Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Everest SPOLIER thread in the News & Rumors forums; Nice review. I myself have ridden Expedition Everest. It's a really good ride. I can't wait to ride it again. The yeti kinda freaked me out though. lol...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Nice review. I myself have ridden Expedition Everest.
    It's a really good ride. I can't wait to ride it again. The yeti kinda freaked me out though. lol
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Lilo_and_Stitch is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Argh! I have to wait like 4 months to ride!

"Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them!"
    I love
    Faith, Trust and

March 2005 All Star Movies
    July 2007 Yacht & Beach Club

jsreg is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    I haven't been since New Year's!!!
    Yes, that is
    LOOOOONG for me
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    Nice review. I myself have ridden Expedition Everest.
    It's a really good ride. I can't wait to ride it again. The yeti kinda freaked me out though. lol
    Not to be rude, but how did you ride Everest when you haven't been since New Years? Public previews didn't start till late Jan, even for Cast.

fancythemouse is offline C-Ticket Holder
    i'll be going in june too!!
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007
    DLR April 2007 - 3 goofy generations' Disneyland Reunion!

disneytourguide is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The yeti didn't phase me.....the tunnel under him,however, thats a different story. Loved the headchopper effect.
    Last edited by disneytourguide; 02-27-2006 at 07:27 PM. Reason: for got a word

xbeccahx is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I can't wait to ride this ride, but I'm a little scared of drops and such. Is the drop unbearably high?
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic. - Sam the Eagle

SaintRob is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by xbeccahx
    I can't wait to ride this ride, but I'm a little scared of drops and such. Is the drop unbearably high?
    It's probably about the same as Splash Mountain I'd guess. But instead of instantly slowing down after the drop, you get whipped around back inside.

The drop at Expedition Everest is about 50 feet...so figure bout 5 stories. Now depending upon your experience this might sound big. But considering the biggest drops at Space Mountain are roughly the same height, Tower of Terror is about 150 feet of falling..note not all at once.. and I've survived drops of 200 ft before (20 stories) you have nothing to worry about. What I do reccommend is avoid sitting in the back, you'll feel that negative G feeling that causes you to be scared of drops for much longer as the front of the train pulls you out of the mountain. If anything, you are better off sitting all the way up front, the view is the best, and the feeling of the drop is minimized. And....you dont have to follow this if you dont want to, but the best seat for positive lateral g forces (that heavy feeling) is the the right seat of any car (forward motion of the train).

xbeccahx is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thank you so much for all the great info! I used to love rollercoasters, I've even been on the ToT like drop at the top of the Stratosphere in Vegas, but I guess I developed some sort of anxiety condition... I really want to go on the rides, but it ****s when you feel like you're ready to have an anxiety attack at any moment. Plus it doesn't help when your husband is not reassuring you like he should be, but instead is also having an anxiety attack!
    I'm gonna try my hardest to go on the coasters, though. Wish me luck!
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic. - Sam the Eagle

Well you cant forget.....you aren't gonna die on these things. You really do have a better chance of getting a scratch from a sheet of paper (ok so Expedition Everest is a bit rough and I think I've gotten a few bruises from it, but least i learned keep your arm inside the seat and dont use the seat boundaries as arm rests). But knowing your limits is important too, feeling dizzy, off balance to the point you fall over, or any severe lack of comfort is grounds to view from the sidelines until you feel better (at disney that only takes a few mins). And of course, ENJOY YOUR STAY!

SaintRob is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneytourguide
    But knowing your limits is important too, feeling dizzy, off balance to the point you fall over, or any severe lack of comfort is grounds to view from the sidelines until you feel better (at disney that only takes a few mins). And of course, ENJOY YOUR STAY!
    Mission Space had me nauseated for about an hour and a half after riding. It wasn't so bad during the simulation, but actually started after I got off and was walking around afterwards. I didn't ride anything for a while after that.

Well thats Mission Space ..simply a very fancy centrafuge. Most centralfuges (yes I know I cant spell it right) are meant to test when people black out...I remember from Cast Member Previews, I got to ride with my friend, and it was so much fun the first time...but that was the first time I ever felt 3-3.5 Gs. I still felt the sinking feeling after I got home at 9pm. But that also turned out to be the first day I got on RNR....my best day at disney ever.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Quote Originally Posted by jsreg
    Not to be rude, but how did you ride Everest when you haven't been since New Years? Public previews didn't start till late Jan, even for Cast.
    They didn't? They let me on? Quite weird indeed!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    Here is my review of EE.

Overall: B

Themeing: A+

The que and surrounding area is great and very well detailed. Lots to look at when you are in line. The statue of the Yeti holding the mountain can be found all around the attraction and that area of the park. The Yeti is holding up the mountain in his left hand and pushing back unwanted visitors with his right hand to protect the mountain.

Just like the Haunted Mansion, Everest has many faces watching you at all times. The Yeti is carved into everything.

You will have to wait longer to sit in the front two seats but it is worth it at least once. If coasters are not for you, sit in the middle areaHere is my review of EE.

Overall: B

Themeing: A+

The que and surrounding area is great and very well detailed. Lots to look at when you are in line. The statue of the Yeti holding the mountain can be found all around the attraction and that area of the park. The Yeti is holding up the mountain in his left hand and pushing back unwanted visitors with his right hand to protect the mountain.

Just like the Haunted Mansion, Everest has many faces watching you at all times. The Yeti is carved into everything.

You will have to wait longer to sit in the front two seats (seperate line) but it is worth it at least once. If coasters are not for you, sit in the middle area it seems to be the calmest of the areas to ride.

Once you leave the station you climb the first small lift. The lift speed is fairly quick. This lift is short and dumps you into a calm little area where you can see one of two waterfalls from the mountain. Now its time for the big hill. Again the lift is very quick. Detailing here is extreme as you would expect of Disney. The little village you can see from the ground is detailed inside to include another picture/drawing of the Yeti among other things. The view of AK/WDW is decen from here. Once to the top don't expect anything fast or sudden. A small drop (under 10 ft) and a quick turn take you to the backside of the mountain. This is where you make your first stop as the track in front of you is twisted apart. This is where the front row seat gets a great view. You can not only see WDW landmarks, but downtown Orlando as well. One DIsney detail here that does not get really noticed is the 'bird'. Not sure what bird it is but it seems to hover at the mountain peak on the left side of the train. Suddenly you hear and feel thetrack giving way and the train start to move backwards increasing speed. You are now heading backwards into the mountain where it is pitch black and can not see a thing. You do apx two circles inside the mountain when your train stops in a fog/haze and you can see (animation) of the trains track being ripped apart by the Yeti. Without warning you are sent forward down a big drop and back into the mountain. -this drop is the one you can see from the pathway in front of the mountain- Once you go back into the mountain you are sent out the back side doing two more circles before being sent back into the mountain. Once back in the mountain you get to see the Yeti, for about 5 seconds. He is very large and impressive. Look to your upper right as you reenter for a few seconds longer view. The Yeti is tearing apart the track and is trying to knock the train your are in off the track. This AA creature is very lifelike and impressive. Once you exit the mountain you are back at the station.

The overall ride is not very fast or extreme on the thrill factor. It is the Disney storyline that make this a good ride. I was expecting more from the attraction. The onride photos are not yet operational. One cool thing to watch for is the track switch. If you are in the forward part of the train you are more likely to see it happen. The track lifts up, twist, then set back down.
    Great Review! but you missed one part.Its the part when you go down the backwords drop and then you go up reald fast and it feel like your going up side down! i went on it twice it was great! i posted a thread on questions about EE check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by disneytourguide
    The drop at Expedition Everest is about 50 feet...so figure bout 5 stories. Now depending upon your experience this might sound big. But considering the biggest drops at Space Mountain are roughly the same height, Tower of Terror is about 150 feet of falling..note not all at once.. and I've survived drops of 200 ft before (20 stories) you have nothing to worry about. What I do reccommend is avoid sitting in the back, you'll feel that negative G feeling that causes you to be scared of drops for much longer as the front of the train pulls you out of the mountain. If anything, you are better off sitting all the way up front, the view is the best, and the feeling of the drop is minimized. And....you dont have to follow this if you dont want to, but the best seat for positive lateral g forces (that heavy feeling) is the the right seat of any car (forward motion of the train).
    wrong the drop on EE is eighty feet!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast