Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Everest disappoints CM previewers with "technical difficulties" in the News & Rumors forums; Even though I know I'll be getting another shot to preview next week during AP previews, just the idea of being able to ride during Cast previews a week earlier ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

Everest disappoints CM previewers with "technical difficulties"

Even though I know I'll be getting another shot to preview next week during AP previews, just the idea of being able to ride during Cast previews a week earlier had me giddy all day long. My gf, a brand ner CPer, got me a guest pass, and one of her new roomies got one for my roomie, and the four of us were in line, excited to be there, and then all of a sudden the ride stopped. I could see one of the trains stopped on the lift hill, and they were very carefully pulling riders out of the cars. We waited for about another half hour after they officially announced the "difficulties", but still no progress had been made. Once they started announcing that they "were unsure if they would be able to recover from this today", we decided to go so that we could get good seats for Fantasmic over at MGM. We were all a little more than bummed. I told my gf that if she had next Saturday off that I was taking her as my guest this time to APs... but what are the odds of that, right?

So... anyone else get turned away from EE yesterday? Anyone know what was wrong. I was talking to a photopass photographer at MK later that night and he was saying he'd heard some fellow CMs mentioning something about the brakes. I know that ride breakdowns aren't really a big deal, are usually short-term, and are especially common with new rides, but this seemed to be a fairly big issue at the time. I was just wondering if anyone else knew anything about it. I hope next week goes allright. I can't wait to ride!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Things like this happen during testing. Look how much trouble Soarin' had before opening.

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Difficulties

Everest was having soft opening all of last week. The two times I went to AK to ride it, however, the ride was down with those dreaded "difficulties"

That's ok, I now have another reason to go back (as if I needed one!)
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Hope they get the kinks worked out soon!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Question! Is anyone positive that April 22nd is the official opening for Expedition Everest? It figures that I would be going to Disney on the 17th UNTIL the 22nd... and I don't think I'm going to be able to get over to AK to ride it on that day.... but does anyone know if they might have like other opening days? I can remember I went on Soarin' a while before it was scheduled to open... and I thought this might be the same deal. ANYONE KNOW?
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    There will be soft openings happening from time to time, I'm sure. I rode it twice this past Saturday, for instance. You just have to go up to the ride and ask if its running, that's all.
    -Don-

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Hopefully Open!

That's good to know. I want to ride it really bad and will be down there until the 21st. I did get to check out Soarin' before it was officially open, so I am hoping the same for Expedition Everest.

-Scott:mickey:
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

HEY PEOPLES I WENT ON EXPEDITION EVEREST DURING THE PREVIEWS!!!! it was fun and there was no "technacial diffaculties"it was so fun!!! feel free to ask me any questions about the ride!

Official opening is April 7th

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I can't wait to ride it! I didn't think I'd like it at first because of the backwards bit. I thought it'd be like the rollarcoasters at Six Flags or something that are really violent when they go backwards, but this doesn't sound bad!

Karamie

The backwards part tickled ny stomach, but it is in the dark as well.

egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    April 7th sounds about right. I don't know where I saw April 22nd. I am just praying to WALT that I will be able to ride it sometime between April 17th and the 22nd. Thats all.
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

I originally heard that it would be officially opening on the 22nd as well, being DAKs 8th birthday and all, but more recently I have heard from a few sources that the 7th is the latest date. I'm not sure why the 7th was chosen though. The 22nd made more sense to me anyway. Is there any significance to this date?

I'm not complaining or anything... I'm sure a lot of people will be glad to see it open a few weeks earlier.
    -Don-

epcot_fan_wayne is offline A-Ticket holder
    It's April 7th supose to be anyway, and just in time for my birthday