Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Everest SPOLIER thread in the News & Rumors forums; NOTICE: INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE MAY GIVE AWAY INFORMATION AND SUPRISES OF THE ATTRACTION. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. Ok folks here it is the thread you can spill all ...
    TrendyMagic is offline On Mars

Everest SPOLIER thread

NOTICE:

INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE MAY GIVE AWAY INFORMATION AND SUPRISES OF THE ATTRACTION. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Ok folks here it is the thread you can spill all your Everest info.

Quote Originally Posted by disneybuff100
    Wow you peeps aren't as hyper about this as I thought you would!

I repeat!

THERE IS A RIDE THROUGH VIDEO AT www.distantcreations.com/insidethemagic

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    So trendy have you ridden it yet?
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

Here is my review of EE.

Overall: B

Themeing: A+

The que and surrounding area is great and very well detailed. Lots to look at when you are in line. The statue of the Yeti holding the mountain can be found all around the attraction and that area of the park. The Yeti is holding up the mountain in his left hand and pushing back unwanted visitors with his right hand to protect the mountain.

Just like the Haunted Mansion, Everest has many faces watching you at all times. The Yeti is carved into everything.

You will have to wait longer to sit in the front two seats but it is worth it at least once. If coasters are not for you, sit in the middle areaHere is my review of EE.

Overall: B

Themeing: A+

The que and surrounding area is great and very well detailed. Lots to look at when you are in line. The statue of the Yeti holding the mountain can be found all around the attraction and that area of the park. The Yeti is holding up the mountain in his left hand and pushing back unwanted visitors with his right hand to protect the mountain.

Just like the Haunted Mansion, Everest has many faces watching you at all times. The Yeti is carved into everything.

You will have to wait longer to sit in the front two seats (seperate line) but it is worth it at least once. If coasters are not for you, sit in the middle area it seems to be the calmest of the areas to ride.

Once you leave the station you climb the first small lift. The lift speed is fairly quick. This lift is short and dumps you into a calm little area where you can see one of two waterfalls from the mountain. Now its time for the big hill. Again the lift is very quick. Detailing here is extreme as you would expect of Disney. The little village you can see from the ground is detailed inside to include another picture/drawing of the Yeti among other things. The view of AK/WDW is decen from here. Once to the top don't expect anything fast or sudden. A small drop (under 10 ft) and a quick turn take you to the backside of the mountain. This is where you make your first stop as the track in front of you is twisted apart. This is where the front row seat gets a great view. You can not only see WDW landmarks, but downtown Orlando as well. One DIsney detail here that does not get really noticed is the 'bird'. Not sure what bird it is but it seems to hover at the mountain peak on the left side of the train. Suddenly you hear and feel thetrack giving way and the train start to move backwards increasing speed. You are now heading backwards into the mountain where it is pitch black and can not see a thing. You do apx two circles inside the mountain when your train stops in a fog/haze and you can see (animation) of the trains track being ripped apart by the Yeti. Without warning you are sent forward down a big drop and back into the mountain. -this drop is the one you can see from the pathway in front of the mountain- Once you go back into the mountain you are sent out the back side doing two more circles before being sent back into the mountain. Once back in the mountain you get to see the Yeti, for about 5 seconds. He is very large and impressive. Look to your upper right as you reenter for a few seconds longer view. The Yeti is tearing apart the track and is trying to knock the train your are in off the track. This AA creature is very lifelike and impressive. Once you exit the mountain you are back at the station.

The overall ride is not very fast or extreme on the thrill factor. It is the Disney storyline that make this a good ride. I was expecting more from the attraction. The onride photos are not yet operational. One cool thing to watch for is the track switch. If you are in the forward part of the train you are more likely to see it happen. The track lifts up, twist, then set back down.

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    Thanks trendy for the review! I hope to see you this weekend!
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    OMG THat sounds sooooooo cool!!!!!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

fancythemouse is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Oh good. I was glad to read that this ride is not really a rollercoaster because i'm...well...a wimp. haha
    Cristabel

DLR June 2004
    DLR Dec 2004
    WDW June 2006
    DLR Nov 2006
    DLR Jan 2007
    DLR April 2007 - 3 goofy generations' Disneyland Reunion!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I just wrote a review of EE in another thread, and I have to agree with trendy on pretty much all parts (except that I've only ridden once from closer to the rear of the train, and missed a lot of the details he says you can see from the front. i could not see the track switch, didn't notice the bird, could not see the view beyond the mountain from the twisted track section of the ride, and although I noticed a lot of the yeti drawings all around everest outside the mountain and in the queue area, i only saw one or two actually on the ride. I do agree that the ride lacked something in terms of thrills, but i think the theming and story more than made up for it.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Just a reminder to write your review if you have encountered the Yeti!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    And check out our audio and video ride-throughs in the Downloads section *(end shameless plug here)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

dougitmcnuggit is offline Cedar Point New Coaster '07!!
    Frontiertown, Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio, USA
    Would it be an impunishible sin to post a pic of the Yeti here?

Lilo_and_Stitch is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Im going in June, can't wait!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    i rode it 3 times back to back.

my purpose was to insure that our vmk everest build was on the money, and it is!

Surprisingly, the sneek-peek opening that day had NO line! I would have rode more but I got a light stomach.

I don't like how cracks of light were visible during the intense part of the backwards drop, that was a bummer, but besides that, this ride owns!

I think the bird at the peak is a hawk or an eagle. As you enter into the stopping portion of the ride, look to the top left mountain peak. You'll see the bird moving backwards in a "reset" motion (so lame..), and it will fly out again as you drop.

This ride is a must see as the que will take multiple visits to be able to read it all and take it all in.

two up from me!

disneytourguide is offline B-Ticket Holder
    You can find my review at wdwmagic.com under disneytourxpt...sorry I cant get a link up this second.

SaintRob is offline A-Ticket holder
    I posted these in another thread, but they should fit in here as well... enjoy!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Nice review. I myself have
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast