Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney To Get 2 New Restaurants in the News & Rumors forums; I owe a big thanks to my dad for giving me a copy of this press release from Landry's Restaurants, Inc. (they're the guys who own the Rainforest Cafe). Since ...
    olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett

Disney To Get 2 New Restaurants

I owe a big thanks to my dad for giving me a copy of this press release from Landry's Restaurants, Inc. (they're the guys who own the Rainforest Cafe).

Since it's a press release, I put this in the news section...if you want to move it, do so.

...T-Rex is a unique concept that features dining and retail in an interactive prehistoris environment. The oncept is built around water, fire, and ice -- guests visiting T-Rex will be greeted with life size animatronic dinosaurs that live among cascading waterfalls, bubbling geysers, a fossil dig site and much more. Locations are planned domestically and internationally, the first of which is slated to open this spring in The Legends mall in Kansas City, Kansas; with another opening in Downtown Disney (near Orlando) in early 2008.

In addition to the T-Rex concept, Landry's has acquired the majority interest in Schussler Creative's new Asian themed eatery (which is expexted to open by summer 2007) inside Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park. This Asian-themed restaurant with retail in reminiscent of the wester Himalayan foothills in India and Nepal, featuring a rural village called Anandapur in a jungle with a tiny town-like mass at its center. Asia will offer full-service table dining, as well as quick service food. This Asian-Fusion concept will feature Asian decor, complete with Asian antiques, as well as a retail component that will offer Asian goods ranging from Sushi plates to chopsticks and fine teapots.
    So, a new restaurant in DTD and in DAK. I particularly like the T-Rex idea; what are your thoughts?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Think I posted this a few days ago - no offense to your dad there! http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=5705 AllEarsNet had the news last week.

I'm wondering if they are actually going to build another restaurant, or if we will see the Rainforest Cafe in DTD closing and being converted to the T-Rex theme. If they have 2 Rainforests and a T-Rex, wouldn't that be too much?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Ooops...didn't see that thread! I'm not sure if they're going to chenge the current DTD Rainforest, but it does sound like a bit much...
    -Taylor

LOL that's okay, Taylor! btw good to see you posting again!

From MousePlanet: speculation about where the new T-Rex might be located: "It is uncertain at this time whether the location will be on the parcel to the north of Cirque du Soleil, across from the Saratoga Springs Resort, or replacing one of the clubs on the lakeshore side of Pleasure Island."
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Another take, from the Orlando Business Journal http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11693904/
    says it will be built on the edge of Pleasure Island and is the cornerstone of a "huge" DTD/Pleasure Island makeover.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

_Tinkerbell_ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I agree, the T-Rex theme would be very exciting and the kids would love it. I dont know though whether they will close Rainforest Cafe, as i imagine they will still get the custom from the ppl visiting DAK and DTD is still far enough away for this theme. I think so anyway.

Tink
    When you Wish Upon a Star.......

Off Site - 1993
    All Star Sports - 1996
    All Star Music - 1998
    Off Site -2000
    Off Site - 2003
    Next, Coronado Springs - July 2006

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    Another take, from the Orlando Business Journal http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11693904/
    says it will be built on the edge of Pleasure Island and is the cornerstone of a "huge" DTD/Pleasure Island makeover.

I heard about the rehab...according to Wikipedia (which is semi-reliable), PI will be completely demolished and rebuilt from scratch, and all 3 areas will be referrec to as "Downtown Disney" as opposed to DTD Marketplace, DTD West Side, and PI.
    -Taylor

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    I like the Dinosaur idea. Very creative idea. I think it would work better in Dinoland USA. Do I have to explain my reasoning?
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    I like the Dinosaur idea. Very creative idea. I think it would work better in Dinoland USA. Do I have to explain my reasoning?

Hm, I actually think DTD is a better location. I understand your logic, but DinoLand already has a restaurant (granted, it's only breakfast), and DAK is also getting the new Asia theme. DTD just fits the atmosphere of "entertainment dining" better, in my opinion.
    -Taylor

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    I believe the reason there are no sit down resturants like this in DAK is the short hours (early closing) of operation at that park. They would be missing a large dinner crowd that is paramount to the success of a sit down resturant.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    This is gonna be awesome!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I like dinosaurs so TRex will be cool, and I love asian food so a new addition to AK will be awesome!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!