you for a younger, cuter, female.

Good material never ages! Glad someone pulled this up, I wasn't a DWT gal back then. What a riot!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    OMG...all this time (and since I am too lazy to look at ppls profiles) I thot you were a guy. EEEK>>>SORRY! I thot the name GABE had the long sound A like in the word CAVE. LOL Is it actually pronounced Gabby? Sorry **sheepish grin...LOL Hard to tell sometimes.

So it was you that stole Pooh away from Christopher Robin? LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    OMG...all this time (and since I am too lazy to look at ppls profiles) I thot you were a guy. EEEK>>>SORRY! I thot the name GABE had the long sound A like in the word CAVE. LOL Is it actually pronounced Gabby? Sorry **sheepish grin...LOL Hard to tell sometimes.

So it was you that stole Pooh away from Christopher Robin? LOL

It wasn't until the Beta launch that I realized I didn't have a profile! Gotta do that yet.

Gabe (to some Gabby, yes)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12