Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss POTC additions confirmed @ AllEarsNet.com in the News & Rumors forums; News today about the additions being made to both DL and WDW's PotC reported at AllEarsNet.com: http://www.allearsnet.com/news/hnews.htm#020206...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

POTC additions confirmed @ AllEarsNet.com

News today about the additions being made to both DL and WDW's PotC reported at AllEarsNet.com:

http://www.allearsnet.com/news/hnews.htm#020206
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    OK, so I am excited about the additions, but if they close it in March....then if I get down there for a few days with my kids over Spring Break the end of march, my son will be devastated to not see PoTC! This should be cool tho!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

NOOOOOOOOOO! I was so hoping it wasn't true!!!! DH and DS are not going to be happy that we will be missing PotC in June! Plus BIL has never been and SIL hasn't been in 30 years! Bummer, bummer, bummer! Guess we will for sure be making that trip in October to ride it for the first time with Rich and Ann!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    NOOOOOOOOOO! I was so hoping it wasn't true!!!! DH and DS are not going to be happy that we will be missing PotC in June! Plus BIL has never been and SIL hasn't been in 30 years! Bummer, bummer, bummer! Guess we will for sure be making that trip in October to ride it for the first time with Rich and Ann!
    I started reading your post and was thinking the same as you posted on the end!!!!! lol
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    I couldn't agree more!!!! My trip begins June 9th - 18th! I am so bummed! My family has never been on it and they were looking forward to it this time! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *cross fingers* for an early opening!!!!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Sorry guys, but I kind of like this news. Of course, i would prefer if they held off on closing it until June so that I could have my fun for the rest of the semester first, but then they would be working through the busy summer season and during the time the movie is released. So i can see why they're going it in march. I still have time for a few more visits between now and then, so I can ride it a handful more times before it goes under the knife. And it sounds like it will come out pretty cool. I'm usually a bit of a Disney purist in that I would usually prefer to see the rides in their original state rather than see them "modernized", but for some reason I don't seem to mind this modernization. I think as long as they weave the new characters into the existing scenes without messing with them too badly or omitting any of them entirely, I think it will still retain its retro-Disney magic while adding a little something for the movie fans out there.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

clara is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I just learned this today too! I'm excited about the changes but really hope they preserve what's already there. We shall see!

Drink up me hearties!

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I like this change and can't wait to see it

I am bummed that it is going to be closed while we are there in June because we love the ride and never miss it. But I am more upset by the fact that my SIL who hasn't been to WDW in 30 years and her Husband who has NEVER been to WDW will not get to ride PotC. I think about all the people who may be making their trip of a lifetime to go to WDW to celebrate the Happiest Celebration on Earth only to be turned away from PotC, one of the classics that has helped build WDW into what it is today. I know if I were in that postition that I would be really upset.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 02-13-2006 at 04:15 PM.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page