Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Toy Story Dining coming? in the News & Rumors forums; Forgive me if this has been listed somewhere, but I was surfing around, came across the Disney Auditions page, and saw this announcement that makes me think there is a ...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

Toy Story Dining coming?

Forgive me if this has been listed somewhere, but I was surfing around, came across the Disney Auditions page, and saw this announcement that makes me think there is a new Charecter dining experience coming to the Disney MGM:

Disney Audition's is seeking actors to portray the role of Sarge from Toy Story for an exciting, new character dining experience at the Disney-MGM Studios. Full-time, part-time, and substitute positions are available.
    http://corporate.disney.go.com/audit...cersinger.html

Does anyone have some info about this, it is the first I had heard about it....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Hadn't heard about it, but it's about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MGM is in desperate need of a character meal and WDW can certainly use one more directed towards boys. Looks pretty promising if they are posting for CM's!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Where would it be? Would they perhaps re-furbish one of the existiting restaurants, or build a new one?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I dunno. Seems like they could make Hollywood and Vine back in to a charecter restaurant or another spot, but I am not sure....oh Lou?!?!?!? Help!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Mouseman is offline B-Ticket Holder
    It would be neat if they built it right next to Al's Toy Barn where the character greeting spot is. The theming is already in place. That's assuming they would build a new one. Or modify Pizza Planet. Any opinions?

If I were to guess I would say that they are not building a new restaurant. I would figure that they will probably use Hollywood and Vine...that's where the last character meal was held.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    That would be pretty neat. Especially if it is designed to interest boys.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I was planning to touch on this on the next podcast, but IMHO, the logical choice would be Pizza Planet. Why, Lou? Why??

Well, my thought is this: The theming is, for the most part, there. Second, I think the food at PP is downright awful. The pizza (remember, I come the NY/NJ area, where pizza rules), is not very good, and I'm usually not very critical of the food at WDW. Also, I think the location is ideal, as it would draw sit-down diners to a corner of the park which is often not all that crowded.

Also, I think this addresses the "no boys-themed character meals" issue, which had plagued WDW for some time.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Good point Lou....they could revamp Pizza Planet. It certainly wouldn't hurt them to lose it in it's current status. I'm just thrilled that they are finally listening to those of us who have been asking for a boys themed character meal for years now! I cannot tell you how many times I've filled out a comment card or sent emails regarding this issue.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    ...Just the whole experience would be cool!!!! I love Toy Story and the characters!!!!

If I remember rightly, I think I went to my first character b'fast at H&V back in 1999?!?! After b'fast, we cut through the 'back streets' to ToT and that was the first ride of the day - straight after eating!!!!!!!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Even though I am a girl, I LOVE Toy Story!!!!!!! And think that boys desserve a character b-fast in WDW too. They'd be doing us ALL a favor, lol.
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    It should be at H&V.

AlecTronic is offline Fear The Ears
    Well, like Lou said on the podcast, Pizza Planet would be the logical choice.

Just saw this on www.mouseplanet.com

Beyond Breakfast and Beyond

It's looking like the Breakfast and Beyond character dining experience at Hollywood & Vine at the Disney-MGM Studios will be delayed a little longer. We're now hearing rumors that the meal will not begin service until the beginning of June. Another rumor that we're starting to hear is that the character meal will take place at both breakfast and lunch, possibly endangering the working name of the meal.

Reportedly, characters at the meal will include a virtual "Who's Who" of Pixar characters, including Buzz Lightyear, Sarge (of Green Army Men fame) and Mr. Incredible. Of course, none of this is final until they actually start holding the event.

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC
    Great news.................MGM really needs a "Charactor Meal"
    Any updates if its really going to happen &...........when??
    I,m hoping for "Hollywood & Vine " to get it.....& TOY STORY was my favourite Disney Parade ( & film ) so here,s hoping

I Belle
    Maggie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast