Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Apple to buy Disney? in the News & Rumors forums; Just saw this on another forum: http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Stor...eid=mktw&dist=...
    tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys

Apple to buy Disney?

Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Not again

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    doesn't smell right to me, can't put my finger on it. could see a partnership deal, but....

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thats all we need some huge apple with a bite taken out of it somewhere in one of the parks

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    I am going to blow up the ipod factories if they even ATTEMPT to do that!!!!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    If this would ever happen I don't know that I would go to Disney again. I don't believe this is what Walt would ever want for Disney.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

Big Cheese is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Yeah, just picture walking into Epcot & seeing a big red apple in SSE's place!
    TheBIGGEST,Little kid in the O Family!
    DISNEY ROCKS!
    WDW Dec. 75 - offsite
    WDW June 88 - Honeymoon, offsite
    WDW Feb. 2001 - All Star Sports
    WDW Dec. 2002 - All Star Music
    Disneyland April 2003 - offsite
    WDW Dec. 2005 - POP Century
    WDW Feb. 2007 - All Star Sports
    WDW Feb. 2008 - All Star Sports
    WDW Oct. 2009 - Caribbean Beach
    WDW Feb 2010 All Star Music
    WDW June. 2011 POP Century

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm sorry because I like Apple but I would boycott the whole place if this happend. Not for the reason that they would change it that much but for the fact that this was not Walt Disney's ideas for the park.
    Last edited by SoupBone; 03-05-2006 at 06:45 PM.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Did Walt Disney expect his company to do websites and Internet-based businesses? (VMK? Toontown Online?) Did he expect it to buy a television network? Multiple cable networks? I think aversion to changes is not necessarily a good thing.

(Now, I happen to think this is a bad idea for other reasons.)

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am
    Did Walt Disney expect his company to do websites and Internet-based businesses? (VMK? Toontown Online?) Did he expect it to buy a television network? Multiple cable networks? I think aversion to changes is not necessarily a good thing.

(Now, I happen to think this is a bad idea for other reasons.)

Let me clarify. Change can go either way so there is no way to determine how bad or good it would be. I think it would destroy Disney World to see Apple logos place all over Disney. It's bad enough to see other corporate sponsorship logos all over currently and we certainly don't need anymore. The last thing I want or need to see is more corporate takeover of a place that was designed as a magical place and God knows it's already all over the parks. I love Disney and I just hate to see the current path it's on right now. I'd also like to note that no-one could have predicted such things as the internet and such but your argument is a tad flawed. Walt may very well have embraced such things but the takeover of something he created by another company is something I'm sure he wouldn't agree with. Either way we'll never know and all of it just best guessing by either of us.
    Last edited by SoupBone; 03-05-2006 at 11:06 PM.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I happen to think this would be a good thing....Steve Jobs I think would hold true to Walt's vision....more then others would. And I don't think he would put apples everywhere....but for once in my life I'll be able to play all the Disney games that are not MAC friendly!

Besides....he did run Pixar too!

Contemporary05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    "IF" (and that's a big if) Apple was preparing to do anything with buying Disney, Steve Jobs is smart enough to realize how many people would be dissapointed if they saw Apple logos everywhere. If anything, most of what would happen would be behind the scenes at Disney (IE, a restructing of the companies computer systems to run off of OS X or sole use of Apple computers for creation and production of animated movies, stuff like that). The only direct effect any sort of deal with Apple would have would probably be a sponsership or two of a ride or pavilion at WDW. Jobs has been very, very protective about keeping Apple as a seperate company who are in their niche market.

One can think of it this way. There are many similarities between diehard Disney fans and the cult of Mac. Each knows what they want, and they normally get it. Mac users don't regularly use Windows based machines if they don't have to, much like how Disney fans won't go to Universal. Strong Disney people believe in following Walt's original dream. Apple Computer users, for the most part, still follow Jobs and Wozniaks belief of going against the norm (Microsoft). And the other major similarity is that both companies really listen to their consumers for the most part and give them what they ask for, instead of just shoving something at you and telling you to like it. Apple and Disney are very different companies, but they have the same idealogies in dedication to their customers and an established niche market.

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm lost, I see a lot of people writing how they would ban WDW if Jobs took over. What are you basing it upon? Have you ever seen the apple logo along side the Pixar logo... one of Job's other aquisitions? Did the Pixar films get ruined because Steve Jobs owned it?

IF you think about it, Steve Jobs and Walt do have a lot similar characteristics, they think outside the box tremendously, they are both very creative free thinkers. Apple computers now are superior in OS to Windows, windows is just more popular. Ipods are the standard music player. Steve knows his stuff and I think bringing him into Disney could only do good. I'm sure every disney employee would have to learn Mac OSX, and we could see a Mickey I-pod soon after. lol. And maybe we could see Song of the South on ipod video.

rxpeje63 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I think it might be great if Jobs and Iger can exist together they could make Disney the great company that it was in its golden age. I would not mind it as long as they did not put those anoyying apple logos all over. I know some think that the disny logo is also annoying but it is Disney.
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." W.D.
    DH DS(17) DD (14)DD(10) Chewbacca(4)
    Han Solo(3)
    DW 8/1/62 - 9/4/10