Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss College Progammer Attacked at the Commons apartment complex in the News & Rumors forums; This was on the news here last night. Didn't see it yet here on DWT, so I thought I'd post the link. http://www.local6.com/news/7515586/detail.html...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!

College Progammer Attacked at the Commons apartment complex

This was on the news here last night. Didn't see it yet here on DWT, so I thought I'd post the link.
    http://www.local6.com/news/7515586/detail.html
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Big Cheese is offline B-Ticket Holder
    This shouldn't surprise us with today's society, No matter where it happens. All the screening in the world won't stop what goes on in a person's head. Does anybody really know anybody? My sympathy goes out to the victim, what a shame.
    TheBIGGEST,Little kid in the O Family!
    DISNEY ROCKS!
    WDW Dec. 75 - offsite
    WDW June 88 - Honeymoon, offsite
    WDW Feb. 2001 - All Star Sports
    WDW Dec. 2002 - All Star Music
    Disneyland April 2003 - offsite
    WDW Dec. 2005 - POP Century
    WDW Feb. 2007 - All Star Sports
    WDW Feb. 2008 - All Star Sports
    WDW Oct. 2009 - Caribbean Beach
    WDW Feb 2010 All Star Music
    WDW June. 2011 POP Century

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    oh my gosh! That is just so terribly sad! How absolutely awful! My thoughts & prayers are with the victim as well!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Disney responds after worker attacked

From Staff reports

February 28, 2006, 12:33 PM EST

Orange County -- A group of Walt Disney World workers are being questioned following a co-worker's accusation that they raped her during the weekend, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The woman told deputies that she was attacked between 4 a.m. and 5 a.m. Sunday as she walked home from a friend's apartment inside a fenced housing complex Disney uses to house foreign employees in the theme parks' college program, according to reports.

She said four or five French men grabbed her and carried her into an apartment. They allowed her to phone her friend, she told deputies, but they ended the call before she could say where she was being held.

Walt Disney World officials declined to comment on the incident except to say they are cooperating fully with the sheriff's office.

WDW Donna is offline Much too far from the Magic :(
    That is not the first incident, when I came home I was watching America's Most Wanted and there was an attack on a girl at Vista Way where we lived. It happened just after I left.
    My boyfriend at the time was had heard of an article in Playboy about Vista Way - and someone had actually wrote in what (apparently) used to go on in the hot tubs there.

EpcoT International Program June 21-January 21 1991
    Resorts we have tried;
    Yacht and Beach Club (our wedding)-1994
    All Star Movies -2004
    All Star Sports - 2006
    All Star Music Resort - 2008
    Coronado Springs -2009

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    I am flabbergasted, I don't know what to say...
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I am terribly sad to hear this, but anywhere around Disney is like everywhere else in the world in many ways-sickos all around us.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    What's ironic is that just days ago when I asked if my girlfriend (a current CPer) wanted to come spend a night in Daytona with me, the news popped up about a body turning up in Daytona (just down the road from my apartment, actually), and that a possibility existed of it being part of an ongoing serial killing thing. She said she wouldn't feel safe coming down to stay with me this soon after that, and that she would rather stay in Disney at least for the rest of this week. That very same night, the news of the Common's attack hit the TV news stations, and when I told her about that, she was like "You can't feel safe anywhere anymore!" and ran to tell her roommates. Even though she's staying at Vista Way, I think this most recent news hit a bit close to home for her. You see, we're used to the semi-rural small town atmosphere of back home in CT, where these kinds of violent crimes are really quite rare. These kinds of things are especially shocking for people with our kind of upbringing.
    -Don-

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Oh yeah. I was watching the Amazing Race last night when I saw it!

I (quite literally) SCREAMED!!

I mean come ON! Why Disney!?! You don't do that in Disney! How heartless do you have to be to do that (at all for one) at Disney?
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

xbeccahx is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I couldn't believe this! So weird and eerie.
    I hope Disney has some sort of blacklist. Like in Vegas. And if they try to enter someone will break their kneecaps.
    Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic. - Sam the Eagle

Well, I don't necessarily agree with the kneecaps thing, but I think it can be said for certain that if found guilty, these fellows will be on the next plane back to France, and will certainly never work for the Walt Disney Company ever again.

As for banning certain guests to return to the parks, I've heard of it happening, but I don't know of any specific cases at Disney. I do know of a specific case of that happening at Universal though. Ask SummerSun (Paul) sometime to tell you about how he ended up getting banned from Universal (if he doesn't mind telling you, that is). It's kind of a funny story actually.
    -Don-

Yea, LOL, I was kidding about the kneecaps thing. I don't even think Vegas really does that anymore, if they ever did.

Mouseman is offline B-Ticket Holder
    No thr kind of thing's I like posting, but I guess its important. In some really, really, odd way I guess this is good news? Still very sad though. I got this from the WESH website
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

Officials: Woman's Gang Rape Story Is Bogus

Disney Employees Cleared, Woman Charged

POSTED: 9:07 pm EST March 2, 2006
    UPDATED: 6:03 pm EST March 3, 2006
    Email This Story | Print This Story

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Orange County Sheriff's Office just announced that it has arrested the woman who claimed she was raped by several men who work at Walt Disney World. They say the woman made up the story, and that the *** was consensual.The woman, Elizabeth Sunde, 26, is being charged with making a false police report, WESH NewsChannel 2 reported.On Feb. 26, police responded to a report of an alleged sexual battery involving multiple suspects.Sunde told investigators that she was approached by five or six "French men" in her apartment complex at approximately 4 a.m., and said the men physically carried her to the Gables Commons Apartments, where she was held down and sexually battered by at least four men.

Sunde stated she returned to her apartment some time after 5 a.m. after the alleged assaults and ultimately went to work. She did not report the incident to the Sheriff's Office until about 5 p.m., when she returned to her apartment after her work day.Orange County *** Crimes Investigator Detective Phillip Graves has determined that Sunde's account of the incident was not factual and that the sexual encounters were, in fact, consensual. The suspects in the alleged attacks were cooperative with the investigation from its onset to the point of providing a video tape of the incident, which helped corroborate their account of the incident.Sunde was booked into the Orange County jail Friday, and was was also in possession of a small amount of marijuana at the time of her arrest, and was subsequently charged with possession of marijuana.

Ya know... I had a sneaking suspicion that might be the case, but I didn't want to seem heartless by jumping to this conclusion when it very well could have been for real. I'm quite relieved to have heard this latest news. Thanks.
    -Don-

What an idiot that lady is. Trying to find a reason to do something like that is baffling to me, but I guess some people just desperately need attention. Did she not know they were videotaping it or something? Disgusting, but still who would go to the police if they knew there was videotaped evidence contradicting their story? The only thing I can think is that she was out of her mind on drugs. Sad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast