Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Winnie the Pooh replaces Chris Robin? in the News & Rumors forums; Did anyone catch this People online article about the Winnie the Pooh girl buddy makeover? http://people.aol.com/people/article...C.html,00.html Winnie the Pooh gets a new friend: a girl December 13, 2005 20:40:45 Winnie ...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

Winnie the Pooh replaces Chris Robin?

Did anyone catch this People online article about the Winnie the Pooh girl buddy makeover?

http://people.aol.com/people/article...C.html,00.html

Winnie the Pooh gets a new friend: a girl

December 13, 2005 20:40:45

Winnie the Pooh

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Beat it Christopher Robin. It's time Winnie the Pooh had a girl friend.

The Walt Disney Co. is planning a new Winnie the Pooh television series for 2007 plans which will have an as yet unnamed six-year-old girl as the core character instead of young Robin, a company spokeswoman said.

But she cautioned that the new character "is not a replacement for Christopher Robin" and added that the role of the character based on author A.A. Milne's son in the upcoming series is still to be determined, although it will not be central.

Nonetheless, the girl will be the star as she moves next door to the beloved characters created by the English author about 80 years ago -- Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore, Kang and Roo plus a new character, Lumpy, introduced in a recent Pooh movie.

The Disney Co. spokeswoman, Patti McTeague, said a 22-minute pilot was produced and tested worldwide in focus groups of preschoolers and parents, all to very positive feedback.

The series will be produced by Disney Television Animation and is scheduled to premiere in 2007 on Disney channels around the globe.

"The new character introduced in the series was crafted because the focus of the series is on interactive learning, and she will have a specific role in advancing the curriculum and will 'break the fourth wall' to speak directly to the preschool age viewer," McTeague said.

huh?!??!?!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    WHAT!!! so what's gonna happen to christopher robin.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    a new character, Lumpy

AHA! That's what that thing was at the Disney Store! It was a purple, elephant-like creature that we bought for my aunt for her birthday (she loves purple, she loves elephants, she loves stuffed animals, and her collection was wiped out by Katrina)...and it rang up on the reciept as "Lumpy." One mystery solved!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    HMMMM....sounding like they are going to make it a sort of Blue's Clues type show with a live action person and animated type backgrounds from the interactive learning bit in the article....Also judging from the way it sounds that C.R. wont be written out, how many of you want to take bets that the little girl will wind up being a descendant (daughter, granddaughter, neice) of his?
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Nicole, Mbabe started a thread last week about this. http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...istopher+RObin It is crazy isn't it?!!? Sometimes you just have to wonder what Disney is thinking????? Or aren't they????

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Okay now what with all the attetion to adding yet another girl character to the Disney universe. Don't they realize that there are a lot of little boys that would like to see another little boy like C.R. playing with the character. I don't get the whole focus of there products just toward girls. It a shame they should have more boy focus stuff like the heros of Disney or something,

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle

Red face

I was thinking the same thing Jedi, have Christopher play and interact with a buddy (a little boy at that), have him to have a friend and he introduces the little boy to his 100 acre wood friends.
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Nicole, Mbabe started a thread last week about this. http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...istopher+RObin It is crazy isn't it?!!? Sometimes you just have to wonder what Disney is thinking????? Or aren't they????
    Yes, saw the thread, then found this People article and it was the first time I saw another media source confirm it, so I wanted to post that for discussion.

Olmec, as far as Lumpy, it was introduced in the last Pooh Movie Disney released last year, Lumpy is adorable!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Oh, I didn't see that movie, so I wouldn't know. Thanks for sharing, though!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    Oh, I didn't see that movie, so I wouldn't know. Thanks for sharing, though!
    See, you need to travel to the theatre with me some time with three little kids. We see all the Disney off shoots...the Piglet's Big Movie, the Tigger Movie, Roo's recent outing....oh yea! That's my life now!!

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder
    AHA! That's what that thing was at the Disney Store! It was a purple, elephant-like creature that we bought for my aunt for her birthday (she loves purple, she loves elephants, she loves stuffed animals, and her collection was wiped out by Katrina)...and it rang up on the reciept as "Lumpy." One mystery solved!
    I believe what you are describing is a Heffalump.....lol

you need to see the Heffalump movie........he really is wayyyyyyyyyy too cute

remember the original song.......heffalumps and woozles???

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Heffalumps and woozles are very confusals... cause hefflalumps and woozles are very sly
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Isn't that just the way? You stick with your bear for more tha 50 years and he ditches you for a younger, cuter, female.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider1227
    Isn't that just the way? You stick with your bear for more tha 50 years and he ditches you for a younger, cuter, female.
    ****snort....funny
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider1227
    so true!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast