Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Disney vs. The ****'s Angels in the News & Rumors forums; i found this story while reading through one of my motorcycle forums. http://www.local6.com/news/7886847/detail.html Hells Angels Sue Disney Over Trademark Skull, Name The ****'s Angels Motorcyle Club is going head to ...
    GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!

Disney vs. The ****'s Angels

i found this story while reading through one of my motorcycle forums.

http://www.local6.com/news/7886847/detail.html

Hells Angels Sue Disney Over Trademark Skull, Name

The ****'s Angels Motorcyle Club is going head to head with the Walt Disney World Company over use of their trademark skull and name, according to a Local 6 News report.

The group is suing Disney's Buena Vista Motion Pictures and its new movie "Wild Hogs."

In the film, John Travolta, Tim Allen and Martin Lawrence play middle-aged wannabe bikes who encounter some ****'s Angels members.

The ****'s Angels said they never approved the movie's use of their name or skull that shows horns, feathers and a helmet, according to the report.

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    and, if anyone really cares or wants to know, here's "my people's" side of it....

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=73534

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Hmm. Well, how official is this biking club? The way I see it, I think they're either: over-reacting or looking for money.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    Hmm. Well, how official is this biking club? The way I see it, I think they're either: over-reacting or looking for money.
    official biking club? you're kidding, right?

and what about the day care center Disney sued to remove the mural they painted? was that over reacting or looking for money?

here, i did some research for you, so you can educate yourself. i realize the ****'s Angels popularity was way before your time........

http://www.hells-angels.com/

this Amazon link is a listing of all the movies and books done about them

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...hells%20angels

again, i realize you're not into motorcycles, and they were popular about 20 to 15 years before you were born, but just because you never heard of them, doesn't mean they are not legitimate.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Ok well sue me for my lack of years. And about the nursery thing, definately over-reacting.

I still think they're over-reacting. I wouldn't sue if I was in a movie. Even IF they're some biking club.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

branding and name recognition is very important to organizations. Wharton's School of Business did a study 4 years ago and theorized that Coke could close up shop and go out of business, and reopen 5 years later producing a product other then soft drinks and return to their current profitability within roughly 3 to 4 years.

companies/organizations go through a lot of trouble and time to perfect their image as to make themselves stand out. look at the great lengths Disney goes to in not only protecting their image, but at the same time strengthing their brand and market position.

with the ****'s Angels it's a lot deeper because it goes beyond business and into brotherhood and family, and turf battles against the Pagans and the Blue Knights.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    I'm definitely with the Angels on this one. their image as totally tuff dudes would be tarnished if they were seen as being involved with a Disney movie. (hate to say it, but it's true).

If we can dream it, we can do it

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I think you have to protect what is yours. If you don't, no one else will.

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve
    I'm definitely with the Angels on this one. their image as totally tuff dudes would be tarnished if they were seen as being involved with a Disney movie. (hate to say it, but it's true).
    i have the same problem.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    don't we all, hahaha

If we can dream it, we can do it

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Don't mess with the Angels, man. Personally, I prefer the Bandidos, but eh.

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    This is a Dance-off waiting to happen! (sorry - theatre-geek in me shines through once again...)

I am with the ****'s Angels on this one... Sorry Disney - but copywright issues apply here -- cannot use a name or a logo without permission...

gatormark67 is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney Wins...

Even if Disney loses the suit...they will win the publicity battle and the movie will get great coverage.

Besides a bunch of balding old men with beer bellies and greying gotees going after the World's favorite character...they will look like big bullies.

JK...about the old men and beer bellies part!

I would think that the ****'s Angels would love for Disney to make fun of a group of posers trying to be bikers. I crack up everytime I see these middle aged attorneys sporting leather on Saturday being total posers!Although it is probably on of these attorneys that is behind the lawsuit.

Have a MAGICAL DAY!

GrmGrnningGhost is offline Friends Call Me Snow Miser...
    I agree wiht the7thAve. Hells Angels are a tough and being in a Disney film sure does show there manly side. Not
    Josh

The happy haunts have received your simpathetic vibrations, and are begining to materialize.They're assembling for a swinging wake,and they will be expecting me.I will see you all a little later

I'm Mister White Christmas
    I'm Mister Snow
    I'm Mister Icicle
    I'm Mister Ten Below
    Friends call me Snow Miser
    What ever I touch
    Turns to snow in my clutch
    I'm too much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast