Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Walt Disney World (WDW) News Discuss Attn: Haunted Mansion Fans in the News & Rumors forums; Slave Labor Graphics, publishers of such perrenial comic favorites as "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac," "Milk and Cheese", and my personal favorite, "I Feel Sick," has signed a deal with Disney ...
    the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Attn: Haunted Mansion Fans

Slave Labor Graphics, publishers of such perrenial comic favorites as "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac," "Milk and Cheese", and my personal favorite, "I Feel Sick," has signed a deal with Disney to publish a series of Haunted Mansion comics. Unless you are familiar with semi-underground comics or are a nerd (I myself am guilty on both counts) you may be unfamiliar with the label of Slave Labor, but rest assured your goth teenager knows them. They are home to one of today's leading gothic/dark comic artists, Jhonen Vasquez, and they also produced the award-winning and popular cartoon Tv show "Invader Zim."

On a personal note, I am going to try and snap these up asap, b/c being as SLG is kinda a "indie" thing, there is probly going to be a limited run of these, and I expect them to be collector's items fairly soon. I also expect them to be top quality, as everything I have read by SLG is quite humorous, in a dark kind of way.

The folks at SLG say that the comic has nothing to do with the Haunted Mansion movie, but rather is based on the ride itself and the lore surrounding it. awesome.

more info? http://www.slavelabor.com/index2.html

p.s.
    I know there are at LEAST two issues out already. available via the website above or probly at your local comic book store.
    Last edited by the7thAve; 03-21-2006 at 12:50 AM.

If we can dream it, we can do it

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    There is some more on these comics, which started publishing last October, here: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=2587
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    There is some more on these comics, which started publishing last October, here: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=2587
    my bad. as usual, I'm behind the times. I didn't know about em until I read an interview in a magazine that is for independent art and media, and they were asking SLG (normally an on-the fringe, indie publisher) about why they signed with Disney of all people to do some comics.

I think their answer was, basically, "It's fun, we're fans of the ride, and they pay us." which pretty much sums it up as far as I'm concerned.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I saw one in Hot Topic just a few hours ago....if only I hadn't bought the mega Mountain Dew, it'd be mine...*grumble* I flipped through it, looked pretty good. I'll certainly be going back tomorrow with money!

EDIT: I went back the next day (today) and bought it! I'll put up the scans soon- it's quite amusing.
    Last edited by Pirate_Queen; 03-22-2006 at 10:22 PM.

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."