Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Any news on how WDW fared after Charley? in the News & Rumors forums; I was on Hilton Head when Hugo hit on vacation. Went back to Chalelston several months later with a Boy Scout Troop to help do some clean up. Boats were ...
    TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    I was on Hilton Head when Hugo hit on vacation. Went back to Chalelston several months later with a Boy Scout Troop to help do some clean up. Boats were still sitting in the middle of the road.

I know a few of the Home Depots down here jacked up prices on some things. They are getting fined big time by the gov't right now, not to mentioned watched very carefully and inspected daily.

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse it does....

http://disneyworldtrivia.com/forums/...read.php?t=668

kmzairdetail is offline B-Ticket Holder

Hurricane Francis

Here it comes!!!! Watch out from the Keys on up the east coast.
    Thanks Bob!!!!!!! LV Tour 2005

Another View

Here is a pic I found online I though was real neat. The eye is almost over Kissimmee at this point, apx 8:30pm
    Last edited by TrendyMagic; 02-11-2007 at 03:21 PM.

Forgot to post this one:

Contemp Damage after Charley

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Here's some more "insider information" from another little bluebird that was apparently not made known to the general public! (A DWT.com exclusive?!!?)

After Charley, here was some of the unreported damage:

• American Gardens Theater - entire rear of the theater wall collapsed
    • Cirque du Soleil - Tent sustained major damage
    • Test Track - Awning damaged and torn down
    • Living Seas - Flooded - 300+ gallons of water leaked into the lounge and surrounding areas
    • Monorail - Monorail from TTA to Epcot closed for extended amount of time due to damage to monorail parked at Epcot station
    • Jungle Cruise - Closed for additional period of time due to attraction damage
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Jungle Cruise was scheduled to be closed for rehab Aug. 22 - Sept. 5th, and was closed when I was there on 8/25. There were plenty of trees downed by Charlie in the area between the Railroad and the attractions, so I'm sure they had a lot to clean up in there.

Didn't notice any problem with the American Gardens Theater; American Vybe was playing there last week.

The Test Track awning was indeed missing - the framework was intact, but no covering.

I read about the Circ tent on another site (sorry, Lou).

Can't confirm or deny the monorail, but it was working fine by the time I was there.
    Last edited by disneydame2004; 09-06-2004 at 11:48 AM. Reason: forgot something
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    I read about the Circ tent on another site
    And you should have on this one as well... I posted about it and even posted a pic...

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...php?photo=1558

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    It's interesting that you can't find info about the damage to WDW, except on sites like this. I would imagine Disney does not like to advertise any type of damage and/or interruption of service for fear of losing guests. The loss of the wall of the the American Theatre was a real shocker. We love to hear the concerts there. I wonder if they will just repair or have to knock down the whole building?
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    And you should have on this one as well... I posted about it and even posted a pic...

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/pho...php?photo=1558
    Sorry, I missed your posting the first time around. If it is any consolation, you had MUCH better pictures.

There are so many interesting threads on this site, and so little time to pursue them all.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    I'm sorry but the press release on Damage said that nothing to the extent of what was stated actually happened. I at least didnt see anything THE DAY OF AND AFTER CHARLEY. and I guess they did alright with frances too. The contemporary didi lose a few pannels from its roof, But nothing to close it and the monorails are actually running on schedule. The entire property maintained power throughout the storm and only got MINIMAL Plant damage. (flowers, trees, etc.)
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Sun
    I'm sorry but the press release on Damage said that nothing to the extent of what was stated actually happened. I at least didnt see anything THE DAY OF AND AFTER CHARLEY. and I guess they did alright with frances too.
    The damage was there. You just had to know where to look. The damage is still there just hidden with a bit of pixie dust. :mickey: Since Frances moved so slow they were able to prepare more for it than Charley... now onto Ivan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12